Page 184 of 234 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3504

Thread: Flacco

  1. #2746
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    I stand by what I said. Our OL is average. Our QB is below average.
    No, you havenít stood by what you said. You said Flacco holds the ball too long. If you can provide some examples broken down in detail as I have, then you can stand by what you say. That would take real effort, something you havenít done.

  2. #2747
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,890
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    I see many calling for Lock but I am yet to see one thing from the team that leads me to believe he is even in consideration to be the Broncos starting QB.

    The questionable I.R. designation was one of many situations including more recently the Flacco restructure. However, more alarming was the 9 draft day picks that were traded between our picks 20 and 41. Despite having picks 41 and 57 (at that point) we didn't make a move to secure Lock. Seemingly having no fear of these 9 other teams jumping them for Lock. When he was still available after we picked Risner at 41 then we made a move at 42.....even ensuring a (slightly) lower contract for Lock.

    Truth be told the team has handled Drew Lock like they view him as a backup QB.
    They're treating him like he is a rookie that needed time to develop.....

    Of course he isn't being considered for the starting gig, he's on IR?!?!? We have no idea who was targeting Lock, there were rumors that GB was interested as a grooming project behind Rogers. NY was so worried that other teams were going to Target Jones if they passed and panicked and took him at 6.

    The main reason (from what I've heard) they put him on IR was so there wouldn't be any fan backlash and calling for the backup when/if Flacco sucked. I guarantee that would be happening already and will be happening when he is activated. The team will have to at some point see what he can offer because Flacco's 26th ranked offense is going to continue to lose us games.
    Last edited by JvDub95; 10-12-2019 at 06:55 PM.

  3. #2748
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    No, you havenít stood by what you said. You said Flacco holds the ball too long. If you can provide some examples broken down in detail as I have, then you can stand by what you say. That would take real effort, something you havenít done.
    2011 article......

    https://profootballtalk-nbcsports-co...eague-in-holdi


    2017 article.....

    https://ftw-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproj...ury-film-study

    And a quote from this article.....


    "Flacco was once one of the leagueís biggest gunslingers. Now heís a conservative version of Alex Smith. "


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  4. #2749
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    I see many calling for Lock but I am yet to see one thing from the team that leads me to believe he is even in consideration to be the Broncos starting QB.

    The questionable I.R. designation was one of many situations including more recently the Flacco restructure. However, more alarming was the 9 draft day picks that were traded between our picks 20 and 41. Despite having picks 41 and 57 (at that point) we didn't make a move to secure Lock. Seemingly having no fear of these 9 other teams jumping them for Lock. When he was still available after we picked Risner at 41 then we made a move at 42.....even ensuring a (slightly) lower contract for Lock.

    Truth be told the team has handled Drew Lock like they view him as a backup QB.
    Teams donít draft QBs in the 2nd round if all they see them as is a backup.

  5. #2750
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    They're treating him like he is a rookie that needed time to develop.....

    Of course he isn't being considered for the starting gig, he's on IR?!?!? We have no idea who was targeting Lock, there were rumors that GB was interested as a grooming project behind Rogers. NY was so worried that other teams were going to Target Jones if they passed and panicked and took him at 6.

    The main reason (from what I've read) they put him on IR was so there wouldn't be any fan backlash and calling for the backup when/if Flacco sucked. I guarantee that would be happening already and will be happening when he is activated. The team will have to at some point see what he can offer because Flacco's 26th ranked offense is going to continue to lose us games.
    Or, the team wanted to protect Lockís future by not risking further injury. It was reported Lock had a Grade 2 sprain, which involves partial tear of the ligament. Although he didnít require surgery it was still a bad sprain. In that scenario you donít want a guy to push too fast. The Broncos didnít know they would open the season 0-4, so itís ridiculous to believe he went on IR to avoid controversy. If the Broncos were concerned with a controversy they wouldnít have drafted a quarterback.

  6. #2751
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    2011 article......

    https://profootballtalk-nbcsports-co...eague-in-holdi


    2017 article.....

    https://ftw-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproj...ury-film-study

    And a quote from this article.....


    "Flacco was once one of the leagueís biggest gunslingers. Now heís a conservative version of Alex Smith. "
    Articles from 2016-17 arenít relevant to games being played in 2019 with a new offense and OC.

  7. #2752
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Articles from 2016-17 arenít relevant to games being played in 2019 with a new offense and OC.
    Completely relevant.......in 5 years he was the same player then and he is the same player now


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  8. #2753
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Completely relevant.......in 5 years he was the same player then and he is the same player now
    Joeís 66.7% comp rate and 7.5 yards/attempt are career highs. Yards per game and rating are above career averages. Objectively, heís improving. Those articles arenít relevant because heís not as conservative as the quote you posted. The yards per attempt disprove that point.

    By the way I support Lock playing if and when the Broncos are eliminated from the playoffs.

  9. #2754
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,962
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    They're treating him like he is a rookie that needed time to develop.....

    Of course he isn't being considered for the starting gig, he's on IR?!?!? We have no idea who was targeting Lock, there were rumors that GB was interested as a grooming project behind Rogers. NY was so worried that other teams were going to Target Jones if they passed and panicked and took him at 6.

    The main reason (from what I've read) they put him on IR was so there wouldn't be any fan backlash and calling for the backup when/if Flacco sucked. I guarantee that would be happening already and will be happening when he is activated. The team will have to at some point see what he can offer because Flacco's 26th ranked offense is going to continue to lose us games.
    After IR, obviously......are you serious with that? If that point confused you I doubt you are understanding the draft day logic I was implying.

    As for your second point, that's exactly right......teams panic when they are afraid their QB might get away. It may be the only position of panic in the entire draft.
    Our team did the complete opposite of panic and actually waited while all these picks (between 20-41) were being traded. No matter how bad of GM people think Elway is, nobody would sit back and watch all that movement of they truly feared their franchise QB had a chance to get away.

    And "fan back lash" is a ridiculous reason to think he went on IR. If Elway even remotely feared anything like that, then restructuring Flacco into guarantees would NEVER have been considered.
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 10-12-2019 at 07:28 PM.

  10. #2755
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Joeís 66.7% comp rate and 7.5 yards/attempt are career highs. Yards per game and rating are above career averages. Objectively, heís improving. Those articles arenít relevant because heís not as conservative as the quote you posted. The yards per attempt disprove that point.

    By the way I support Lock playing if and when the Broncos are eliminated from the playoffs.
    I was helping Bob out because I agree with him, I watch the games and I see him holding it way too long and taking sacks and costly picks because of it. He's holding almost as bad as Keenum did. I don't see how completion percentage and yards per attempt have anything to do with holding onto the ball too long.

    If he had any kind of scrambling ability holding the ball wouldn't be that big of a deal. Wilson is the king of it but he can move around unlike the statue that is named Flacco
    Last edited by JvDub95; 10-12-2019 at 07:30 PM.

  11. #2756
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,443
    Flaccoís stats through 5 games:

    66.7% comp rate
    1258 pass yards
    6 TD
    251.6 yards/game
    7.5 yards gained/attempt
    11.5 yards gained/completion
    90.8 rating

    Just for clarification is Flacco average or below average?

  12. #2757
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Flaccoís stats through 5 games:

    66.7% comp rate
    1258 pass yards
    6 TD
    251.6 yards/game
    7.5 yards gained/attempt
    11.5 yards gained/completion
    90.8 rating

    Just for clarification is Flacco average or below average?
    Stats don't tell the story....26th ranked scoring offense, below avg


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  13. #2758
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,962
    If Flacco had some escape ability it would be ok, but he makes me hold my breath every time that pocket collapses. For such a seasoned QB his pocket awareness is awful.

    If he has always played like that in the pocket it would have been really hard to be a fan of that Ravens team for as long as he was there. It's hard enough trying to become a fan of his now for the time being.

  14. #2759
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I was helping Bob out because I agree with him, I watch the games and I see him holding it way too long and taking sacks and costly picks because of it. He's holding almost as bad as Keenum did. I don't see how completion percentage and yards per attempt have anything to do with holding onto the ball too long.

    If he had any kind of scrambling ability holding the ball wouldn't be that big of a deal. Wilson is the king of it but he can move around unlike the statue that is named Flacco
    You pulled this quote from the article:

    "Flacco was once one of the leagueís biggest gunslingers. Now heís a conservative version of Alex Smith.Ē

    Now, you changed the topic after posting that quote because the facts from this season disprove your quote. Itís also a fact that Flacco is playing better than his career average including career highs for comp% and yards gained/attempt. The fact that his yards gained per attempt is a career high completely disproves any notion that heís the same.

  15. #2760
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Stats don't tell the story....26th ranked scoring offense, below avg
    I didnít ask about the offense - is Joe an average or below average quarterback based on those stats?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •