Page 194 of 232 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194 195 196 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3478

Thread: Flacco

  1. #2896
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,272
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    You can't look at him objectively again and say he's "good". The statistics and eye test simply do not back that up.

    He may be better than Siemian, Osweiler, Lynch, and Keenum. But that's not saying a whole lot.

    I do agree, however, that as long as we're winning it really doesn't matter. Flacco will be the starting quarterback, and should be.
    Are you serious? His stats aren't great but I'm going off of the eye test. He's a solid QB. Anyone who doesn't think so has has an idea of who he is without watching him play.

  2. #2897
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,761
    So the defense has allowed 6 points in 120 minutes and Flacco is getting credit for not scoring less than 6. Got it.

  3. #2898
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I just don't think that's a very balanced way of looking at a football game.
    its way too simplistic

  4. #2899
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,443
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I just don't think that's a very balanced way of looking at a football game.
    Hahahaha!!!!!
    Today was the kind of balance I like a 16 pt win by shutout

  5. #2900
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Are you serious? His stats aren't great but I'm going off of the eye test. He's a solid QB. Anyone who doesn't think so has has an idea of who he is without watching him play.
    Your eye test is telling you that?? ok then... not much can say to that

  6. #2901
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,570
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Are you serious? His stats aren't great but I'm going off of the eye test. He's a solid QB. Anyone who doesn't think so has has an idea of who he is without watching him play.
    I've been watching football for 30 years friend. I've watched Flacco play since he came into the NFL. His best days are behind him.

    Again, nothing changes as long as we win. But there's no way anyone outside of Denver would look at him and think he's playing solid right now.

  7. #2902
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,443
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    So the defense has allowed 6 points in 120 minutes and Flacco is getting credit for not scoring less than 6. Got it.
    Flacco lead the offense to 16 pts today.
    He touches the ball on every play.

  8. #2903
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    Hmm dont put words in the other side's mouth. No one is saying this, they are simply saying Flacco is not a good QB. Like we can be happy with a win and the way it was executed, but he still looked bad, we can still notice he looked bad, there is nothing wrong with noticing a flaw in a team that just won a game. If our metric for a QB being good is we win a game, then no QB is bad.
    The Titans have a great defense and the broncos won. There are flaws in this team but if have watched all of these games and determined that Flacco is the problem then you aren't watching the games.

  9. #2904
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,570
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Hahahaha!!!!!
    Today was the kind of balance I like a 16 pt win by shutout
    You're dodging the point. We weren't talking about today. We were talking about the Bears and Jags games.

  10. #2905
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I'm happy Flacco is the starting QB. He's good at playing the position. It's been awhile that we've had that in Denver.
    Hasn't been all that long since we've had QB pkay better than this. He's among the bottom 10 in passer rating, on pace to commit 24 total ints/fumbles as well as throw 3 less TDs than Keenum did last year at season's end. All while leading an offense that is performing worse than it did with Keenum, on pace to win the same amount of games- 5. He's playing the position worse than Keenum and close to Siemien.

    Again, he has our offense performing worse than it did with Keenum and he is also individually playing worse than Keenum by way of TDs and turnovers.

  11. #2906
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,252
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I think there's a middle ground here where we can acknowledge the deficiencies of the offense and that a lot of this has to fall on the quarterback, while also being happy with the win and understanding that as long as we continue to win, Flacco will be the starting quarterback.
    I think your point about the middle ground is excellent. Earlier I posted the stats from Flacco and Rodgers over the first five games. The point wasn’t to say Flacco is as good as Rodgers. The Packers were 4-1 vs Broncos 1-4, not because Rodgers has played great but because the Packers played better in all three phases. The win was great today. It’s not sustainable to shut out teams. If that happened routinely we could put just about any QB out there. I haven’t watched the tape to break down every play by Flacco, but he left some plays on the field today. The 3rd down incomplete throw to Sutton for the 1st down was poor. The line gave him enough time and Flacco simply missed. You need a quarterback who can make that throw late in a game to keep possession. It wasn’t all on Flacco however he was fortunate to have the defense shut down the Titans, otherwise we’re 1-5. If Vrabel would have benched Mariota sooner I think the Titans would have been in the game.

  12. #2907
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    Your eye test is telling you that?? ok then... not much can say to that
    Yep, Flacco is playing good football.

  13. #2908
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Hasn't been all that long since we've had QB pkay better than this. He's among the bottom 10 in passer rating, on pace to commit 24 total ints/fumbles as well as throw 3 less TDs than Keenum did last year at season's end. All while leading an offense that is performing worse than it did with Keenum, on pace to win the same amount of games- 5. He's playing the position worse than Keenum and close to Siemien.

    Again, he has our offense performing worse than it did with Keenum and he is also individually playing worse than Keenum by way of TDs and turnovers.
    You love stats. Do you watch the games?

  14. #2909
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,443
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    You're dodging the point. We weren't talking about today. We were talking about the Bears and Jags games.
    If my teams qb puts us ahead Late in the 4th qrt i want our defense to secure the win.
    Flacco was clutch vs the bears and jags on go ahead drives , and the defense was not clutch.

  15. #2910
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Flacco lead the offense to 16 pts today.
    He touches the ball on every play.
    Thank you! 16 points is awful. That's bottom 5 offense in the league awful. That's also right around our season average, so what else does that tell ya?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •