Page 218 of 232 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208 216 217 218 219 220 228 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 3478

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Preseason statistics are worthless. Lock flashed the ability to anticipate targets coming open and get the ball to them before coming out of their break as well as throwing targets open when covered. While he did struggle against pressure, he didnít get worse from game to game dealing with it, he steadily improved, another good trait to look for in a franchise QB.

Lockís real struggles in the preseason were figuring out the offense and not having chemistry with his targets. Weíre now 6 weeks into the season, he definitely has a much better grasp on the offensive scheme now than then. Chemistry will still be lacking but heís probably picked up a few things to look for while watching these games and going over plays on the sideline.

Lock wonít come in and start slinging the ball like Mahomes, hell he may not even be a huge improvement over Flacco in the grand scheme. But heís the guy moving forward and will get every chance to show improvement. Denver isnít drafting a QB next season no matter who is available. Elway has given his high round QBs almost the entire rookie contract. Unless Lock comes out and looks like Lynch for the rest of this season and next I wouldnít expect us to draft another QB until his rookie deal is done.
    All I want is him to be prepared and start when he is ready, not the posters who believe he is ready to start tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The worst thing was restructuring his contract. That was the last straw for Elway as far as I was concerned.
    It was just so utterly shortsighted and irresponsible of him to restructure Flacco that way. You would think that after Keenum he would know to wait and see if Flacco can produce, but he just went ahead and assumed Flacco was going to be the starter for all of 2019 and 2020 and made his contract reflect that way. Elway is done. We can no longer support decisions like this and expect the team to improve.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Preseason statistics are worthless. Lock flashed the ability to anticipate targets coming open and get the ball to them before coming out of their break as well as throwing targets open when covered. While he did struggle against pressure, he didnít get worse from game to game dealing with it, he steadily improved, another good trait to look for in a franchise QB.

Lockís real struggles in the preseason were figuring out the offense and not having chemistry with his targets. Weíre now 6 weeks into the season, he definitely has a much better grasp on the offensive scheme now than then. Chemistry will still be lacking but heís probably picked up a few things to look for while watching these games and going over plays on the sideline.

Lock wonít come in and start slinging the ball like Mahomes, hell he may not even be a huge improvement over Flacco in the grand scheme. But heís the guy moving forward and will get every chance to show improvement. Denver isnít drafting a QB next season no matter who is available. Elway has given his high round QBs almost the entire rookie contract. Unless Lock comes out and looks like Lynch for the rest of this season and next I wouldnít expect us to draft another QB until his rookie deal is done.
    Good points.

The chemistry in preseason is difficult with so many players being evaluated. In some games youíre watching guys signed days earlier. How many receivers and running backs did we see? How many lineman were patched together for those games? Itís part of the process but it makes it difficult to really know what you have with a quarterback. Look at Kyle Allen - if you watch the Panthers vs Bills preseason game he didnít play well. He made a few plays at the end of the game. How many people thought Kyle Allen would possibly end Camís career in Carolina? Preseason isnít enough to make a call about Lock. Heck, if he plays 6-7 games this season it wonít be enough to know.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    It was just so utterly shortsighted and irresponsible of him to restructure Flacco that way. You would think that after Keenum he would know to wait and see if Flacco can produce, but he just went ahead and assumed Flacco was going to be the starter for all of 2019 and 2020 and made his contract reflect that way. Elway is done. We can no longer support decisions like this and expect the team to improve.
    If Flacco is benched, which I believe he will be, I hope he walks. Donít want him on the sidelines in a Broncos uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    All I want is him to be prepared and start when he is ready, not the posters who believe he is ready to start tomorrow.
    I don't think anyone thinks he's ready to start tomorrow. I think most are so sick of Flacco, we just want to see anything else.

Thus the problem with Elway's handling of the QB position. He keeps bringing in veterans expecting them to start for a couple seasons while drafting a project to sit. Except the vet he brings in is always mediocre and the QBs he's drafted need more time to learn the NFL game.

That's why I think we should give Allen or Rypien a chance soon. We're going nowhere fast with Flacco. The fans are desperate to see another QB start. Flacco and Lock aren't our only QBs. The coaching staff should give one of our young QBs a shot while letting Lock sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    I don't think anyone thinks he's ready to start tomorrow, I think most are so sick of Flacco, we just want to see anything else.

Thus the problem with Elway's handling of the QB position. He keeps bringing in veterans expecting them to start for a couple seasons while drafting a project to sit. Except the vet he brings in is always mediocre and the QBs he's drafted need more time to learn the NFL game.

That's why I think we should give Allen or Rypien a chance soon. We're going nowhere fast with Flacco. The game are desperate to see another QB start. Flacco and Lock aren't our only QBs. The coaching staff should give one of our young QBs a shot while letting Lock sit.
    I wouldnít mind seeing Allen start.
    Lock deserves to learn the offense and when he is looking good in practice, letís get a game plan built around him and get the kid a start.
    That doesnít happen over night.

I'd rather lose with Lock as he learns then with Flacco . Sitting him there on the sideline with absolutely zero emotion , not even looking at a tablet to watch a replay really gets under my skin. But heck I guess it's so bad theres no reason to look at it .

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I'd rather lose with Lock as he learns then with Flacco . Sitting him there on the sideline with absolutely zero emotion , not even looking at a tablet to watch a replay really gets under my skin. But heck I guess it's so bad theres no reason to look at it .
    That's how I feel. If Flacco isn't helping us win, he has no business starting. Elway brought him in to keep the team afloat while Lock learned the NFL game. Unfortunately for our offense, it appears Flacco has nothing left in the tank.

If we aren't winning with Flacco, we gotta start getting looks at the younger guys. Start Allen. Start Lock. Start Rypien. At least kick the tires on a future QB. Rolling with the past in Flacco is getting us absolutely nowhere.

The truth always eventually comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaccoTruther View Post
    The truth always eventually comes out.
    The truth has been known for some time now.

Flacco's a bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    The truth has been known for some time now.

Flacco's a bum.
    Try telling people that back in the offseason. Even after you watch 4 years of his games to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Try telling people that back in the offseason. Even after you watch 4 years of his games to support your argument.
    Sure. But through 7 games in Denver, even fans that were hoping for the best have to see the guy is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Yep. I was told why you hating on Joe he isn't the problem it's our defense.

I am hating on him because he sucks and in this league if you don't have a franchise Qb you aren't competitive longterm you may get lucky for a season here or there but you won't have any sustained success. So all of our focus needs to be to find that franchise guy the next Mahomes or Lamar who can turn around this franchise once you have him in pace then you build out from there. Our entire approach has been backwards (no swearing here) we start building out the rest of the roster then find the QB. Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    You opposed Daniel Jones based on one statistic. less than 60% completion rate in college. Others on the board made a case for Jones based on his talent and you were not open to drafting him based on one statistic.

Flacco does equal losses, so we agree there.
    That was your response when I offered the observation: ď Daniel Jones, in just first start, already looks better than this version of Flacco.Ē

You were quick to throw in my face that I wasnít supportive of DJ, even tho I posted plenty of positive things about him....

You wrote I had no right invoking his name, even tho I meant that as a dig to Flacco, not in celebration of his prospect status.

How is Daniel Jones looking now? Perhaps using completion % in a weak ACC is a good indicator about potential NFL struggle.

I mean, if you were quick to declare us anti drafting DJ in top 10 wrong based on 1 game.... well, I can gloat!
    Last edited by fraguela09; 10-21-2019 at 11:22 AM.

How excited do you guys think Giants fans are right now? I bet theyíre enjoying watching their young franchise QB make strides in spite of losing. My best friend is a Giants fan. He spent the first month seething over Eliís ineptitude. Now heís texting me every time DJ throws a completion. Itís a little more fun to watch when thereís some hope for the future. Fans are more accepting of losses when youíre showcasing the future. I sure would like to have some of that here.