Page 153 of 234 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3504

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Look at the upside - if Lock isn’t ready to replace Flacco it’s not too early for Elway to work a trade for Andy Dalton.
    It’d probably be Cam Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    I don’t know, Dalton is only 31, Elway is just biting his time, waiting for him to turn 35, then he’ll attack!

We can get Eli Manning or a one legged Alex Smith in the meantime
    Get the QB by committee going and we’ll be fine. Find the version of “Slash” and we’ll be set. I digress.....

[
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    In all seriousness not sure how much longer Cam will last. He’s been pummeled, much of it with his style.

I would much prefer seeing what we have in Lock or looking for the next young talented QB. Maybe by the time we sort things out Andrew Luck will have a change of heart for football.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 09-23-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Flacco will be here through next season, his contract was restructured. I believe he will be here until Lock takes the job.
    Team needs to do the following before lock can take the reigns:
    - offense figure out identity
    - offensive line solidified, probably add FA and another draft pick next year.
    - Fant and Sutton development improves
    - Lock get healthy and comfortable running this offense
    Broncos Sweep Bolts!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Flacco will be here through next season, his contract was restructured. I believe he will be here until Lock takes the job.
    I'm bolding the section I want to focus on...

Yes, the Broncos restructured Flacco's deal that leaves us on the hook for some of his contract should we release him. But that does not guarantee he'll be here next season. The Broncos actually have a lot of cap room for next year, so they can absorb that dead money a lot better than they would have been able to this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Absolutely! And the way things are going, he'll spend most of it on IR......

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    How many quarterbacks are ruined by being thrown onto the field their rookie year? There is no way of answering that question because a lot of QBs don't have the liberty to sit and learn. It's very rare for a highly drafted QB to not take over the reigns in their first season. The ones that do sit seem to have a higher success rate though (Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, even Cousins).
    Lets just get the perspectives right shall we?

Mahomes came into a team that had won the last two division titles.
    ARod a team that had just won the division

We are in a situation where our last 5 QBs have been thrown around like rag dolls, big plays are called back because of holding and our receivers are rarely free. Our rushing attack that we are fond off goes missing for weeks

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    Lets just get the perspectives right shall we?

Mahomes came into a team that had won the last two division titles.
    ARod a team that had just won the division

We are in a situation where our last 5 QBs have been thrown around like rag dolls, big plays are called back because of holding and our receivers are rarely free. Our rushing attack that we are fond off goes missing for weeks
    Mahomes is also in a situation where he lost his top WR and RB (last year) yet is still balling. The QB makes the OL and WR not the other way around.

Brady has been playing behind crap lines for years yet somehow he keeps winning SB. This line is better then Flacco makes it look

Quote Originally Posted by FlaccoTruther View Post
    Mahomes is also in a situation where he lost his top WR and RB (last year) yet is still balling. The QB makes the OL and WR not the other way around.

Brady has been playing behind crap lines for years yet somehow he keeps winning SB. This line is better then Flacco makes it look
    Russell Wilson also played behind a poor line for several years and the Seahawks were competitive. Their defense also lost some key players. We didn’t hear Wilson saying he needed the defense to inspire him to play.

I can only hope that Joe Flacco RETIRES next year so we can move on from this Disaster just like the Case Train Wreck a QB can make or break you as we can see in Jacksonville they are believing and that is something that is missing here is the Belief and that starts with the QB the Leader Of The Team and right now Denver has no leader. I am also tired of seeing yet another OLD QB 2 Years in a Row that should of just retired or became a Back Up.

Joe Flacco is not going to retire for at least 3 years.

Trying to think outside the box with Joe Flacco restructure. Joe dead cap in 2020 if he’s cut: $13.6m. We saved $15m this year. If we don't use the money saved this year, can't we carry it next year and cancel out his dead cap? Essentially saving $1.4m more

Wouldn't this be out loophole out and officially be able to start rebuilding mode and see what Lock got next year?

Well I still don’t like Flacco but Keenum said “hold my beer” to me claiming all day yesterday that Flacco is worse.

Anybody watching Keenum tonight, wow he’s horrible, Elway can sure pick ‘em.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Anybody watching Keenum tonight, wow he’s horrible, Elway can sure pick ‘em.... lol
    PTSD is kicking in. And Gruden has VJ syndrome by making absolutely no halftime adjustments.