Page 178 of 235 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3524

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    A Flacco lead team can beat any team in the league. That includes the Brady Bunch. He can beat KC in Arrowhead and you can enyoy watching their fans leave the stadium half empty. I have loved watching the steeler fans leaving their stadium, beaten crying in there yellow rags
    I have watched Flacco his entire career, and when the chips are down he is at his best.
    He can score fast, or he can drive the field with ten yard chunks.
    Flacco can string together enough plays in a hurry up offense to make your head spin.
    His team knows he can do these things, so his defenses fight harder to get him the ball again.
    He has won it all, and he looks in top shape bringing this young team to have confidence in itself.
    Not yet up to swagger level, but getting there.
    You are only losing credibility yourself if you are not on the Flacco train.
    All aboard.Toot Toot. The trains leaving.
    Very true he can make a big play when the chips are down. I have found it equally true he can make a big mistake when things are going our way. Two of his biggest issues i have seen is that he holds the ball too long and sometimes makes some of the most boneheaded decisions/throws you have ever seen. These are mistakes a vet should never make, especially in the lead with momentum and in the red zone. As much as he is a seasoned vet, sometimes he plays like a bonehaeded rookie. If he could cut out those mistakes , I would consider him a much better qb. But to me, he is about average, you can count on some good plays and some bad. That said, it is definitely an improvement over last year and I see the O getting better not worse so I am definitely on board. But I dont see this "train" going across the country. If he keeps making mistakes like he is, I see a new engine on the tracks.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 10-10-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I mean the team caused zero turnovers the first four games and gave Flacco zero short fields to work with. The Jags also took up 10 mins of the 3rd quarter on their opening drive after the half. The team was hampered with long fields on Sunday when the punt returner called for two fair catches inside of the five.

Stats are nice but they need to be supported by context as well. Flacco definitely takes some of the blame but I stand by my statement that he has played solid this year.
    Incorrect. Spencerís 60 yard return from -3 setup Flacco at the Packerís 43 yard line on the Broncos first possession. 3 and out.

Some guys support the broncos

Some guys hate bronco players

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Incorrect. Spencerís 60 yard return from -3 setup Flacco at the Packerís 43 yard line on the Broncos first possession. 3 and out.
    Imagine digging so hard that you unearth one possession that occured in the first 4 games that began just 7 yards across midfield.

I was more focused on the lack of turnovers forced in the first for games and that turnovers create short fields and better opportunities to score.

I feel like some people are watching expecting him to do something bad and that's all they care to see. No one here is saying Flacco is a great QB. He has played solid enough this year to win games and the team has been in every game.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Imagine digging so hard that you unearth one possession that occured in the first 4 games that began just 7 yards across midfield.

I was more focused on the lack of turnovers forced in the first for games and that turnovers create short fields and better opportunities to score.

I feel like some people are watching expecting him to do something bad and that's all they care to see. No one here is saying Flacco is a great QB. He has played solid enough this year to win games and the team has been in every game.
    43 yard line is a short field, turnover or not. Thatís a better opportunity to score and you know it is. Playing solid means not throwing an INT on the goal line, or letting the Jags back in the game with an INT before the half (in FG range). The team hasnít been in every game. They came out flat vs Raiders and scored late to make the game look closer than it was. I would agree heís made some plays. There are additional reasons for losing games, itís certainly not all on Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    43 yard line is a short field, turnover or not. Thatís a better opportunity to score and you know it is. Playing solid means not throwing an INT on the goal line, or letting the Jags back in the game with an INT before the half (in FG range). The team hasnít been in every game. They came out flat vs Raiders and scored late to make the game look closer than it was. I would agree heís made some plays. There are additional reasons for losing games, itís certainly not all on Flacco.
    Flacco is the best QB on this roster period, and definitely an upgrade over Keenum who has been benched in D.C.

When the team should arguably be 3-2 if not for some bad calls by the refs, I donít think itís fair to suggest that Flacco isnít playing well enough.

On at least one of those bad calls, it was incumbent upon the defense to not then give up a subsequent 4th and 15 on the drive that led to the game winning field goal.

I donít think rational people expected Flacco to be a world beater. I think they just expected him to play well enough to win games with the support of a running game AND a stellar defense.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post

Oh brother...

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post

What deluded logic is this? I can show support for my team but also not for it's one year rental quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Flacco is the best QB on this roster period, and definitely an upgrade over Keenum who has been benched in D.C.
    Others have already pointed out though, that the bar is set extremely low since the last few years. He is a game manager, but is still turning the ball over at close to a 1:1 ratio. By next year, paying 27 million for that is unacceptable, and we are better off suffering through Lock to find out if he can support the future without the cap hit Flacco has. Flacco isn't the guy now, and we don't have the team to support a mediocre QB. That's the biggest issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    The last time we were 1-4, we made the playoffs. We also made a change at QB that week from a proven, average at best veteran to a raw young player.

Orton was top 10 in passing TDs, 21st in completion %, 28th in passer rating, and the team was averaging 21 points per game through 5 weeks. Our offense was scoring the 18th most points per game and our defense was giving up the 2nd most(28ppg!)

Flacco is 21st in TDs, 13th in completion %, 23rd in passer rating, and we are averaging 18.5 points per game. Our offense is scoring the 27th most points per game and our defense is giving up the 10th fewest(21.2ppg).

Unfortunately we don't have a young QB capable of taking over until November, because if Orton deserved to be pulled- Flacco would as well. With the losses as well as the way he is playing now, should those both continue, Flacco will certainly be bench-worthy when Lock is capable of taking over in a few weeks.
    Last time we were 1-4 the player we had sitting behind our starter for 3 seasons in which we had failure stacked on failure, was the most prolific college QB of all time, a player that had 3 starts the year before and had significantly outplayed our starter, a player who by that time had led the largest Broncos comeback ever in his 2nd start and Orton had been benched in game 5 because he played horrid - not because of stats. Tebow had come in and given us a huge boost to be one play away from winning the Chargers game where we were lost at halftime.

What we have sitting behind Flacco now is a totally unproven player that has had little college success, was outplayed head to head with Paxton Lynch, has not looked good in preseason. Tebow was given the reigns while Elway traded his favourite target BLloyd for peanuts.

The Elway/Fox brain trust clearly did not even attempt to have success in 2011 after they put their eggs in Orton's basket. It was quite clear that Elway did not enjoy the winning under Tebow especially early (Elway seemed to genuinely enjoy the win over the Steelers).

The whole notion that Lock is CAPABLE of taking over against first string defenses is not very likely to be reality.

According to pro-football-reference the defense has had a positive impact in one game this year - incidentally the one we won - so harping on the QB as you have since before he ever took a snap in Broncos uniform, is just bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    You are aware that heís one of the worst QBs in the league in the redzone this season right? I mean thatís almost certainly the #1 reason we are only averaging 18 ppg. The QB is the most important player on a team, so I just canít wrap my head around how anyone can look at Flaccoís stats and our ppg and say, ďHeís been solid.Ē Thatís just crazy to me.
    Yep. He's completing 48% of his red zone pass attempts. His red zone passer rating is also in the pits. He is one of 10 QBs to throw an interception inside the opponents 10 yards line, and one of a very small list of QBs who have lost fumbles and interceptions in the red zone.

All a big reason why our offense is struggling. Well, alongside his inability beyond 5 yards. He's likely the single biggest issue on the team right now. It's easier to make a case that a small improvement at QB play could have us at 5-0, way more so than a small improvement at any other position.

With all the Negativity that some Bronco fans have for Flacco, It's going to be a long year and a half with Flacco starting for the Broncos.
    With implementing a new system, new coaches, and our offensive line taking time to develop properly, I think it would be a disaster to start the rookie right now. We Might as well throw the old vet in there and let him take his lumps, and save Lock from the punishment.
    (Flacco is basically an insurance policy for Lock)

It amazes me that the mass majority think there are stellar QBs out there. The NFL is full of just avg run of the mill QBs. Theres only a small amount that seperate themselves .

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    It amazes me that the mass majority think there are stellar QBs out there. The NFL is full of just avg run of the mill QBs. Theres only a small amount that seperate themselves .
    It amazes me that so many here seem to think Flacco is actually an average starting QB.