Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3478

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    I get what you're saying about Flacco,
    but this is the NFL and first-round TEs,
    at 6-4, 249 with 4.5 speed
    going against a DB
    should be able to make that catch or
    at least do a better job at fighting for the catch.

Fant seems either lost or misused.
    I agree, it was a combination of an under thrown ball and Fant not knowing how to come back to the ball. Maybe the sun played a role?

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    During the game I thought the INT was on Fant for not coming back to the ball. After watching the play again the INT was mainly on Flacco. The protection was solid. Instead of stepping into the throw Flacco threw it off his back foot. He over reacted to pressure that really wasnít there. If he made a better throw that pass drops right into Fantís hands. Fant should learn in time to locate the ball and come back if under thrown like today.
    I donít think Fant even expected the ball to be honest. He tried to look for the ball late and when he did he looked straight up like it was passing over his head. Iím guessing he heard someone on the field saying to look for the ball. Iíve seen Fant make over the shoulder catches, so it was strange to see him not turn his head.

Thereís just no chemistry between them right now. Combined with the huge learning curve that TEs go through from college to the NFL (2nd biggest to QB IMO) and you see stuff like this. I still see flashes from him here and there though, just got to struggle through these growing pains

I agree, it was a combination of an under thrown ball and Fant not knowing how to come back to the ball. Maybe the sun played a role?
    I don’t think Fant knew the ball was thrown to him. It hit him in the back and he wasn’t looking back for it.

Only defense I can give Flacco on that is I don’t think Fant was aware.

The challenge with Flacco and the offense is that they arenít playing well enough to beat good teams (obviously). The defense played extremely well but Mariota has struggled most of the season. To win games against good teams weíll need Flacco and the offense to play better. There were plays Flacco left on the field today. On a related note Leary needs to sit the bench. Part of Flaccoís issue is sensing pressure that isnít actually there because the line has had problems in pass protection. The INT today was a perfect example - there wasnít really pressure but Flacco thought there was and threw off his back foot.
    The real problem, as you mentioned, is the OL.

Flacco can't block and pass at the same time.
    Does he make bone head plays? Sure.

But the OL has always been suspect
    and putting a statue-QB back there isn't going to help.

What's going on with McGovern?

Wilkinson did better this week,
    but he's strictly depth, which is what he is.
    Depth.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I don’t think Fant even expected the ball to be honest. He tried to look for the ball late and when he did he looked straight up like it was passing over his head. I’m guessing he heard someone on the field saying to look for the ball. I’ve seen Fant make over the shoulder catches, so it was strange to see him not turn his head.

There’s just no chemistry between them right now. Combined with the huge learning curve that TEs go through from college to the NFL (2nd biggest to QB IMO) and you see stuff like this. I still see flashes from him here and there though, just got to struggle through these growing pains
    Everyone praised Hockenson to Detroit and after week one he was major flopping before his injury.

I think the sun played a part, for sure.

Did anyone else see Harris Jr point at the sun
    after AJ Brown caught a nice ball against him?

Hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Everyone praised Hockenson to Detroit and after week one he was major flopping before his injury.
    Yeah but that was against a Vance Joseph defense. He thinks the turf will cover TEs

Yeah but that was against a Vance Joseph defense. He thinks the turf will cover TEs
    That only seems to stop Eric decker

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Never have I seen so much depression after a win

Welcome to Funkytown...

Last edited by Rastic; 10-13-2019 at 07:17 PM.

I donít think Fant even expected the ball to be honest. He tried to look for the ball late and when he did he looked straight up like it was passing over his head. Iím guessing he heard someone on the field saying to look for the ball. Iíve seen Fant make over the shoulder catches, so it was strange to see him not turn his head.

Thereís just no chemistry between them right now. Combined with the huge learning curve that TEs go through from college to the NFL (2nd biggest to QB IMO) and you see stuff like this. I still see flashes from him here and there though, just got to struggle through these growing pains
    That ball should be outside beyond Fant because the safety came late. Even the DB covering didnít look for the ball because he expected it to be over Fantís shoulder. Again, a veteran TE might make that play but Flacco under threw the ball. Fant was running to the sideline. Maybe they werenít on the same page but either way Flacco went off his back foot and it looked under thrown IMO.

I think the sun played a part, for sure.

Did anyone else see Harris Jr point at the sun
    after AJ Brown caught a nice ball against him?

Hilarious!
    Yeah it just didnít work out. Would like some of those plays to work for Fant to build his confidence.

We just have to accept Harris pointing at someone or something. Lol

The real problem, as you mentioned, is the OL.

Flacco can't block and pass at the same time.
    Does he make bone head plays? Sure.

But the OL has always been suspect
    and putting a statue-QB back there isn't going to help.

What's going on with McGovern?

Wilkinson did better this week,
    but he's strictly depth, which is what he is.
    Depth.
    The issue is what happens to a QB over time with a poor line. On that play, regardless of whether Fant should have turned back or not was Flacco throwing off his back foot. Flacco perceived pressure that wasnít there (because of previous issues with protection).

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Never have I seen so much depression after a win

Welcome to Funkytown...

A shutout and a free DJ...Iíll take it!

People overstate how bad our OL is. Most plays Flacco has enough protection to make a play. The Titans wish they had our OL. Itís not great by any means, and it definitely has penalty issues, but itís providing roughly average pass protection right now. The issue is that Flacco is not the kind of QB who makes his OL look better. Heís the type of QB who makes his OL look much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Coming into today Joe Flaccos qb rating was 22nd in the league out of 33 eligible NFL QBís. He then posted a 67.1 rating today which likely lowers him further down the totem pole.

The notion he is even average is purely agenda based and not rooted in facts.
    I guess I can't argue with that. I can say though that the Broncos schedule is quite a bit more difficult than average. And the fact that it's year one in this entire team system

I'm not saying he's the answer I just think some of you guys are harder on him than seems appropriate. I'd rather have a franchise QB too, but I don't feel like Lock is that guy. Be nice if we can find out this season before next draft though........ who Lock is. Right now the team is too green to make a change probably.

Last 4 games at least would be somewhat helpful in learning who Lock might be
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese