Page 103 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3478

Thread: Flacco

The losing mentality is taking hold in Denver. The mindset of some is that you throw the second round rookie in to see what you got, and if the season is lost by doing so, ….so what. Whats one more losing season.
    Think about it.

I feel better about having Joe Flacco then I did about having "Casey Keesum" the one hit wonder last year!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    For starters this is a Joe Flacco thread not a "What should we have done instead" thread. However I do personally believe that Flacco, as pwn has called out will likely end up at or below his overall career averages. When you look at Joe's OVERALL career averages he and Case are darn near identical. So again I do have to say that papa's comparison between the two is quite appropriate. IMO- Joe's best case scenario is that he starts to put up similar numbers to what he did in 2014. Comp. %: 62.1, Yards: 3,986, TDs: 27, INTs: 12, Passer Rating: 91.0.
    This is all back to the fantasy stats, and things that have absolutely nothing to do with winning football games.
    There is a huge reason why Flacco has been a starter in the NFL for 11 seasons and Keenum has not. It does not matter if the team runs for TDs or passes for them. The key job is to win football games and in that metric Flacco is closer to Elway than to Keenum

Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    The losing mentality is taking hold in Denver. The mindset of some is that you throw the second round rookie in to see what you got, and if the season is lost by doing so, Ö.so what. Whats one more losing season.
    Think about it.
    Losing Mentality?

I donít think so. We have 8 AFC titles and 3 SB wins .If anything, I think we are just use to having higher expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I feel better about having Joe Flacco then I did about having "Casey Keesum" the one hit wonder last year!
    I'm with you capt!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Just a quick blurb...it doesn't have to be 110% for or 110% against. In literally 110% of cases, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I'm just going to wait to watch the games before celebrating our Super Bowl win or 0 - 16 season.
    Just a quick blurb....You mean to celebrate our 8-8 season if the truth be known.

John Limburg
    Good to see a Denver fan who took the time to watch all of Joes games last season, however abbreviated that season was.
    I have watched Joe for all of his time in Baltimore. I remember his rookie season. He had a bad habit of bailing out of the pocket, running right, and throwing across his body to some receiver on the left side of the field. Disaster in the making.
    I remember yelling NO JOE NO everytime he rolled right.
    He took the Ravens to the playoffs that year.And the next year, and the next year, and the next year, and the next year.
    I remember everyone outside of Baltimore telling me that the Ravens would never, ever, win a Superbowl with him.
    So the haters and doubters were there all his career. So it was nothing new to hear.
    One correction. Joe can run. Its pretty funny to watch that big guy rolling down the sidelines, but he is deceptionally fast. You will likely see him take off and run a few times this year....anything to get a first down.
    He, as I have said before, can outplay any quarterback in foul weather. One of the reasons they call him January Joe.
    This season will be bumpy, don't give up. They just need some wins to light the fire.

Thread cleaned. No trolling/flaming, please.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    He took the Ravens to the playoffs that year.And the next year, and the next year, and the next year, and the next year.
    What happened after 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    The Broncos won the Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    This is all back to the fantasy stats, and things that have absolutely nothing to do with winning football games.
    There is a huge reason why Flacco has been a starter in the NFL for 11 seasons and Keenum has not. It does not matter if the team runs for TDs or passes for them. The key job is to win football games and in that metric Flacco is closer to Elway than to Keenum
    Yes and no. Every team wants to win, but if you're winning and the QB isn't playing a key role in that with his passing, than you're likely looking for a new QB. If the Broncos go 11-5 this season, but Flacco isn't making a difference by passing the ball than it's likely they move on to Drew Lock or someone else in 2020. they don't need great, middle of the road (3500-4500 passing yards, 25 TDs 10-12 interceptions) likely keeps the job for him in 2020. But anything below average probably means another QB in the carousel.

I'm hopeful for Flacco, and think he's a better QB than what Denver has had at the position since 2016, hopefully he leaves no doubt and has a great year, and the Broncos are in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Torn acl and mcl Nov 2015\
    Wore a forrest gump boot on his leg in 2016 passed for 4300 yds, but no run game.
    2017 got rid of the boot midway thru season, still no run game
    2018 Ravens drafted Lamar Jackson. Joe threw for three tds in first game of season rout of bills, Joe taken out of game in third quarter after Ravens lead by forty three pts.
    Was having a very good year until the injury laid him up for three weeks, was deemed healthy but lost his job, to save Harbaugh from getting fired. Coach figured somebody was going, so adios Joe. adios
    Suggs, adios Weddle, and adios C J Mosley. Adios Ravens defense.
    So what else you want to know?

I donít think people understand just how non-conducive to individual QB success the Baltimore culture is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I donít think people understand just how non-conducive to individual QB success the Baltimore culture is.
    I get what you're saying, they are moving forward with a RB as the starting QB.
    Last edited by JW7; 08-15-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    For starters I don't play fantasy. What I do know is that despite Baltimore having a pretty good defense with Flacco post SB they didn't do particularly well. You will also note that for the items I brought forward I had evidence to support what I said as well as my opinion. I respect that our opinions differ on this topic but I'd love to see some actual evidence that in 2018 Joe Flacco's poor stats were skewed as a result of him NOT passing the ball but rather a more balanced attack being the culprit. Another stat which should also be considered there (for Case as well) is the number of drives where the passing attack failed but rushing worked.

Hanging our hat on a QB who didn't succeed in the passing game on his former team as of late is not a great thing for us. Especially since soo many of these new rules favour the passing game. Yes- Joe has had some success in the NFL. Yes- his best season was in 2014 under Kubiak (similar system to ours now). So Yes- we may even get "slightly above" career avg Joe this season. My point ultimately is that even in 2014 and 2017 (Case's best year vs. Joe's) he and Case were very close.

I also think that his back issues are not being factored in enough. Getting g hot and contorting your body to throw a football 30 yards is NOT great for a back which is one tweak away from a benching...