Page 125 of 232 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3478

Thread: Flacco

  1. #1861
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    10,270
    I agree that Flacco will be fine if the surrounding parts do what theyíre supposed to do....

    The problem is... with our talent... thatís probably not enough (or should I say asking too much).

    OL canít pass protect. We lack prolific weapons... meh scheming...

  2. #1862
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,522
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    I agree that Flacco will be fine if the surrounding parts do what they’re supposed to do....

    The problem is... with our talent... that’s probably not enough (or should I say asking too much).

    OL can’t pass protect. We lack prolific weapons... meh scheming...
    We were averaging 157 rushing yards at this point last year. We're at 93 this year if you round up. Keenum had more picks than touchdowns.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 09-15-2019 at 09:51 PM.

  3. #1863
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,258
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Same here. He was more than solid today. He did his job. It was Bolles and Leary who were the problem.In fact Stink was pointing out how he was getting the ball out in two seconds. Keenum would have had at least 6 sacks.today. We are a much better team with Flacco playing. The sad fact is that there simply isn't very much talent on this team. Could anyone ever imagine that our Defense would have taken a step back from last season?
    Agreed. I donít think Flacco is a long term answer however, heís shown he can make the plays. He had the INT however that play didnít look like he and Sanders were on the same page - I could be wrong but something didnít look right with the spot for Sanders. Even if that INT was all on Flacco, he made a lot of plays in the game. I think Bolles/Leary had 6 holding penalties.

    On the other side, Wolfe had two holding calls if I recall correctly. There was another killer holding call to give the Bears a new set of downs on the goal line (Parks?).

    Itís almost impossible to overcome that many penalties. I believe a lot of those came from not being talented enough.

  4. #1864
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    9
    What I saw was an offense that has good RBs, good WRs, average TEs, a good QB, and a horrible offensive line. How many times did Flacco get hit as he was releasing the ball? 5?

    Yes, the throw of the INT was high, but the defender was on the exact opposite side of the receiver (I'm drawing a blank on who it was), and very close. How could the defender catch the ball if the receiver didn't have a shot at it? It was not one of Flacco's best throws, but I don't think it should have been intercepted. The receiver didn't even make an attempt to get to the ball.

    I still think this offense has the ability to win games. Despite all the penalties and the INT, they should have had the winning TD with 31 seconds left against a tough Bears defense. They may not be a playoff team, but there's some life there. I'm not writing them off yet.

  5. #1865
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,762
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Same here. He was more than solid today. He did his job. It was Bolles and Leary who were the problem.In fact Stink was pointing out how he was getting the ball out in two seconds. Keenum would have had at least 6 sacks.today. We are a much better team with Flacco playing. The sad fact is that there simply isn't very much talent on this team. Could anyone ever imagine that our Defense would have taken a step back from last season?
    And yet a majority of the surrounding cast is the same as what Keenum had a year ago and the stats the past three years do not support your argument.

    Are we now saying Elway made a coaching staff mistake and we have in fact downgraded our coaching staff?

    Flacco may not be turning the ball over the way Keenum was but in my opinion thatís because he is captain check down almost as bad as Brock was. He doesnít take risks and push the ball downfield. Making it easier for defenses to stop.

    Flacco started the game 12-13 but had less than 100 yards passing, 3 points on the board and a horrid third down conversion rate. Yes a good chunk of that is to blame on the oline. But most of that oline is the same as last years. Fact of the matter is Flacco doesnít scare any defense. And itís showing in the lack of production.

  6. #1866
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,418
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post



    Fact of the matter is Flacco doesnít scare any defense. And itís showing in the lack of production.
    Absolutely. It shows in the way defenses are playing us. They have no respect for the passing game

  7. #1867
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Absolutely. It shows in the way defenses are playing us. They have no respect for the passing game
    Give it up. Flacco looks a hell of a lot better than you hoped for. He is clearly the best QB we've had since Manning and it's not close. Joe Flacco is the least of the Broncos problems.

    The run game is non existent and we have zero sacks. That should be the worry.

  8. #1868
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,969
    I dont know what else you guys expect. I'm not huge on Flacco but he made plays with the game on the line and put us in a position to win the game , both games a matter of fact . Our D crapped the bed and allowed a 4th and 15 . If they force a quick dump off game over .

  9. #1869
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,650
    I feel like Iím watching a different game that a lot of you. Because I think Flacco is not even close to being the problem with our offense. I donít know how we arenít blaming the insane amount of holding calls that is literally killing drives or their inability to run the ball early. Our OC offense is based on being able to run the ball effectively to open the pass. Our OC deserves a lot of the blaming for the game plan. But mostly, Bolles and Leary need to be blamed for their penalties.

    Flacco one int was 100% his fault but redeemed himself on the following drive.

  10. #1870
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Section 120 Row 26
    Posts
    2,921
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Give it up. Flacco looks a hell of a lot better than you hoped for. He is clearly the best QB we've had since Manning and it's not close. Joe Flacco is the least of the Broncos problems.

    The run game is non existent and we have zero sacks. That should be the worry.
    Flacco is supposed to be a game manager, but the running game is not elite so hes forced to throw and throw and throw. This is not the offense for that, and we dont have the line for that either.

  11. #1871
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    713
    I would like to see us specifically target Cortland Sutton more often. This was not on Flacco at all this week. He hung in constantly delivered a lot of catch-able balls and did his best to not take bad sacks. Our o-line shot us in the foot a lot. Sad thing is the Bears have a phenomenal pass rush and several of the penalties had nothing to do with pass rushing. I don't think you can expect Noah Fant to one on one block Mack. You can expect our o-line not to hold on running plays though, especially when they are not even close to the play, Bolles.

  12. #1872
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,651
    Flacco wouldnít have thrown an INT if we just kept pounding Freeman. He wore down the defense and got us down there, give the man what he deserves

  13. #1873
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,843
    Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    I would like to see us specifically target Cortland Sutton more often. This was not on Flacco at all this week. He hung in constantly delivered a lot of catch-able balls and did his best to not take bad sacks. Our o-line shot us in the foot a lot. Sad thing is the Bears have a phenomenal pass rush and several of the penalties had nothing to do with pass rushing. I don't think you can expect Noah Fant to one on one block Mack. You can expect our o-line not to hold on running plays though, especially when they are not even close to the play, Bolles.
    Well the Fant on Mack situation was on Flacco. He audibled to that, and he paid the price for it.

  14. #1874
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,843
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Flacco wouldnít have thrown an INT if we just kept pounding Freeman. He wore down the defense and got us down there, give the man what he deserves
    I agree with this here. Their D was gassed those last few possessions. Pound it with Freeman, or heck have Joe keep it, and fall forward. If we are intent on passing, take advantage of our size. Give Sutton a jump ball. Scheme it so Fant gets matched up with a slot CB.

  15. #1875
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Section 120 Row 26
    Posts
    2,921
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Well the Fant on Mack situation was on Flacco. He audibled to that, and he paid the price for it.
    There were a few times yesterday that I said, "c'mon man" to Flacco. How about the delay of game penalty he took on the 2pt conversion? The INT?

    Yea he had some good moments, but was not great by any stretch of the imagination. Denver fans know what great QB play looks like, this is not it. This is average QB territory all the way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •