Page 118 of 232 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 3478

Thread: Flacco

  1. #1756
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    There isn’t a way for a GM/Front Office to absolutely know. That would be like eyeing six blackjack tables and thinking you know which one to pick. The team has to pick the guy they believe in, focus on development and build the talent around him.
    Yep. I call it committing to the rebuild. I've been calling for it since Paxton was drafted. Play the kid, figure out what you have, and move on to the next if he's no good. Yeah, you might have some 5-11 type years while you search and develop, but we're getting that anyway with "proven vets" like Keenum and Flacco.

  2. #1757
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,251
    Its been 1 year with Keenum, that didn't work. 1 year with Trevor that didn't work. (That's 2 years) Now year 3 we drafted a young QB and are going to develop him, and start a Vet until he is ready to start.
    So Elway is doing Exactly What is expected from him.
    We will see if it pans out?

  3. #1758
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Its been 1 year with Keenum, that didn't work. 1 year with Trevor that didn't work. (That's 2 years) Now year 3 we drafted a young QB and are going to develop him, and start a Vet until he is ready to start.
    So Elway is doing Exactly What is expected from him.
    We will see if it pans out?
    At some point you have to get the young QB in for more than one season. If Lock doesn’t look good his first year starting then what? Draft a new QB and get a declining Stafford to be a bridge for the new QB? I’m starting to believe bridge QBs do more harm than good

    At least by giving the young QB more time to develop you can free up money for other areas of need. If we didn’t have Flacco right now we could have an impact player at ILB or another CB opposite of Harris

  4. #1759
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I completely agree. Trying to scrape together 7 or so wins with QBs like Keenum and Flacco just does not interest me. I'd rather win a little less while spending the time developing young talent and figuring out what we have in Lock or young QB X.
    I think the idea of bringing in Flacco made sense if it wasn't him it just would have been someone else. Keenum, Fitzmagic, Tannehill, or Flacco you can get into hour long debates of whom is better at the end of day none of that matters. What matters is who is behind him and whether you can get that qb ready for midseason or next year like the Ravens did with Lamar and the Chiefs did with Mahomes.

    Do we know if Lock is that guy? Or is he another Lynch? That is a the question I do think the Broncos resigning Flacco making it likely he plays at least two full seasons as the starter is a bad sign. if the FO was super high on Lock they would be planning on him playing shortly after he comes back after 8 weeks. Not having him sit out likely two seasons.

    If you want to look at where the failure lies with the club it's there because in this league if you don't have a true franchise qb you don't have a QB. You are just at best spinning your wheels

  5. #1760
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    8,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I like the idea of bringing in veteran QB's.
    Like Flacco, Keenum etc. 26 to 30 years old is good, (not really a 34 year old though)

    I am knot completely onboard with the idea of developing a young QB, UNLESS, it's a blue chip coming out of college that we know is absolutely going to be the next guy. We haven't had the greatest of luck developing QB's?
    I don't really care who's the QB, as long as they can move the chains, get first downs, score some points, and do their job Effectively.
    Except no team would ever like a franchise QB go who is that age in their prime. We’re not getting a 28 year old elite QB, it’s just not going to happen. If we want a franchise QB we’re going to have to develop one.

    If we don’t commit to a young QB at some point, we’re going to be stuck in an endless cycle of Keenum’s and Flacco’s

  6. #1761
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    8,464
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaccoTruther View Post
    Do we know if Lock is that guy? Or is he another Lynch? That is a the question I do think the Broncos resigning Flacco making it likely he plays at least two full seasons as the starter is a bad sign. if the FO was super high on Lock they would be planning on him playing shortly after he comes back after 8 weeks. Not having him sit out likely two seasons.

    I don’t think it has anything to do with Lock, it’s just what this team does, Elway refuses to rebuild and tries to compete ever year. That mentality worked with Manning, but has burned us the last few years.

    They overpay veterans and never try to clear cap space, which means they have to rework contracts like Flacco’s just to stay afloat. Because we HAVE to compete, they just push the problems to next year.

    We have so many bad contracts right now, Flacco, Keenum (dead cap), James, Leary, Wolfe.... none of these guys belong a team that’s going to be lucky to win 7 games this year.

  7. #1762
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    That's the hard part.

    That's why, maybe, if possible, you go after a Kirk Cousins type QB, When or if they become available?

    (IMO)
    The Broncos wouldn’t have the cap space with the way Elway wastes money on bad free agents. Or the way he wastes money on mediocre guys like Jeff Heuerman. Besides I’m not convinced Cousins is much better than Flacco or Keenum.

  8. #1763
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,251
    There is obviously different philosophies for running an organization. Right now John Elway is running the organization and he's calling the shots. I hope it all works out.

  9. #1764
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,245
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaccoTruther View Post
    I think the idea of bringing in Flacco made sense if it wasn't him it just would have been someone else. Keenum, Fitzmagic, Tannehill, or Flacco you can get into hour long debates of whom is better at the end of day none of that matters. What matters is who is behind him and whether you can get that qb ready for midseason or next year like the Ravens did with Lamar and the Chiefs did with Mahomes.

    Do we know if Lock is that guy? Or is he another Lynch? That is a the question I do think the Broncos resigning Flacco making it likely he plays at least two full seasons as the starter is a bad sign. if the FO was super high on Lock they would be planning on him playing shortly after he comes back after 8 weeks. Not having him sit out likely two seasons.

    If you want to look at where the failure lies with the club it's there because in this league if you don't have a true franchise qb you don't have a QB. You are just at best spinning your wheels
    When was Flacco re-signed?

    You do make a good point though about if not Flacco them whom. The team has tried to address the future QB position even while Manning was here, unfortunately all of those choices turned out to be duds and that will be a stain on Elway tenure here regardless of future outcomes - wasted years.

    The Flacco signing looks like it might be a turning point. Maybe. Possibly. We'll see. His original contract let the Broncos move on with no cap penalties, that has since changed with Flacco and the team agreeing to restructure his contract. Regardless, everything up and until Lock's injury looked as if they were going to work on getting Lock in the driver seat incrementally.

    Flacco's restructure also makes me question what the FO's big picture looks like. There were salary needs going in to the season, but freeing up something like $11 million (I'm fuzzy on the actual number) makes me wonder if they aren't shopping for some spare parts somewhere.

  10. #1765
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    There is obviously different philosophies for running an organization. Right now John Elway is running the organization and he's calling the shots. I hope it all works out.
    Our fanbase is blessed with a lot of psychic, armchair GM's who know exactly what to do and can predict the future as well! Thank God for their valuable input, it really helps!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  11. #1766
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,251
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Our fanbase is blessed with a lot of psychic, armchair GM's who know exactly what to do and can predict the future as well! Thank God for their valuable input, it really helps!
    We are very fortunate!


  12. #1767
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,245
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Our fanbase is blessed with a lot of psychic, armchair GM's who know exactly what to do and can predict the future as well! Thank God for their valuable input, it really helps!

  13. #1768
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Our fanbase is blessed with a lot of psychic, armchair GM's who know exactly what to do and can predict the future as well! Thank God for their valuable input, it really helps!
    LOL... they should apply..... Oh, wait....NOT!

  14. #1769
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,272
    Its become obvious that Elway will become a point of contention on this board. The more we lose the stronger the opposition towards him will be, but similarly Elway fans will double down and support him even harder regardless. The fact of the matter is he is the GM, in charge of personnel and overall team success. We are not successful, and staring at possibly a 4th year of missing playoffs and a third losing season. Our identity has changed from a SB winner, all the way down to a bottom dweller that is trending to 3rd or 4th in the division. The contracts being made are not being made with any foresight but this year, and each year of doing this puts us deeper into cap debt.

  15. #1770
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,212
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Its become obvious that Elway will become a point of contention on this board. The more we lose the stronger the opposition towards him will be, but similarly Elway fans will double down and support him even harder regardless. The fact of the matter is he is the GM, in charge of personnel and overall team success. We are not successful, and staring at possibly a 4th year of missing playoffs and a third losing season. Our identity has changed from a SB winner, all the way down to a bottom dweller that is trending to 3rd or 4th in the division. The contracts being made are not being made with any foresight but this year, and each year of doing this puts us deeper into cap debt.
    I believe opposition to Elway is growing and fewer fans strongly support him, at least from comments on the board. If the Broncos play competitively and have a few more wins I think a majority of the fan base will continue supporting him. If the season resembles anything like the last two, Elway should consider stepping away. Maybe not completely rather a position where he continues as the face of the franchise with less direct involvement.

    In the short term I hope Flacco can help get a win this Sunday. If some fans overreacted after losing to the Raider, I can only imagine how bad it will be to drop the home opener.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •