Page 207 of 232 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3478

Thread: Flacco

  1. #3091
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,842
    Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    No they donít. Sorry.
    Yes they do, try again.

  2. #3092
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Taos, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    He is 26-31 since his decline truly started in 2015. That's below average. His losing record in that span combined with his bottom-teir individual numbers means he is a below average QB by all standards.

    In every offense he's been in through that time frame, he has underperformed. We knew what we were getting, and that is one of the leagues worst starters.
    My recollection is that after his big payday, the cap hit wiped out the supporting cast and the rest is history.

    Right now, we need to protect him to find out what he's got left in the tank. A couple of the receivers stepped up yesterday, we need more out of the TE position big time.
    [

  3. #3093
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    15,796
    This thread has been cleaned numerous times. Numerous notes left by mods.

    The Warning sticky is still here for a reason.

    Have your strong opinions. But remember that they are opinions (even if backed by stats) and that others are allowed to have differing views.

    Do it in a respectful manner or this thread will get closed and / or IPs handed out.

    No need to be nasty.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  4. #3094
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,212
    Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    The average starting QB in the NFL makes more good plays than bad plays. Flacco is roughly 50/50 as you say, and that makes him below average.
    Who would you have started over the last 6 games, Brandon Allen? Everyone can go back and forth but the reality is Joe Flacco is the starting quarterback. Lock injured his thumb in preseason and Allen was a late signing after Hogan proved incapable.

    Flacco and the offense havenít played with consistency, but Joe led a couple of late scoring drives to put the Broncos in position to win. Both side of the arguments have merit, e.g. Flacco should have played better earlier in those games and not turned the ball over. Those arguments are fair. Itís also reasonable to say the defense should have held the Bears and Jags from scoring (officials played a role). Play calling and the offensive line play a role along with Flacco.

    Lock would likely give Scangarello more plays with his athleticism and arm talent, but we might lose some of the playbook with a young signal caller learning a complex offense.

    If the Broncos stack some wins and get back into the division race I doubt weíll see Lock anytime soon. If we see another four game losing streak I wouldnít be surprised to see Lock.

  5. #3095
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    And why would they want to trade him in favor of an unproven rookie if he was an average starting QB? Jackson was pretty bad as a passer last season if you donít recall.
    They already planned to trade Flacco . They drafted Jackson to be their Qb. Once he got hurt they played Jackson . If your going to trade a player (and I'm only guessing here but Im pretty sure the Broncos talked to the Ravens before the trade) you dont play that player because if he gets hurt then your screwed. They knew Flacco was gone after the season so they let Jackson finish it out which I think was a good call .

  6. #3096
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,212
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    That 3rd down pass you're referring to, Freeman missed the blitz pick up, and Flacco couldn't step into the throw.
    Once in a while a quarterback needs to make a play even when conditions arenít perfect. He got the throw there so he had time, just put it behind Sutton.

  7. #3097
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Once in a while a quarterback needs to make a play even when conditions arenít perfect. He got the throw there so he had time, just put it behind Sutton.
    In less than perfect conditions he gave his top WR a legit shot at the ball with pressure in his face.

  8. #3098
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,212
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    In less than perfect conditions he gave his top WR a legit shot at the ball with pressure in his face.
    Sutton gave his QB a shot at a completion.

  9. #3099
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,251
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    They already planned to trade Flacco . They drafted Jackson to be their Qb. Once he got hurt they played Jackson . If your going to trade a player (and I'm only guessing here but Im pretty sure the Broncos talked to the Ravens before the trade) you dont play that player because if he gets hurt then your screwed. They knew Flacco was gone after the season so they let Jackson finish it out which I think was a good call .
    That's the way I saw it. They did not want him to get hurt. And he was getting paid 20+ Million a year.

  10. #3100
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Sutton gave his QB a shot at a completion.
    Sutton did nothing above average, Flacco made the toss with pressure in his face. Flacco has his issues, that play isn't one of them.

  11. #3101
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,246
    Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    What we donít get is that the numbers just donít support the notion that heís average, and yet you guys just keep insisting he is. Itís puzzling to say the least.
    What I think I'm hearing is two different interpretations of average. One that is much more black and white and another that has more grey.

    To me what is puzzling is that with very few exceptions, no one is claiming Flacco is great. There really is no reason to get down on others because they do not share a view of just how bad Flacco is or is not. He's a meh QB on a meh offense with some other prominent meh pieces with plays called by a 1st year and so far meh OC.

  12. #3102
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    What I think I'm hearing is two different interpretations of average. One that is much more black and white and another that has more grey.

    To me what is puzzling is that with very few exceptions, no one is claiming Flacco is great. There really is no reason to get down on others because they do not share a view of just how bad Flacco is or is not. He's a meh QB on a meh offense with some other prominent meh pieces with plays called by a 1st year and so far meh OC.

    Yes rastic no one is saying he's great you're right but they ARE saying he is good enough, which he is not. He's just not, how can it be grey when he ranks at the bottom half of the league? How can it be grey when our offense is one of the worst in the NFL? How can it be grey when he hasn't even outperformed the journeymen we have trotted out the last few years? You know what I mean? It's not getting down on others, its just saying our QB play is not average.

    Someone said there is no other option and he's the starter, yes correct, but why does that mean people need to blindly say that he's good enough? Why does that mean he can't be criticized? Why does that mean we can't want better? You're right that there is no current solution, that has already been discussed, but there needs to be one at some point in the future because this cannot keep going as it is. Lock probably needs to start at some point and start gaining experience and/or giving us a look at the future.

  13. #3103
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,956
    Good gravy guys . Flacco is avg . He isnt terrible . Average is meh just like Rastic points out. Hes not the reason you lose but he ain't the reason you win . That there is pretty dang average to me . Average doesnt mean good and it doesnt mean terrible . Now everyone can sleep tonight......your welcome

  14. #3104
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Good gravy guys . Flacco is avg . He isnt terrible . Average is meh just like Rastic points out. Hes not the reason you lose but he ain't the reason you win . There that's pretty dang average to me . Average doesnt mean good and it doesnt mean terrible . Now everyone can sleep tonight......your welcome
    Yes but he's not average...hence the discussion

  15. #3105
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    15,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    What I think I'm hearing is two different interpretations of average. One that is much more black and white and another that has more grey.

    To me what is puzzling is that with very few exceptions, no one is claiming Flacco is great. There really is no reason to get down on others because they do not share a view of just how bad Flacco is or is not. He's a meh QB on a meh offense with some other prominent meh pieces with plays called by a 1st year and so far meh OC.
    meh. That's the way I see it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    Yes rastic no one is saying he's great you're right but they ARE saying he is good enough, which he is not. He's just not, how can it be grey when he ranks at the bottom half of the league? How can it be grey when our offense is one of the worst in the NFL? How can it be grey when he hasn't even outperformed the journeymen we have trotted out the last few years? You know what I mean? It's not getting down on others, its just saying our QB play is not average.

    Someone said there is no other option and he's the starter, yes correct, but why does that mean people need to blindly say that he's good enough? Why does that mean he can't be criticized? Why does that mean we can't want better? You're right that there is no current solution, that has already been discussed, but there needs to be one at some point in the future because this cannot keep going as it is. Lock probably needs to start at some point and start gaining experience and/or giving us a look at the future.
    Who said he can't be criticized? Read through several threads. It creeps into everything. --- Peanut the member

    Peanut the mod --- The mod notes and cleaning have nothing to do with people's opinions. It has everything to do with how members are treating each other. Just to clarify that in case it's needed.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •