Page 119 of 232 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3478

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    In the short term I hope Flacco can help get a win this Sunday. If some fans overreacted after losing to the Raider, I can only imagine how bad it will be to drop the home opener.
    I think this game has the potential to swing the narrative on Flacco pretty significantly in either direction. If he comes out and looks like a well below average QB for 75% of the game for the second straight week you will see many more fans start to see the light. However, if he comes out and has consistent decent play against a top teir defense he will give his critics something to think about.

If we're down two scores with 4 minutes left 4th quarter and he's sitting at 59% completion and 6.2 YPA going into the final quarter again, then I don't care what kind of garbage time stats he accumulates to make his line look better. You play QB that poorly and it is no wonder that you only score 9 points in the first 58 minutes.

There was such a stark difference in how Flacco played in the first 3 quarters vs the last. But I guess it helps that the raiders starting SS was injured enough to get put on IR after the game, their #1 CB got carted off the field, and they were content sitting back and letting him complete passes in the 4th while the clock drained.

First 3 Quarters

22 attempts
    13 completions
    136 yards
    1 fumble
    59% completion (would have been good for 24th league-wide, about average for him)
    6.2 YPA (26th)
    77 passer rating (23rd)

Final quarter

9 attempts
    8 completions
    131 yards
    1 TD
    89% completion
    14.5 YPA
    155 passer rating

He needs to be capable of something closer to that 4th quarter with having to rely on playing against a prevent defense with a secondary composed of rookies. However, the first 3 quarters is who he is and is exactly how he has looked for the last half decade. Will it continue? Most likely, but we will see. Hopefully the defense rebounds, because we aren't winning with poor QB play alongside poor defensive play.

]

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I think this game has the potential to swing the narrative on Flacco pretty significantly in either direction. If he comes out and looks like a well below average QB for 75% of the game for the second straight week you will see many more fans start to see the light. However, if he comes out and has consistent decent play against a top teir defense he will give his critics something to think about.

If we're down two scores with 4 minutes left 4th quarter and he's sitting at 59% completion and 6.2 YPA going into the final quarter again, then I don't care what kind of garbage time stats he accumulates to make his line look better. You play QB that poorly and it is no wonder that you only score 9 points in the first 58 minutes.

There was such a stark difference in how Flacco played in the first 3 quarters vs the last. But I guess it helps that the raiders starting SS was injured enough to get put on IR after the game, their #1 CB got carted off the field, and they were content sitting back and letting him complete passes in the 4th while the clock drained.

First 3 Quarters

22 attempts
    13 completions
    136 yards
    1 fumble
    59% completion (would have been good for 24th league-wide, about average for him)
    6.2 YPA (26th)
    77 passer rating (23rd)

Final quarter

9 attempts
    8 completions
    131 yards
    1 TD
    89% completion
    14.5 YPA
    155 passer rating

He needs to be capable of something closer to that 4th quarter with having to rely on playing against a prevent defense with a secondary composed of rookies. However, the first 3 quarters is who he is and is exactly how he has looked for the last half decade. Will it continue? Most likely, but we will see. Hopefully the defense rebounds, because we aren't winning with poor QB play alongside poor defensive play.
    No swing here. Flacco is a mediocre QB and always will be.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 09-13-2019 at 09:29 AM.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

It will be great if Flacco can have a couple great games, and settle in as our starter!

I am seeing a great connection growing between Flacco and Sutton. It is a blessing for Courtland to have a Qb like Joe to fit those tight spirals into his sure hands.
    See great things in the future for years to come with the combination of these two ballers.
    Exciting to watch them.
    They have the capability to singlehandedly take over a game.

Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    I am seeing a great connection growing between Flacco and Sutton. It is a blessing for Courtland to have a Qb like Joe to fit those tight spirals into his sure hands.
    See great things in the future for years to come with the combination of these two ballers.
    Exciting to watch them.
    They have the capability to singlehandedly take over a game.
    Flacco throws a tight spiral that's for sure!
    (I think That's why Elway loves him ?) Elway's throws sometimes had a little wobble to them.
    Hopefully they will have many years of success Together as Denver Broncos!!!!

Maybe it’s just me, but I think Flacco played fine. Yes, he’s rarely going to “razzle dazzle” but he’s going to be the best QB we’ve had since Manning.

This team is going to win or lose games through its defense. If the defense can do it’s job, I think we have a competent QB, a potent backfield, dynamic enough wideouts, and hopefully an emerging good TE, and I think we’ll surprise some folks.

We have to expect 3-and-outs. We simply do not have a QB that can make plays out of nothing, but many good teams have pure pocket QBs.

Now, If the defense plays like it did on sunday, we may never win a game this season.

Our coaching staff is comprised of teachers. Let them teach. I see good things ahead. I feel we will be one of those teams that peak at the end of the year. Used to be , we peaked early with Shanahans prescripted plays , but tended to fizzle out toward the end of the year...except of course when we went on that three year run, that was awesome back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutdotnet View Post
    Maybe it’s just me, but I think Flacco played fine. Yes, he’s rarely going to “razzle dazzle” but he’s going to be the best QB we’ve had since Manning.

This team is going to win or lose games through its defense. If the defense can do it’s job, I think we have a competent QB, a potent backfield, dynamic enough wideouts, and hopefully an emerging good TE, and I think we’ll surprise some folks.

We have to expect 3-and-outs. We simply do not have a QB that can make plays out of nothing, but many good teams have pure pocket QBs.

Now, If the defense plays like it did on sunday, we may never win a game this season.
    I agree. I get that people don't like him, but I thought he was one of the very few bright spots on Monday night. He stood tall and stepped up in the pocket, made good anticipation throws and put the ball into some tight windows.

He looked much more competent than any QB Denver has had since 2015. I know it's fun howling at the moon over and over, but instead of continuing to just say he's awful over and over, after 1 game I'd rather look for the positive and cheer for the Broncos to win. Maybe the Broncos end up 5-11 this year, but after 1 game I'm still hoping for 11-5, or better yet 15-1, and since Flacco is the only option for that at this point...or for Denver to even get to .500, I think I'll just hope he continues to show competent NFL QB play, and the rest of the team around him pushes their level of play up. On the list of 50 reasons the Broncos lost on Monday, Flacco wasn't one of them.

Yep. I call it committing to the rebuild. I've been calling for it since Paxton was drafted. Play the kid, figure out what you have, and move on to the next if he's no good. Yeah, you might have some 5-11 type years while you search and develop, but we're getting that anyway with "proven vets" like Keenum and Flacco.

First 3 Quarters

22 attempts
    13 completions
    136 yards
    1 fumble
    6.2 YPA (26th)
    77 passer rating (23rd)

Final quarter

9 attempts
    8 completions
    131 yards
    1 TD
    89% completion
    14.5 YPA
    155 passer rating

For some fans, maybe. You are entrenched with one narrative on Flacco.

I think at some point the Broncos will need to try Lock. The injury set him back and I believe odds are higher he’ll be on IR the entire season.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 09-13-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Do we know why Elway restructured his deal again? Was putting Flacco's contract all the way out to 2022 just to get 13 million in emergency cap space?
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Do we know why Elway restructured his deal again? Was putting Flacco's contract all the way out to 2022 just to get 13 million in emergency cap space?
    Yep they had zero cap room left this year. The 2022 is not real, they added 2 dead years which automatically void to spread out the cap hit, but his total cap commitment remains $18,500,000 the same as it was this year. They've just spread it out differently. If they release him following this year it'll probably be a post June 1 designation which means ultimately the $18.5 will be spread over 3 years instead of 1. And with the ability to carry cap forward it won't hurt as much.

I think it's truly a non-story people are making a big deal about.

The story is about going into 2020 with Joe Flacco and Von Miller’s combined cap number of $49,275,000. Call it $50 million, roughly one fourth of 2020’s projected cap of $200 million. It’s the story of bad contracts and carrying dead money for players no longer on the roster. Think about that, $50 million for an average quarterback and an aging edge rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The story is about going into 2020 with Joe Flacco and Von Miller’s combined cap number of $49,275,000. Call it $50 million, roughly one fourth of 2020’s projected cap of $200 million. It’s the story of bad contracts and carrying dead money for players no longer on the roster. Think about that, $50 million for an average quarterback and an aging edge rusher.
    It's a pretty big assumption to think that they'll go into 2020 with those cap hits and is. Flacco is guaranteed exactly $0 more now than he would have been when he was on the roster on Monday and his salary became guaranteed as a vested veteran. Flacco's cap hit is now just dispersed more so they have some room to actually function this year. And whatever amount of that room they don't use this year they can carry over to mitigate cap hits in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    It's a pretty big assumption to think that they'll go into 2020 with those cap hits and is. Flacco is guaranteed exactly $0 more now than he would have been when he was on the roster on Monday and his salary became guaranteed as a vested veteran. Flacco's cap hit is now just dispersed more so they have some room to actually function this year. And whatever amount of that room they don't use this year they can carry over to mitigate cap hits in 2020.
    Until the Broncos release Flacco, that’s the cap number. Lock’s injury will set back his development and I believe odds are higher he’ll be on IR for the season. That means the odds increase for Flacco staying in 2020. So it’s not a big assumption looking at the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Yep they had zero cap room left this year. The 2022 is not real, they added 2 dead years which automatically void to spread out the cap hit, but his total cap commitment remains $18,500,000 the same as it was this year. They've just spread it out differently. If they release him following this year it'll probably be a post June 1 designation which means ultimately the $18.5 will be spread over 3 years instead of 1. And with the ability to carry cap forward it won't hurt as much.

I think it's truly a non-story people are making a big deal about.
    Thanks for breaking this down. I've seen a lot of people in this thread wonder about the re-structure. I think it's also widely misconstrued in this thread as a long term commitment to Flacco.