Page 139 of 210 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 3146

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    We should invest in a mosh pit.
    That sounds like my kinda party

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    We should invest in a mosh pit.
    Thats a good idea!

Itís time to face the music, especially if we lose on Sunday. Elway needs to get out of this ďre-loadĒ mentality and go into straight rebuild. We have a solid young nucleas in Lock, Lindsay, Sutton, and Risner. We need to bogart draft picks and build around those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I remember the same kinda defenses for Trevor at first, before people finally realized he couldn't score points and wasn't really all that good...

There's always people who defend QBs like flacco because they want the team to win, I get it.

He's not THE problem, but he sure as heck is a part of the problem, people will slowly start to realize it. Just like they did with Orton and Trevor.
    Wow, we agree.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Itís time to face the music, especially if we lose on Sunday. Elway needs to get out of this ďre-loadĒ mentality and go into straight rebuild. We have a solid young nucleas in Lock, Lindsay, Sutton, and Risner. We need to bogart draft picks and build around those guys.
    Our team is only a few pieces from being competitive. A MLB would be nice and a tackle to replace Bolles would be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    Our team is only a few pieces from being competitive. A MLB would be nice and a tackle to replace Bolles would be as well.
    Add an qb to the list

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    I bet for 15 years some Browns fans said they were only a few pieces from being competitive as well.

I donít see how anyone looks at this roster that appears to be headed for a third consecutive losing seasons and thinks itís only a few pieces from being a legit roster.

I think sometimes many of us wear our orange colored glasses and over value a few players that really arenít all that special just because we see a few flashy plays at times.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I bet for 15 years some Browns fans said they were only a few pieces from being competitive as well.

I donít see how anyone looks at this roster that appears to be headed for a third consecutive losing seasons and thinks itís only a few pieces from being a legit roster.

I think sometimes many of us wear our orange colored glasses and over value a few players that really arenít all that special just because we see a few flashy plays at times.
    Itís very hard to respect ppl who continuously lie to themselves isnít it?

Iím hard on this FO because of my passion as a fan. Kind of like a parent being disappointed in their child for doing something obviously stupid when you know they know better.

There is no right way to do something wrong but a lot of these guys will never understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    There was a lot of talk this year of how Rockies ownership made a massive mistake of over valuing their roster after back to back postseason appearances. And not realizing they needed to make more offseason moves than they did because they didnít understand they over achieved two years in a row. And the result is a 90+ loss season this year.

It appears as though Elway is making a similar mistake based on some players remaining from Super Bowl 50. He is over valuing other players and thinking he only needs a few pieces to get back to contention instead of realizing the roster is far from competing. We know he doesnít like embracing the ďrebuild modeĒ mentality. But the roster is basically made up of a rebuild mode roster wether he acknowledges it or not.

There was a lot of talk this year of how Rockies ownership made a massive mistake of over valuing their roster after back to back postseason appearances. And not realizing they needed to make more offseason moves than they did because they didnít understand they over achieved two years in a row. And the result is a 90+ loss season this year.

It appears as though Elway is making a similar mistake based on some players remaining from Super Bowl 50. He is over valuing other players and thinking he only needs a few pieces to get back to contention instead of realizing the roster is far from competing. We know he doesnít like embracing the ďrebuild modeĒ mentality. But the roster is basically made up of a rebuild mode roster wether he acknowledges it or not.
    I understand taking that approach in 2916 and maybe into 2017. If he would have picked the right players it might have worked however, not when combined with hiring the wrong head coach. Not to mention poor drafts compounding the problem.

Flacco isnít as bad as some people believe but heís certainly not at the level to carry a team.

Even if the Broncos went into full rebuild mode by trading Von and moving on from guys like Wolfe, I donít believe Elway would use the draft capital and cap space effectively.

I admire and respect what Elway has done for the Broncos as a player and early in his role as GM. However, itís become painfully obvious how poorly heís managed the roster over the last several years.

Not giving up on the season just yet. Winning in Green Bay would be a step toward saving the season.

Iíve warmed up to Flacco especially with the fire he showed in the final drive last Sunday. Letís see if the offense can convert more opportunities tomorrow.

Spot on sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Spot on sadly.
    It really is and I include myself on having false hope at the start of every season.

It really is and I include myself on having false hope at the start of every season.
    I thought I tempered expectations by predicting a 9-7 season. At least for now it seems this team is a long way from a winning season. Maybe theyíll turn things around.

We kinda almost won the game last week