Page 186 of 234 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3504

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    Below average when you look at his TDs, turnovers, and tendency to dink and dunk even when his team is behind.
    Flacco and Rodgers have the same number of touchdowns and nearly identical yards per completion. Theyíre both below average quarterbacks? The Packers are 4-1 with Rodgers having nearly identical stats as Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Flacco and Rodgers have the same number of touchdowns and nearly identical yards per completion. Theyíre both below average quarterbacks? The Packers are 4-1 with Rodgers having nearly identical stats as Flacco.
    Rodgers hasnít been playing very well this season. Fortunately we donít have to judge either QB off of just five games. Also 4 does not equal 1 (their respective interception totals).
    Last edited by BeelzeBob; 10-12-2019 at 10:04 PM.

One has performed like this(read: below average) for most of his career, the other has not. One is clearly, undeniably and obviously below average. The other is Aaron Rodgers.

Teams donít draft QBs in the 2nd round if all they see them as is a backup.
    Agreed, that's way too high. If lock is going to need two year to groom. Elway messed up yet again taking lock.

Or, the team wanted to protect Lockís future by not risking further injury. It was reported Lock had a Grade 2 sprain, which involves partial tear of the ligament. Although he didnít require surgery it was still a bad sprain. In that scenario you donít want a guy to push too fast. The Broncos didnít know they would open the season 0-4, so itís ridiculous to believe he went on IR to avoid controversy. If the Broncos were concerned with a controversy they wouldnít have drafted a quarterback.
    Qb have played with broken fingers, dislocated fingers. We not talking about a knee, concussion, foot, shoulder. Come on with the excuses. Lock was a way bigger project than they thought he would be. Please tell me the last qb that went on IR for a thumb sprain. I'll wait.

Never seen soooo many excuses for a "supposed to be" top 10 pick but fell to the 2nd. Smh.

NFL.com has the Broncos offense ranked #18 vs Green Bay #25. Flacco and Rodgers have nearly identical stats with identical passing touchdowns. The Packers are 4-1 and theyíre scoring 23.8 points per game. In the last two games the Broncos averaged 23.5 points per game.

There are many things that go into winning or losing. The Broncos havenít played consistently in all three phases. Flacco hasnít been great but he hasnít been bad. Sure heís made a few turnovers. The penalties, turnovers by other players, defense and special teams contributed to the losses.

The offense is trending in the right direction as the average over five games overlooks the last two games (23.5 points).

I like the changes Fangio made on defense and hopefully heíll continue adjusting if players arenít performing.
    Scoring offense.....26th ranked with 18 points a game. I don't know how many times I have to hammer that home. I don't care what percentage of what is going where!!! Flacco is below avg at this time of his career. Rogers is a QB even now that can win a game and make those HOF type plays moving around.......Flacco can not

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Qb have played with broken fingers, dislocated fingers. We not talking about a knee, concussion, foot, shoulder. Come on with the excuses. Lock was a way bigger project than they thought he would be. Please tell me the last qb that went on IR for a thumb sprain. I'll wait.

Never seen soooo many excuses for a "supposed to be" top 10 pick but fell to the 2nd. Smh.
    November 26, 2018

Had to go to the library to look that one up for you but I didn't want you to wait too long.
    Last edited by Rastic; 10-13-2019 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Scoring offense.....26th ranked with 18 points a game. I don't know how many times I have to hammer that home. I don't care what percentage of what is going where!!! Flacco is below avg at this time of his career. Rogers is a QB even now that can win a game and make those HOF type plays moving around.......Flacco can not
    I mentioned earlier that stats don't tell the whole story and you need context. The Broncos didn't cause one turnover in the first 4 games. Our starting field position has suffered because of that. The Broncos also have zero defensive/special teams touchdowns this year.

I agree that points are what matter but when I watch the Broncos play, I don't feel like I'm watching the 26th offense in the NFL. They are capable and can move the ball. I think Flacco and the offense look more like they are in the middle, 15ish. I think they will continue to improve as they get more comfortable with the system and with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I mentioned earlier that stats don't tell the whole story and you need context. The Broncos didn't cause one turnover in the first 4 games. Our starting field position has suffered because of that. The Broncos also have zero defensive/special teams touchdowns this year.

I agree that points are what matter but when I watch the Broncos play, I don't feel like I'm watching the 26th offense in the NFL. They are capable and can move the ball. I think Flacco and the offense look more like they are in the middle, 15ish. I think they will continue to improve as they get more comfortable with the system and with each other.
    I hope you are right and I will root for it but when I watch Joe fumble or throw a costly pick on a scoring drive I have some real questions he is capable of actually putting enough points needed when in a shootout type game.

Rodgers hasnít been playing very well this season. Fortunately we donít have to judge either QB off of just five games. Also 4 does not equal 1 (their respective interception totals).
    First, you havenít provided any examples to backup your earlier general claim that Flacco holds the ball too long. Iím interested in knowing which plays and how the receivers were covered.

Since youíre saying Rodgers isnít playing well, why are the Packers 4-1 while Flacco has nearly identical statistics? The interceptions you noted donít negate the fact that both QBs have 6 passing TDs. Why are the Packers 4-1 with Rodgers not playing well as you claim?

As for not judging either quarterback off of just 5 games, one has a 10-5 career playoff record with 1 Lombardi. The other has a 10-7 playoff record with 1 Lombardi.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post

The offense is in the middle of the league for yards per game. The turnover vs Bears on the goal line and late in the first half vs Jags are two examples of not capitalizing on moving the ball. Hamiltonís drop took another touchdown off the board. I know we can ďwhat ifĒ everything however those examples are part of the reason they are averaging less than 20 points per game. The offense averaged 23.5 over the last two games, hopefully they continue improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    One has performed like this(read: below average) for most of his career, the other has not. One is clearly, undeniably and obviously below average. The other is Aaron Rodgers.
    One has a 10-5 career playoff record with 1 Lombardi, the other a 10-7 playoff record with 1 Lombardi.

When youíre talking about scoring offense and the two quarterbacks, letís revisit what theyíve done this season over 5 games:

Flacco
    66.7% comp rate
    1258 pass yards
    6 TD
    251.6 yards/game
    7.5 yards gained/attempt
    11.2* yards gained/completion
    90.8 rating

Rodgers
    62.8% comp rate
    1307 pass yards
    6 TD
    261.4 yards/game
    7.3 yards gained/attempt
    11.5* yards gained/completion
    93.4 rating

Simple question: Are they both playing below average? Yes or no?

*Note: These were reversed earlier, my error.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 10-13-2019 at 07:25 AM.

When youíre talking about scoring offense and the two quarterbacks, letís revisit what theyíve done this season over 5 games:

Flacco
    66.7% comp rate
    1258 pass yards
    6 TD
    251.6 yards/game
    7.5 yards gained/attempt
    11.2* yards gained/completion
    90.8 rating

Rodgers
    62.8% comp rate
    1307 pass yards
    6 TD
    261.4 yards/game
    7.3 yards gained/attempt
    11.5* yards gained/completion
    93.4 rating

Simple question: Are they both playing below average? Yes or no?

*Note: These were reversed earlier, my error.
    I'll just copy and paste my previous response since you simply won't let it go......

"Scoring offense.....26th ranked with 18 points a game. I don't know how many times I have to hammer that home. I don't care what percentage of what is going where!!! Flacco is below avg at this time of his career. Rogers is a QB even now that can win a game and make those HOF type plays moving around.......Flacco can not"

I DON'T CARE ABOUT ALL YOUR STATS, give Rogers all day everyday and twice on Sundays!!! You can love flat footed Flacco all you want he can't carry a team and that's a fact

I'll just copy and paste my previous response since you simply won't let it go......

"Scoring offense.....26th ranked with 18 points a game. I don't know how many times I have to hammer that home. I don't care what percentage of what is going where!!! Flacco is below avg at this time of his career. Rogers is a QB even now that can win a game and make those HOF type plays moving around.......Flacco can not"

I DON'T CARE ABOUT ALL YOUR STATS, give Rogers all day everyday and twice on Sundays!!! You can love flat footed Flacco all you want he can't carry a team and that's a fact
    You havenít provided any examples of Flacco holding the ball too long. Wonít answer a simple question based on objective comparative data.

Rodgers has played about the same as Flacco and the Packers are 4-1. Rodgers hasnít carried his team through 5 games and the Packers are winning.

Scangarello should avoid some of the naked bootlegs with Flacco. Lock, when healthy is better suited to run those plays (ran them successfully in preseason).