Page 201 of 234 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3504

Thread: Flacco

  1. #3001
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,583
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I disagree with this. The OL is different. Veldheer and Turner was a big upgrade over what youre getting in Wilkonson thus far. Paradis was better than McGovern is, and Leary was not coming off injury. Right now the biggest culprit of our offensive struggles has been OL play, specifically the OTs. Flacco has issues, but he is far from the biggest issue, in terms of offensive issues, he's 3rd or 4th on the list
    I think you have to ask though, is the downgrade at the offensive line so severe that it makes up for Flacco's apparent lack of efficiency compared to the previous starting quarterbacks we've had post-Manning?

  2. #3002
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Your the same guy who said TE is one of the easier positions to translate from college to the NFL, I'm not shocked you're saying Flacco is the main problem.
    Where did you get the notion TE is a hard position to learn? The blocking aspect can be challenging coming out of college, but athletically gifted TEs produce as receivers quickly all the time in the NFL.

  3. #3003
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,067
    Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    Oh come on. Literally no one is saying anything like that.
    Yeah, no one believes that locks going to magically make things better, but if you are going to have bad qb play, shouldn't you at least be building towards the future gaining experience for future seasons.


  4. #3004
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,067
    One thing is for sure.

    16 points won't beat the chiefs....


  5. #3005
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,980
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I think you have to ask though, is the downgrade at the offensive line so severe that it makes up for Flacco's apparent lack of efficiency compared to the previous starting quarterbacks we've had post-Manning?
    Trevor siemien producing better stats, more wins, at a fraction of the cost sounds like a dream right now. Why do I envy our 2016 qb situation.....

  6. #3006
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    Where did you get the notion TE is a hard position to learn? The blocking aspect can be challenging coming out of college, but athletically gifted TEs produce as receivers quickly all the time in the NFL.
    In the last 15 years only 2 TEs have gone over 600 receiving yards their rookie year. TEs have to learn blocking schemes like OL, and route combinations and technique like WR. It's one of the harder positions to adapt to.

  7. #3007
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I think you have to ask though, is the downgrade at the offensive line so severe that it makes up for Flacco's apparent lack of efficiency compared to the previous starting quarterbacks we've had post-Manning?
    Yes and no, it's forcing us to do different things, and hurting the overall offense. Flacco's limitations have a part as well, but we should see an uptick with the return of James and IMO Tim Patrick.

  8. #3008
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    One thing is for sure.

    16 points won't beat the chiefs....
    It could if they also came with 45 minute time of possession

  9. #3009
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    Trevor siemien producing better stats, more wins, at a fraction of the cost sounds like a dream right now. Why do I envy our 2016 qb situation.....
    I definitely miss Kubiak that's for sure. Scangarello is having growing pains like any rookie playcaller.

  10. #3010
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yeah, no one believes that locks going to magically make things better, but if you are going to have bad qb play, shouldn't you at least be building towards the future gaining experience for future seasons.
    I think Lock definitely adds a different dimension. The boot action will definitely be more effective. Flacco's lack of mobility is killing that aspect. The DL or LB has no fear or need to commit to Flacco, so easy completions are slowly going away.

  11. #3011
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,474
    There were two plays yesterday that Flacco had enough room to run for 1st downs. He could see where he needed to go but his cleats were dipped in Gorilla Glue. My goodness heís slower than Oz. Say what you will about Lock but he would have made those 1st downs running. Lock is athletic enough for more of Scangarelloís playbook. Flacco panicked on a screen play because he canít move fast enough to buy a little time. I went back and watched every play with Lock and there were definitely more plays available with his athletic ability.

    In Joe we trust...I keep the coffee hot watching our offense because itís hard to stay awake. Wadman earned his pay for sure.

  12. #3012
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    In the last 15 years only 2 TEs have gone over 600 receiving yards their rookie year. TEs have to learn blocking schemes like OL, and route combinations and technique like WR. It's one of the harder positions to adapt to.
    They donít have to learn blocking schemes like OL or route combinations like WRs, at least not to be effective. The reason you donít see lots of 600+ receiving yards from rookie TEs is because a TE, rookie or veteran, rarely produces 600+ yard seasons unless they are featured receivers in an offense (which rookie TEs almost never are). I agree that the blocking side can be tough to learn, but TEs with the physical tools Fant has normally produce in the receiving game quickly because they are a huge matchup issue.

  13. #3013
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    One thing is for sure.

    16 points won't beat the chiefs....
    Unlike the Titans, the Chiefs have a bad defense. I expect the Broncos to score 20+ points.

  14. #3014
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    They donít have to learn blocking schemes like OL or route combinations like WRs, at least not to be effective. The reason you donít see lots of 600+ receiving yards from rookie TEs is because a TE, rookie or veteran, rarely produces 600+ yard seasons unless they are featured receivers in an offense (which rookie TEs almost never are). I agree that the blocking side can be tough to learn, but TEs with the physical tools Fant has normally produce in the receiving game quickly because they are a huge matchup issue.
    Last year 11 different TEs had 600+ yd seasons. There were multiple 1000+ yd TEs as well. Maybe, 2 of them were the feature of their offense. So no, it's not uncommon for veteran TEs to have 600+ receiving seasons. You're just flat out wrong on TEs just like you're wrong on a lot of your narratives.

  15. #3015
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,878
    The QB situation is really simple. Give Joe these next 3 games and if we head into the bye week at no worse than 4-5 with a chance at playoffs you keep riding with Joe. Anything less and you get Drew ready to start after the bye week. Our defense seems to be coming around and should keep us in most games. However we are going to have to score more than 16 points to beat most teams. If Joe canít do it see if Lock can. Itís really that simple. 5-4 or 4-5 heading into bye, stick with Joe. 3-6 or worse gotta go Lock!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •