Page 105 of 217 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3252

Thread: Flacco

The 49ers defense took it to the offense today. The offense didn’t match the intensity according to Scangarello. The drops persisted and most concerning was Flacco’s response. Flacco said he doesn’t believe the drops are an issue. It will be interesting to see how the offense responds tomorrow and Monday night. The offense led by Flacco let the 49ers push them around today. Hopefully they’ll learn from it and step up.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    That is a very creative interpretation of a post that said Flacco played injured w/o a good running game, and that the poster is bitter over the changes to the Ravens.
    It really isn't. Where was all this Flacco praise a year ago? Wearing orange and blue doesn't change my opinion of him when he was playing in Baltimore.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    It really isn't. Where was all this Flacco praise a year ago? Wearing orange and blue doesn't change my opinion of him when he was playing in Baltimore.
    One of the challenges with discussing Flacco (or any player), is that fans are entrenched on one side. That’s not an indictment of anyone here on the board, it’s just reality. In Flacco’s case I can’t recall the loyalists ever acknowledging his role in the poor seasons. Or fans who oppose him acknowledging his strengths. It’s as if he never caused an interception with a bad decision/inaccurate pass. It’s as if he was perfect and any loss was 100% on every other player and the coaching staff. I do believe Joe is a better quarterback than a guy like Keenum. He still has the arm strength to make every throw. He’s not learning how to play quarterback. We’ll see how the season unfolds. At this point I’m more concerned with the talent of the supporting cast.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 08-17-2019 at 05:59 AM.

It seems that some people have a rooting interest in Flacco being bad.

I prefer to hope he’s at least good enough to not screw things up and perhaps make a few big throws while the running game controls the clock and the defense holds down the opponent.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

I am hopeful that Flacco can be a decent QB for us. But if he can't get the the job done, bench him, or cut him, or do whatever is in the best interest of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I am hopeful that Flacco can be a decent QB for us. But if he can't get the the job done, bench him, or cut him, or do whatever is in the best interest of the team.
    I think that's the take that most of us have. If he proves to be awful and we are doing poorly as a team it's time to move on to Lock. Even if he does decent we need to cut hit next season and move on to Lock.

I'm hopeful he can be good and we can become a playoff team. If that's the case, I would prefer we bring him back next year and give Lock another year to grow and learn. That is by far the best case scenario in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    It seems that some people have a rooting interest in Flacco being bad.
    this pretty much sums it all up

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The 49ers defense took it to the offense today. The offense didn’t match the intensity according to Scangarello. The drops persisted and most concerning was Flacco’s response. Flacco said he doesn’t believe the drops are an issue. It will be interesting to see how the offense responds tomorrow and Monday night. The offense led by Flacco let the 49ers push them around today. Hopefully they’ll learn from it and step up.
    And apparently the Broncos offense was much much better today, and were dominant in the red zone period. Do we give credit to Scangrello and Flacco for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    And apparently the Broncos offense was much much better today, and were dominant in the red zone period. Do we give credit to Scangrello and Flacco for that?
    I would guess the O-Line played better.

It's one practice towards the end of camp.. They were off Wednesday and had a half speed walk through type practice on Thursday. I'm not shocked they lacked intensity. I'll be shocked if they lack intensity two days in a row.

But none of it matters, because in the end it's just practice. Sure it's a different team going against you but it doesn't matter. As pointed out last year the Broncos were a much better team than the Bears in practice, didn't seem to matter during the season.
    But none of it matters, right?

They had a better day and that’s good. I said yesterday we needed to see if they would bounce back. They still had some undisciplined tendencies with Langley and Howard being kicked out of practice. Elway praised the left side of the line, Bolles/Risner, which leaves a question about the right side.

If they come out strong on Monday night I think that could be a sign they’re improving. One flat practice followed by a good day would be like a flat Sunday followed by a good one the next week - sounds like an 8-8 caliber team.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 08-17-2019 at 01:21 PM.

As a Ravens fan, one reason why fans who still support Flacco (As long as he’s not playing the Ravens) don’t often put him as having a lot of blame in the offense’s performances is, because there was always a myriad of problems bigger than him. They didn’t just trade Flacco and keep everything else about the offense status quo. They fired the offensive Coordinator. They have drafted nearly as many WRs/TEs in the first three rounds of the past two seasons as they did Flacco’s entire career, leading up to 2018. You don’t do things like that of your QB was the main problem.

It’d have been different if we saw Flacco with Matt Ryan level surrounding talent, only to give Andy Dalton like big game/playoff performances. Not only did we not see that, but we didn’t even see anything close to that.

The offensive investment has been that bad in Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Why exactly would we have a had a discussion about Flacco last year, and with what authority do you claim that people that think highly of our current starting QB have changed their opinion on him?

I think you will find a rather consistent segment of fans that look at a QBs interactions with the other team members, and the ability to win in tight spots, than those who are totally in love with stats that has a very limited effect on win rates. Some fans understand that it is not average stats that count. Some understand that a desperate Hail Mary throw at the end of the game that is intercepted which stops you from winning a game you were loosing, is much less of a problem than an interception at a time you were winning which causes you to loose.

Where was all this Flacco praise a year ago? Wearing orange and blue doesn't change my opinion of him when he was playing in Baltimore.
    Whenever we had to play Flacco, I always saw him as a solid QB who had the chance to get hot and completely torch you. In the playoffs, I saw him as someone way more likely to get hot and torch the competition. I also saw him as someone who was completely unaffected by the mystique of playing against Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger or playing an away game.

He was probably the QB I was most afraid to face in the playoffs.

That's basically how I see him now that he's in orange and blue. He'll usually play pretty solid. Will have a few games where he gets hot. And if we do sneak into the playoffs this year, I think people will be very afraid to play us, even if they have the home field advantage.

You pair that with a strong running game, and an elite defense, and some really good things could happen this year.

Why exactly would we have a had a discussion about Flacco last year, and with what authority do you claim that people that think highly of our current starting QB have changed their opinion on him?

I think you will find a rather consistent segment of fans that look at a QBs interactions with the other team members, and the ability to win in tight spots, than those who are totally in love with stats that has a very limited effect on win rates. Some fans understand that it is not average stats that count. Some understand that a desperate Hail Mary throw at the end of the game that is intercepted which stops you from winning a game you were loosing, is much less of a problem than an interception at a time you were winning which causes you to loose.
    I've never claimed this. Just an observation that ever since he became a Bronco the belief is that he's now underrated and was under supported in his time in Baltimore. Let's not act like we always had this great if respect for him.

I'm not convinced of anything until I see it on the field. Two years ago it was Siemian and Lynch. Then Keenum. Now its Flacco, and with a zero guarantee contract at that. There hasn't been a lot of talent at the QB position, so forgive me if I have a different opinion about the state of affairs at offense than you.

I have no idea about stats, I'm not one to refer to those as my base argument.

Suggest some due diligence before questioning someone without knowing the facts. See the original Joe Flacco thread here:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...629-Joe-Flacco

If you take the time to review all posts from the original thread compared with comments posted here, you will observe opinions did in fact change.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 08-17-2019 at 03:42 PM.