Page 209 of 232 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 219 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3478

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Same here. I had The Herd on today as I have this week off - heading to Denver tomorrow for the game. I donít watch the sports shows because Iím usually out working. Colin said the Broncos-Titans game was boring. Sure it was on offense, but the defense was amazing. Interceptions, sacks, pressures and getting after another team was entertaining IMO. I think the frustrating aspect of the offense is thinking it will click consistently, only to see it struggle like yesterday. Maybe weíll see it get better as the season goes along but thatís what most have though over the last few seasons. The Chiefs defense is suspect at best. If we pound the ball and wear them down it should open some things up. The Chiefs are beatable, although it will be tough.
    Colin picked the Titans to win Friday lol!!

He said the titans play great d and run the ball and their would be bad weather?
    I guess he didnít do any research, lazy.
    Game was 70 degrees with 5 to 10 mph wind

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Colin picked the Titans to win Friday lol!!

He said the titans play great d and run the ball and their would be bad weather?
    I guess he didnít do any research, lazy.
    Game was 70 degrees with 5 to 10 mph wind
    He makes good money for being lazy. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    Well then they should have no problem against the Chiefsí defense right?
    Every game is different and I would expect the Chiefs defense will play hard in a division rivalry. The key will be running the ball and time of possession. The Colts and Texans kept Mahomes off the field - Texans offense had ~40 minutes. Iíll be there so if we need to adjust Iíll use hand signals to get Scangarelloís attention.

I wonder if KC's ultra efficient offense contributes to their TOP woes
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Well then they should have no problem against the Chiefsí defense right?
    Some portion of those defenses' stats are due to playing Flacco. Games against bad QBs often inflates your defensive standings, espeically early on in a season.

As for KC, their defense really isn't that bad, as far as QB play goes.

KC is actually allowing a lower average passer rating than all of our opponents so far except Green Bay.

KC is top 10 in Passer rating defensed as well as YPA allowed from QBs. They are also top 10 in interceptions, averaging one pick a game. It also doesn't help that every single QB they've played is better than Flacco, individually. Stafford, Watson, Carr, Brissett, Jackson, and Minshew. All of those are in the top half of the league in passer rating, two are top 10, and only one has a losing record.

Plus, their TOP with a lead would typically lend itself to higher passing numbers against as teams pass to catch up. However their pass defense still maintains decency.

Chargers, Raiders, and Jax are all bottom 11 in the league with the two California teams allowing an average passer rating over 103. Chargers also allowing a league high 73% completion against their defense. Oakland among the league's worst averaging over 2 passing TDs a game against them.

We've played maybe one really good pass defense in Green bay, the rest have been middle of the pack to downright terrible. KC is in the middle of the pack to good territory.

Our opponents average a passer rating against of 92.6, which is one of the easiest passing defense schedules in the league. Flacco is failing to meet even that, averaging a passer rating above expected of -5.2. Meaning we can expect one of his worst games so far this year, if everything continues as it has. Any given Sunday and all that, but based on what we know, Flacco should continue his struggles on Thursday.
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 10-15-2019 at 05:33 AM.

I don't really feel good about anything about this game. I hope our defense can play as good as they have been playing. And let's see if Flacco can have a Breakout game for once. Other than that, I don't feel good about things on Thursday. You never know, I hope I'm wrong and I hope we can get a big win.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post

Our opponents average a passer rating against of 92.6, which is one of the easiest passing defense schedules in the league. Flacco is failing to meet even that, averaging a passer rating above expected of -5.2. Meaning we can expect one of his worst games so far this year, if everything continues as it has. Any given Sunday and all that, but based on what we know, Flacco should continue his struggles on Thursday.
    GREAT POST! I only included a brief portion of your response only because I've heard Joe Flacco plays better in big games. I'm skeptical, but nonetheless we will see Thursday.

I am also curious to see how Fangio's defensive scheme fares against Mahomes. Mahomes seems to perform better against zone defenses and Fangio is a zone defensive minded coach, but I'm optimistic he'll change his gameplan.

I predict that if Lindsey has 100+ yards rushing the Denver Broncos will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Thanks. The 2015 Broncos defense allowed 18.5 per game and we were tough to beat. 2019 defense only allowing 17.6 per game - yesterdayís shutout helped the average. If the offense can improve, even marginally we might have a better season than we thought a couple of weeks ago. Weíll see.
    You people seem to forget that you win games by scoring more than the opposing team.
    It is not about averages but about absolutes. The Bears and Jaguars losses were on the defense.
    Defense played badly against the Raiders, but the job of the offense in that game was to take chances and succeed.
    If we cannot stop KC from scoring 30 points, then it is the job of the offense to score more. Our running game is mediocre and cannot be relied on to keep drives going, and our TE's and WRs must be on the same page as Flacco and hold on to the ball.
    Flacco has no Brandon Stockley/Wes Welker guy that is always open and will always hold on to the ball.
    The notion that Lock that looked lost can hit WRs that are not open is just unrealistic.
    It will be interesting to see what happens thursday when the plan is not to play it safe!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    You people seem to forget that you win games by scoring more than the opposing team.
    It is not about averages but about absolutes. The Bears and Jaguars losses were on the defense.
    Defense played badly against the Raiders, but the job of the offense in that game was to take chances and succeed.
    If we cannot stop KC from scoring 30 points, then it is the job of the offense to score more. Our running game is mediocre and cannot be relied on to keep drives going, and our TE's and WRs must be on the same page as Flacco and hold on to the ball.
    Flacco has no Brandon Stockley/Wes Welker guy that is always open and will always hold on to the ball.
    The notion that Lock that looked lost can hit WRs that are not open is just unrealistic.
    It will be interesting to see what happens thursday when the plan is not to play it safe!
    The analysis was for discussion and gave context to how difficult it was to score against those defenses.

CP's to whomever finds animated gifs or video clips of the three first downs Flacco rushed for @GB and @LAC.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I wonder if KC's ultra efficient offense contributes to their TOP woes
    Teams that consistently score quickly or play at a persistent fast pace tend to put their defense in bad positions.

The defense gets worn out and it becomes a problem if they donít score.

I think the Saints have this problem in the years when their running game fails and they end up relying on Brees too much.

However, just like when the Colts has Manning, if youíre going to play keep away with the Chiefs, you better score touchdowns. 15 minutes is all the Chiefs need if youíre not going to score points in bunches.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

You say thereís more to a QB than stats. Fine, what are these intangibles that Iím missing that allow him to transcend his sub-par stats and metrics?
    Wait a minute, I don't understand, how can this be....Joe Flacco is ranked 10th in the league in QBR, just ahead of Tom Brady.
    I am not a stats guy so can you explain how such a bad qb stats wise has this ranking by ESPN. I am perplexed....

A lot of people in this thread are merely finding stats that support their own narrative and won't entertain anything that conflicts with their beliefs.

I think Flacco is capable of having a big game on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    A lot of people in this thread are merely finding stats that support their own narrative and won't entertain anything that conflicts with their beliefs.

I think Flacco is capable of having a big game on Thursday.
    I agree. Thursday is the kinda game where Flacco has to play well. KC is going to sell out against the run and Flacco should get some chances at big plays.

Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    Wait a minute, I don't understand, how can this be....Joe Flacco is ranked 10th in the league in QBR, just ahead of Tom Brady.
    I am not a stats guy so can you explain how such a bad qb stats wise has this ranking by ESPN. I am perplexed....
    QBR is a joke metric. Thatís my explanation.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/11/esp...ck-what-is-qbr