Page 149 of 234 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 3504

Thread: Flacco

  1. #2221
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    2,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Not having a good selection of veterans isn’t a good reason to draft an average/less than average veteran. Draft your guy and deal with the ups and downs with a young quarterback. It wouldn’t be any worse than what we have now.
    Exactly right

  2. #2222
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,474
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Exactly right
    I meant to say trade not draft a veteran LOL.

  3. #2223
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Not having a good selection of veterans isn’t a good reason to sign an average/less than average veteran. Draft your guy and deal with the ups and downs with a young quarterback. It wouldn’t be any worse than what we have now.
    They’ve never done that though. They are always in ‘ win now’ mode. It’s flawed thinking, but it’s how they’ve done things for a long time. I feel in order to do a proper rebuild, Elway has to go. He is being true to Bowlen by not tanking, even if it’s warranted.

  4. #2224
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,943
    Flacco is making mistakes I would expect from a rookie - turnovers, delay of game in a crucial spot, not snapping the ball quickly on 3rd and 5 when a defensive lineman is trying to run off the field. "Average" joe is a veteran, its about time he plays like one.

  5. #2225
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    They’ve never done that though. They are always in ‘ win now’ mode. It’s flawed thinking, but it’s how they’ve done things for a long time. I feel in order to do a proper rebuild, Elway has to go. He is being true to Bowlen by not tanking, even if it’s warranted.
    I agree and see your point about they way they’ve done things. If Elway sticks with the veteran philosophy at QB, it’s not too early to for him to think about trading for Andy Dalton.

  6. #2226
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,474
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    Flacco is making mistakes I would expect from a rookie - turnovers, delay of game in a crucial spot, not snapping the ball quickly on 3rd and 5 when a defensive lineman is trying to run off the field. "Average" joe is a veteran, its about time he plays like one.
    He’s played like this for a while now. He’s not going to improve because he’s with the Broncos.

  7. #2227
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,470
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    Flacco is making mistakes I would expect from a rookie - turnovers, delay of game in a crucial spot, not snapping the ball quickly on 3rd and 5 when a defensive lineman is trying to run off the field. "Average" joe is a veteran, its about time he plays like one.
    The checkdown-filled two minute drill and sack to kill it were also great

  8. #2228
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,926
    Man at this point the bye week can't get here fast enough. That way we can just bench Flacco and get on with the future


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  9. #2229
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,474
    Watching the film on Flacco - someone said earlier the INT was caused by the rain. There wasn’t a receiver within 10 yards of where he threw the ball. He threw to the spot with two Packers there. Just a horrible decision with nobody there other than defenders.

    Flacco is a major part of the problem. Interception on the goal line last Sunday and a pick in this game.

  10. #2230
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Watching the film on Flacco - someone said earlier the INT was caused by the rain. There wasn’t a receiver within 10 yards of where he threw the ball. He threw to the spot with two Packers there. Just a horrible decision with nobody there other than defenders.

    Flacco is a major part of the problem. Interception on the goal line last Sunday and a pick in this game.
    If it wasnt the rain, it was probably the wind. And the refs probably missed a defensive holding call.

  11. #2231
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,470
    The only QB in the league to start all three games and throw less than 3 TDs despite having the 7th most passing attempts in the league.

    Drew Lock starts throwing this week. Get ready kid, your time comes soon.

  12. #2232
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,295
    We still have to wait until Lock comes off IR. Maybe he turns out to be a miracle savior. The likelihood is low, but maybe. I like Lock and all. I have hope for Lock, but he’s still a raw rookie on IR.

  13. #2233
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    726
    This definitely was Flacco's worst performance as a Bronco. Turnovers Sunday were awful for Denver. Flacco's interception, those happen sometimes, and the fumble was blocking issues.

    The guy still isn't getting legitimate time to complete passes of 3rd and more than 7 yards. I am all for seeing a healthy Lock get reps. My biggest concern is time to get rid of the football. Yes, Lock is more mobile. There is a learning curve to decision making in the NFL. If he legitimately has no time to throw the ball he can't make good decisions.

  14. #2234
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,563
    Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    This definitely was Flacco's worst performance as a Bronco. Turnovers Sunday were awful for Denver. Flacco's interception, those happen sometimes, and the fumble was blocking issues.

    The guy still isn't getting legitimate time to complete passes of 3rd and more than 7 yards. I am all for seeing a healthy Lock get reps. My biggest concern is time to get rid of the football. Yes, Lock is more mobile. There is a learning curve to decision making in the NFL. If he legitimately has no time to throw the ball he can't make good decisions.
    kid is far from ready, I wouldn't mind seeing him get a couple of late season starts but he is learning this offense still, anybody wanting him out there now is setting that kid up for failure.
    Broncos Sweep Bolts!!!!!!!!

  15. #2235
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    16,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Watching the film on Flacco - someone said earlier the INT was caused by the rain. There wasn’t a receiver within 10 yards of where he threw the ball. He threw to the spot with two Packers there. Just a horrible decision with nobody there other than defenders.

    Flacco is a major part of the problem. Interception on the goal line last Sunday and a pick in this game.
    at least pretend to be objective...watch the highlight of the int, on nfl.com

    you can clearly see the ball slips out as he is throwing it...a wet ball

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •