Page 185 of 234 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3504

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    You pulled this quote from the article:

"Flacco was once one of the leagueís biggest gunslingers. Now heís a conservative version of Alex Smith.Ē

Now, you changed the topic after posting that quote because the facts from this season disprove your quote. Itís also a fact that Flacco is playing better than his career average including career highs for comp% and yards gained/attempt. The fact that his yards gained per attempt is a career high completely disproves any notion that heís the same.
    No, they don't disprove anything!?!?!

Just because he can complete some passes doesn't mean he isn't holding onto the ball. Sam Bradford had a rediculous career completion % that doesn't mean he is an avg QB, he is below avg and a great comparison to Flacco

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    No, they don't disprove anything!?!?!

Just because he can complete some passes doesn't mean he isn't holding onto the ball. Sam Bradford had a rediculous career completion % that doesn't mean he is an avg QB, he is below avg and a great comparison to Flacco
    What plays are you talking about where he held the ball too long? I provided examples a few posts back showing how he got the ball out quickly to avoid sacks. Youíve just thrown out a general statement with nothing to back it up. Which plays?

You said he is the same player as heís always been, yet his comp% is the highest in his career. His yards gained per pass attempt are at a career high. Heís not the same player and those two facts proved you made a statement you canít backup.

Flacco 5 years ago avg QB that you could win some games with. Today, barely scoring 18 points a game I'd say he is below avg, that's just naturally going to happen the older you get. Tom Brady is the only player in the history of the NFL at that position to buck that notion

What plays are you talking about where he held the ball too long? I provided examples a few posts back showing how he got the ball out quickly to avoid sacks. Youíve just thrown out a general statement with nothing to back it up. Which plays?

You said he is the same player as heís always been, yet his comp% is the highest in his career. His yards gained per pass attempt are at a career high. Heís not the same player and those two facts proved you made a statement you canít backup.
    You cherry picking a few plays out of 5 games to show a couple quick release passes doesn't prove anything. He is going to have some nice throws every game he is an NFL quarterback. 26th ranked offense that's all that matters completion percentage doesn't matter yards-per-attempt doesn't matter can you score? That's what matters and he can't

obviously, it's not all on Joe. Offensive line wide receivers dropping passes running backs not picking up blocks etc etc. It's all a team effort but he's the captain of the ship and so far not driving the ship very well in my opinion

Flacco 5 years ago avg QB that you could win some games with. Today, barely scoring 18 points a game I'd say he is below avg, that's just naturally going to happen the older you get. Tom Brady is the only player in the history of the NFL at that position to buck that notion
    Flacco
    66.7% comp rate
    1258 pass yards
    6 TD
    251.6 yards/game
    7.5 yards gained/attempt
    11.5 yards gained/completion
    90.8 rating

QB
    62.8% comp rate
    1307 pass yards
    6 TD
    261.4 yards/game
    7.3 yards gained/attempt
    11.2 yards gained/completion
    93.4 rating

Youíre saying Flacco and the QB listed are both below average? The stats are nearly identical. Passing touchdowns/scoring are identical for both quarterbacks.

Sometimes a steady hand at the helm is all you need.

You cherry picking a few plays out of 5 games to show a couple quick release passes doesn't prove anything. He is going to have some nice throws every game he is an NFL quarterback. 26th ranked offense that's all that matters completion percentage doesn't matter yards-per-attempt doesn't matter can you score? That's what matters and he can't
    The plays I detailed are more than what youíve provided, which is none.

Flacco
    66.7% comp rate
    1258 pass yards
    6 TD
    251.6 yards/game
    7.5 yards gained/attempt
    90.8 rating

QB
    62.8% comp rate
    1307 pass yards
    6 TD
    261.4 yards/game
    7.3 yards gained/attempt
    93.4 rating

Youíre saying Flacco and the QB listed are both below average? The stats are nearly identical. Passing touchdowns/scoring are identical for both quarterbacks.
    Give me all the stats you want.....POINTS ARE WHAT WIN GAMES

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Sometimes a steady hand at the helm is all you need.
    Flacco is literally a couple blown calls from being nationally praised as the gritty, seasoned vet QB the Broncos hoped he still was.
    The NFL is pure entertainment and I love it.

Give me all the stats you want.....POINTS ARE WHAT WIN GAMES
    Relax. Scoring and holding your opponent from scoring win games.

Getting back to the question, are those two quarterbacks below average? You said Flacco was below average and both scored the same number of touchdowns.

Both are below average?

Relax. Scoring and holding your opponent from scoring win games.

Getting back to the question, are those two quarterbacks below average? You said Flacco was below average and both scored the same number of touchdowns.

Both are below average?
    Obviously I'm not going to say whether the other is or not without knowing the man you are talking about. Does that other QB have a better than 26th ranked offense? I bet he does

Obviously I'm not going to say whether the other is or not without knowing the man you are talking about. Does that other QB have a better than 26th ranked offense? I bet he does
    Those stats are nearly identical and both scored the same number of touchdowns. Youíve said scoring is the most important thing, and weíre talking about Flacco being below average. With the stats being nearly identical and identical for scoring, the other quarterback is below average by your standard.

Is that quarterback below average?

Flacco
    66.7% comp rate
    1258 pass yards
    6 TD
    251.6 yards/game
    7.5 yards gained/attempt
    90.8 rating

Aaron Rodgers
    62.8% comp rate
    1307 pass yards
    6 TD
    261.4 yards/game
    7.3 yards gained/attempt
    93.4 rating
    NFL.com has the Broncos offense ranked #18 vs Green Bay #25. Flacco and Rodgers have nearly identical stats with identical passing touchdowns. The Packers are 4-1 and theyíre scoring 23.8 points per game. In the last two games the Broncos averaged 23.5 points per game.

There are many things that go into winning or losing. The Broncos havenít played consistently in all three phases. Flacco hasnít been great but he hasnít been bad. Sure heís made a few turnovers. The penalties, turnovers by other players, defense and special teams contributed to the losses.

The offense is trending in the right direction as the average over five games overlooks the last two games (23.5 points).

I like the changes Fangio made on defense and hopefully heíll continue adjusting if players arenít performing.

I didnít ask about the offense - is Joe an average or below average quarterback based on those stats?
    Below average when you look at his TDs, turnovers, and tendency to dink and dunk even when his team is behind.