Page 137 of 234 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3504

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Leary will likely improve if the Tackle play does. Most of the penetration comes from the outside, but he has had a play or 2 it seemed he was slow to come off the line.
    I don’t recall Leary playing well before the achilles tear. He’s a year older and hasn’t had a lot of reps to get in football condition. Not sure he’ll improve much.

It wouldn’t take much more improvement to help Flacco. We just cannot expect him to makeup for Bolles and to a lesser degree. Leary.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 09-18-2019 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    You guys are overlooking the fact that Flacco should of had 2 tds against the Raiders. One perfectly placed pass to Hamilton. In which he suddenly had Roberto Duran hands and Sanders tripping on the big pass . He could have walked in the endzone . Now the int was a terrible play by Flacco . I dont know why he didnt go left with Sutton who was 1v1. I truly believe if players did what they were supposed to we are 2-0 heading into Lambo. Anyone who thought Flacco would come in here and be flawless are kidding themselves . Hes not stellar but he did put us in the position to win both games .
    I agree, but in the long run, players will drop balls. We can not pick and choose what stays and what goes.

But just the same, I do not want to use 2 games of low scoring as a definitive measurement of what we are. But sadly, a third game in a row with such deficiencies could rule out a realistic playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I agree, but in the long run, players will drop balls. We can not pick and choose what stays and what goes.

But just the same, I do not want to use 2 games of low scoring as a definitive measurement of what we are. But sadly, a third game in a row with such deficiencies could rule out a realistic playoff run.
    Only 3% of teams starting 0-3 make the playoffs. I had the Broncos at 9-7 and was being a bit optimistic given the new coaching staff and the talent on this roster.

I haven’t given up on the season, but the season is on the line this Sunday (statistically speaking to make the playoffs).

With all the penalties and poor officiating the Broncos almost won last Sunday. Near wins don’t count however if they can cleanup some mistakes they might steal a road win.

I thought for the most part Wilkinson held up well against Leonard Floyd, who is a strong rusher. It is pretty revealing that the Bears didn't put Mack against Wilkinson, our backup RT, over our starting LT. The Bears knew who the weakest OT was on our team. My patience is done with Bolles. He needs to be benched instead of being coddled by Fangio.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Only 3% of teams starting 0-3 make the playoffs. I had the Broncos at 9-7 and was being a bit optimistic given the new coaching staff and the talent on this roster.

I haven’t given up on the season, but the season is on the line this Sunday (statistically speaking to make the playoffs).

With all the penalties and poor officiating the Broncos almost won last Sunday. Near wins don’t count however if they can cleanup some mistakes they might steal a road win.
    I'm with ya on the 0 and 3 dilemma. I did not look up the specifics, but I am not surprised that the chances are typically 3%, which even sounds a bit worse to say that 97% of 0 and 3 teams don't make it.

And lets be true to ourselves, KC is very likely going to win the division, so wild card is what we are probably in the hunt for. Not that it isn't a positive outcome, because it would be. But my gut tells me that this is the game to make a statement, against GB. If we lose it's not a lost season by any means, but this early in the year you do not want to be in a state of concern.

It is time for our D to remind folks of who they are. What they're identity must be, at least from the two pressure points from the outside. Because I do not believe The Packers' D is going to be easy to play against. They are better this year.

Yes, though it is often said, this is a huge game!

Yes but if not for those poorly timed drops we wouldn't be talking about losing our first 2 games. Honestly, red zone efficiency is where having a good O line is more important. Defenses get more aggresive and it becomes harder and harder to run the ball or stop a blitz without a solid front. Flacco was successful at getting to the redzone several times but settling for a field goal has become a thing. If Flacco had more run help and did not consistently march up the field, we could put the blame on him. Many of his completions have been performed while he was being hit.

The one thing he has not done is use his legs. He is coming off injury and is more of a pocket passer but with the line the way it is he often does not have time to wait for receivers to break free

I'm with ya on the 0 and 3 dilemma. I did not look up the specifics, but I am not surprised that the chances are typically 3%, which even sounds a bit worse to say that 97% of 0 and 3 teams don't make it.

And lets be true to ourselves, KC is very likely going to win the division, so wild card is what we are probably in the hunt for. Not that it isn't a positive outcome, because it would be. But my gut tells me that this is the game to make a statement, against GB. If we lose it's not a lost season by any means, but this early in the year you do not want to be in a state of concern.

It is time for our D to remind folks of who they are. What they're identity must be, at least from the two pressure points from the outside. Because I do not believe The Packers' D is going to be easy to play against. They are better this year.

Yes, though it is often said, this is a huge game!
    The offense just needs to find a way to capitalize on the red zone trips (easier said than done). If they clean up the penalties they’ll sustain more drives and keep the defense fresh. Fangio needs to rattle Rodgers early.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The offense just needs to find a way to capitalize on the red zone trips (easier said than done). If they clean up the penalties they’ll sustain more drives and keep the defense fresh. Fangio needs to rattle Rodgers early.
    3rd worst red zone offensive efficiency in the league, I'd say you're right. It doesn't help that our defensive red zone efficiency is also bottom 5 league wide.

Now I am concerned, I was optimistic about our season. I hope we can somehow win this weekend, 0-3 would be demoralizing, but getting Blown out would be devastating.
    Joe Flacco was brought in to win these kind of games, we will see if he still can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Now I am concerned, I was optimistic about our season. I hope we can somehow win this weekend, 0-3 would be demoralizing, but getting Blown out would be devastating.
    Joe Flacco was brought in to win these kind of games, we will see if he still can do it.
    Spoiler alert he can't. He couldn't even beat an unimpressive Raiders and Bears what makes you think he can beat GB? We can't score.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaccoTruther View Post
    Spoiler alert he can't. He couldn't even beat an unimpressive Raiders and Bears what makes you think he can beat GB? We can't score.
    We'll see what happens, they still have to play the game.
    (Any Givin' Sunday)

I'm really beginning to wonder how much of our problem is the line more then the QB. Think about it. We'e been through, what now, 5 QBs since Peyton retired? Siemian, Lynch, Osweiler, Keenum and Flacco. None of them have had the time to even consider where to throw. As soon as they hike the ball, the DL is already in the backfield. I have hope that Munchak will be able to fix it, but I don't think its going to be something you fix in 8 games, let alone 2. Let's hope for a miracle and we somehow beat Green Bay, although I see no chance of that happening.

2019 Adopt-A-Bronco -- Philip Lindsay -- The Tasmanian Devil
    Let's Go Broncos, Pirates, Penguins, Penn State & Tony Stewart!
    US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

Quote Originally Posted by taz1458 View Post
    I'm really beginning to wonder how much of our problem is the line more then the QB. Think about it. We'e been through, what now, 5 QBs since Peyton retired? Siemian, Lynch, Osweiler, Keenum and Flacco. None of them have had the time to even consider where to throw. As soon as they hike the ball, the DL is already in the backfield. I have hope that Munchak will be able to fix it, but I don't think its going to be something you fix in 8 games, let alone 2. Let's hope for a miracle and we somehow beat Green Bay, although I see no chance of that happening.
    Theres been a few of us that have been saying that for years. Even when Peyton was here it was an issue. Not drafting well and growing that talent while overpaying certain vets compounds that problem

Quote Originally Posted by taz1458 View Post
    I mean the players you listed are not good quarterbacks it's not we had Drew Brees then let him go like the chargers did and he took off. Did you watch Siemian? He was god awful as did Osweiler. Lynch is a bum.

We are sort of where the Browns were a couple years ago but instead of missing out on picks we aren't even giving ourselves a shot by bringing in guys who have no business starting games in this league. I hope Lock is our franchise guy but honestly I don't care how many young QB's we have to go through in the meantime anything is better then watching washed up vets or mediocre QB's and having to pretend as a fan we can win with them. At least give the fans some hope for the future and yes this team has other problems but we should all be able to recognize poor qb play when we see it.

I see enough NFL games to know when a QB is playing well inspite of what is around him and when he is part of the problem or at the very least not part of the solution

Quote Originally Posted by FlaccoTruther View Post
    I mean the players you listed are not good quarterbacks it's not we had Drew Brees then let him go like the chargers did and he took off. Did you watch Siemian? He was god awful as did Osweiler. Lynch is a bum.

We are sort of where the Browns were a couple years ago but instead of missing out on picks we aren't even giving ourselves a shot by bringing in guys who have no business starting games in this league. I hope Lock is our franchise guy but honestly I don't care how many young QB's we have to go through in the meantime anything is better then watching washed up vets or mediocre QB's and having to pretend as a fan we can win with them. At least give the fans some hope for the future and yes this team has other problems but we should all be able to recognize poor qb play when we see it.

I see enough NFL games to know when a QB is playing well inspite of what is around him and when he is part of the problem or at the very least not part of the solution
    You know, you would have a lot more creditability if you had chose a different screen name. lol.
    As to the last game, it was a great one by any standards. It had great defensive play on both sides of the ball. It had the Thrill of Victory and the agony of defeat.
    It was the best game of the week, viewing wise.
    How can you not love Flacco after seeing the Phoenix rise from the ashes?
    Offense is improving each week.
    Expecting Flacco to put two touchdowns on the Packers in first quarter.
    Everyone who watchs the games sees the improvements. All one has to do is open their eyes.