Page 193 of 234 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3504

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    He lead the TD drive and we won because Flacco played smart and didn’t force anything with the lead.
    Brady did the same thing vs the rams in the SB.
    So he game managed and eventually put some points on the board? is this now our standard? So really we could put anyone back there because just about ANY QB in the NFL is going to at times, score points.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    Lets keep it less about our team's rankings in the NFL and more about our team's QB and his ability to actually lead this team to victories on his own merits

Also yes you are correct, we did in 2015, is that what you want again? to try to build a HISTORICALLY GREAT defense to drag the corpse of a QB to a SB? that is lightning in a bottle that just cant be caught twice sorry, its not realistic.
    Well, the major difference also being that we were 5-0 in 2015 and averaged 22 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Um not sure what games you have been watching but Flacco has been good enough for 2-4. Anything else is denial.
    If we stop the jags and bears last second drives we would be 2-4?

Well, if the offense could have mustered any points in the third quarters of those games, we'd also be 4-2.

You are what your record says you are.

If, if, if.....

The defense didnít stop the Bears and Jags.

Seems like the Broncos werenít hurt too bad!!!
    16-0 is a dominant win
    Hell yeah. Apparently the broncos need to throw for 300+ yards for a successful win but I enjoyed the hell out of that shutout.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Well, if the offense could have mustered any points in the third quarters of those games, we'd also be 4-2.

You are what your record says you are.
    The offense put the team ahead with 31 seconds and a minute 30, the rest of the game doesnít matter at that point, our defense has to hold the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I think there's a middle ground here where we can acknowledge the deficiencies of the offense and that a lot of this has to fall on the quarterback, while also being happy with the win and understanding that as long as we continue to win, Flacco will be the starting quarterback.
    I'm happy Flacco is the starting QB. He's good at playing the position. It's been awhile that we've had that in Denver.

Thread cleaned.

From the game day thread. Applies here (and everywhere) too.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Read the CoC, please. Or we're going to start reminding you all with IPs instead of deletes.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Hell yeah. Apparently the broncos need to throw for 300+ yards for a successful win but I enjoyed the hell out of that shutout.
    I donít think any win with Flacco will be considered successful by his critics.

Heís the Qb I will continue to support until heís no longer the starter

I'm happy Flacco is the starting QB. He's good at playing the position. It's been awhile that we've had that in Denver.
    You can't look at him objectively again and say he's "good". The statistics and eye test simply do not back that up.

He may be better than Siemian, Osweiler, Lynch, and Keenum. But that's not saying a whole lot.

I do agree, however, that as long as we're winning it really doesn't matter. Flacco will be the starting quarterback, and should be.

It seems like Flacco is hurried most of the time, and holds the ball too long other times. There is definitely room for improvement.

Hmm dont put words in the other side's mouth. No one is saying this, they are simply saying Flacco is not a good QB. Like we can be happy with a win and the way it was executed, but he still looked bad, we can still notice he looked bad, there is nothing wrong with noticing a flaw in a team that just won a game. If our metric for a QB being good is we win a game, then no QB is bad.

The offense put the team ahead with 31 seconds and a minute 30, the rest of the game doesn’t matter at that point, our defense has to hold the lead.
    I just don't think that's a very balanced way of looking at a football game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    If, if, if.....

The defense didnít stop the Bears and Jags.
    Thank you, we know that! Flacco was being blamed for those losses when in fact he put the team ahead late in the 4th QRT.