Page 140 of 213 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 190 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 3188

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    We kinda almost won the game last week
    Almost means nothing. Our offense sucked for all about 98% of the time last week. We will lose tomorrow and lose to Jacksonville too. We will have a top 5 pick and 3rd straight losing season.

We kinda almost won the game last week
    The glass is half full!

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Almost means nothing. Our offense sucked for all about 98% of the time last week. We will lose tomorrow and lose to Jacksonville too. We will have a top 5 pick and 3rd straight losing season.
    The glass is completely empty --it's just a cylinder with no bottom!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    It was entertaining

It was entertaining
    No it wasnít. It was a complete bore fest until the final 5 minutes. And thatís coming from someone who likes defensive games.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    No it wasnít. It was a complete bore fest until the final 5 minutes. And thatís coming from someone who likes defensive games.
    I had it Dvr-ed, so I was able to fast forward thru the commercials, etc. And we were jumping up and down yelling at the Tv, hugging, happy, sad, crying the blues, whole bit!!!!
    (That's entertaining, to me)

I had it Dvr-ed, so I was able to fast forward thru the commercials, etc. And we were jumping up and down yelling at the Tv, hugging, happy, sad, crying the blues, whole bit!!!!
    (That's entertaining, to me)
    Yeah for the last 5 minutes. There was nothing to get hyped up for on the first 45 minutes. We literally had one scoring drive during that span.

I suppose you were sad and crying the blues over 6 holding calls on Bolles though.

It was entertaining
    I didn't find it to be....

Yeah for the last 5 minutes. There was nothing to get hyped up for on the first 45 minutes. We literally had one scoring drive during that span.

I suppose you were sad and crying the blues over 6 holding calls on Bolles though.
    Listening to stink destroy him after each call was very entertaining.

An I the only one that just cannot stand stink?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Meh. I donít have a problem with him. Itís not like he was wrong on his criticism of us last week. And he gets paid to be objective not a homer. Unlike Dan Fouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I understand taking that approach in 2916 and maybe into 2017. If he would have picked the right players it might have worked however, not when combined with hiring the wrong head coach. Not to mention poor drafts compounding the problem.

Flacco isnít as bad as some people believe but heís certainly not at the level to carry a team.

Even if the Broncos went into full rebuild mode by trading Von and moving on from guys like Wolfe, I donít believe Elway would use the draft capital and cap space effectively.

I admire and respect what Elway has done for the Broncos as a player and early in his role as GM. However, itís become painfully obvious how poorly heís managed the roster over the last several years.

Not giving up on the season just yet. Winning in Green Bay would be a step toward saving the season.

Iíve warmed up to Flacco especially with the fire he showed in the final drive last Sunday. Letís see if the offense can convert more opportunities tomorrow.

Take this with a grain of salt from somebody who watched Flacco for 10 & 1/2 years in Baltimore, For the first five years of Joe's history in Baltimore the team kept the training wheels on - and tried to run the ball in order to not lose the game. It was only when they got in a spot (like the Broncos at the end of most recent game) that they opened up the passing game and let Joe be Joe. The Superbowl run in Joe's 5th year was a prime example of the team letting Joe loose.

After the Superbowl win, for whatever reason, the training wheels went back on - the Ravens let Anquan Boldin an Torrey Smith walk, and Harbaugh went back to running the ball in order not to lose. Occasionally - when they were in a pinch they'd let Joe loose and many times he'd pull out a "win" just to see the defense lose the game for him - just like the Broncos last game.

Its clear that the Broncos can't run the ball with the people the have in place. So why not let Joe loose and open up the offense.

I was beyond frustrated with #72
    (Can't even say his name)

Quote Originally Posted by Melemele View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt from somebody who watched Flacco for 10 & 1/2 years in Baltimore, For the first five years of Joe's history in Baltimore the team kept the training wheels on - and tried to run the ball in order to not lose the game. It was only when they got in a spot (like the Broncos at the end of most recent game) that they opened up the passing game and let Joe be Joe. The Superbowl run in Joe's 5th year was a prime example of the team letting Joe loose.

After the Superbowl win, for whatever reason, the training wheels went back on - the Ravens let Anquan Boldin an Torrey Smith walk, and Harbaugh went back to running the ball in order not to lose. Occasionally - when they were in a pinch they'd let Joe loose and many times he'd pull out a "win" just to see the defense lose the game for him - just like the Broncos last game.

Its clear that the Broncos can't run the ball with the people the have in place. So why not let Joe loose and open up the offense.
    What youíre describing is similar to how the Broncos handled Manning. I remember when the Broncos were losing badly to the Chiefs on MNF. Kubiak continued forcing Manning to run his offense. When it was clear it wasnít working they let Manning take over. Even with a worn out, broken down body he shredded the Chiefs.

I wouldnít say the Broncos canít run the ball. The run game has flashed and Freeman has punished defenders at the end of runs. Scangarello was overthinking a few of the plays in the red zone. They have Sutton with the wingspan of an Ostrich. Line up Sutton, Fant and Sanders on the same side, create a pick and put a 50-50 ball up for Sutton/Fant. If Sanders beats his guy then go there. Itís not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    No, you're not. I can't stand him either. I think he thinks he is hot you-know-what on a stick. (Can I say that?)

This draft looks to have some promising OTs in it. We reportedly had multiple scouts at the Wisconsin game, which hopefully was to get a look at their OL.