Page 203 of 234 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3504

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Unlike the Titans, the Chiefs have a bad defense. I expect the Broncos to score 20+ points.
    I've hoped for it all year, but it's not happening outside of one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    During the game I thought the INT was on Fant for not coming back to the ball. After watching the play again the INT was mainly on Flacco. The protection was solid. Instead of stepping into the throw Flacco threw it off his back foot. He over reacted to pressure that really wasnít there. If he made a better throw that pass drops right into Fantís hands. Fant should learn in time to locate the ball and come back if under thrown like today.
    You watched it twice and didn't see the ball hit Fants name on his jersey with his body turned away from the play. Ball couldn't have been thrown any better to drop into players arms if he had not been turned away from play.
    The defender caught the ball on the carom off Fant. This int was all Fant on a great throw by Flacco with tight coverage and under duress.

We score more then 20 against the chiefs Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    You watched it twice and didn't see the ball hit Fants name on his jersey with his body turned away from the play. Ball couldn't have been thrown any better to drop into players arms if he had not been turned away from play.
    The defender caught the ball on the carom off Fant. This int was all Fant on a great throw by Flacco with tight coverage and under duress.
    Please watch this and tell us again how that was a good throw.

I donít know why people are arguing over an interception that was a bit of a fluke.

We donít know if the ball was under thrown or if Fant was supposed to turn around.

It doesnít really matter. It was one turnover against a very good defense. It was good concentration by the defender to catch the ball.

Bad throws happen. Even Tom Brady throws interceptions at times.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yeah, that was what made that boot so dangerous back in the Plummer days, you never knew if he was going to take off running.
    James is coming back at a very good time for Lock as well. James can work back into game shape, and if it turns out the last 2 weeks were a fluke, then I can see a change. I wouldn't rush him in there with Bolles and Wilkinson as his OTs.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Unlike the Titans, the Chiefs have a bad defense. I expect the Broncos to score 20+ points.
    The Chiefs literally have one of the worst rushing defenses in the NFL. Our O-line is arguably top 10 in run blocking...whether or not we score 20+ points, I do see us controlling TOP. We'll gas their defense at Mile High.

If we can control the clock and win the turnover battle, we can beat the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Lol you serious? It hit him between the numbers on his back. Don’t make it sound like it hit him in the chest and he didn’t catch it resulting in an INT. It wasn’t a horrible throw. Just a bad decision.
    Great throw in my opinion, Fant lost it in sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    The Chiefs literally have one of the worst rushing defenses in the NFL. Our O-line is arguably top 10 in run blocking...whether or not we score 20+ points, I do see us controlling TOP. We'll gas their defense at Mile High.

If we can control the clock and win the turnover battle, we can beat the Chiefs.
    I don't care if we win 3-0. As long as we win I'll be happy. Huge game on Thursday.

When Fant ran the post route he looked for the ball on the outside where it should have been. Ball placement on the outside removes the so called ďtight coverageĒ. If you watch closely you can see he tried to locate the ball to the outside. Knowing he was near the end of the route he tried to adjust by looking back inside. By that point it was too late. Ball placement to the outside and deep enough results in a reception or ball out of bounds. Flacco threw it to the inside and short, giving the DBs a better chance at the ball. It was either thrown to the wrong spot or under thrown. Watch Flaccoís foot work - he didnít step into the throw.

Play at 3:15 mark:

https://youtu.be/HRyHdLl6mOI

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Please watch this and tell us again how that was a good throw.

Ball should be thrown to the outside and Fant actually looks for it there. When he couldnít locate the ball on the outside he did his best to locate inside. Flacco didnít step into the throw so the ball did not get to the outside. I railed on Fant during the game but not sure that was his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I just think saying he's getting rid of the ball quicker due to the sacks which is leading to shorter throws isn't an accurate statement. The sacks are high, and it's difficult to tell what's on the o-line and what's on him, but he's always been a short-route thrower.
    The sacks arenít really high though. Theyíre roughly average six games into the season. Admittedly the whole NFL seems to have worse pass protection these days, but thatís all we really have to compare them to. We just saw a truly bad OL and racked up seven sacks on them. Meanwhile we gave up one sack. The notion that itís all the OLís fault rather than Flaccoís is just not based in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    The sacks arenít really high though. Theyíre roughly average six games into the season. Admittedly the whole NFL seems to have worse pass protection these days, but thatís all we really have to compare them to. We just saw a truly bad OL and racked up seven sacks on them. Meanwhile we gave up one sack. The notion that itís all the OLís fault rather than Flaccoís is just not based in reality.
    Right. Going into yesterday, we were allowing the 11th fewest QB hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Ball should be thrown to the outside and Fant actually looks for it there. When he couldn’t locate the ball on the outside he did his best to locate inside. Flacco didn’t step into the throw so the ball did not get to the outside. I railed on Fant during the game but not sure that was his fault.
    Ball travelled forty yards in the air, Fant looked for ball and positioned himself to catch it on side away from defenders, lost ball in Sun, turned back for reasons known only to Fant, ball hit him high on back of Jersey and caromed into defenders hands.
    With ball in air for forty yards, Fant had plenty time to adjust to ball to catch on either side. This is all on receiver not locating and adjusting to ball.
    Great throw hitting blind receiver in the back on the run forty yards away while he is moving. Couldn't of thrown it better. Two way street.
    Last edited by crabcruncher; 10-14-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Ball travelled forty yards in the air, Fant looked for ball and positioned himself to catch it on side away from defenders, lost ball in Sun, turned back for reasons known only to Fant, ball hit him high on back of Jersey and caromed into defenders hands.
    With ball in air for forty yards, Fant had plenty time to adjust to ball to catch on either side. This is all on receiver not locating and adjusting to ball.
    Great throw hitting blind receiver in the back on the run forty yards away while he is moving. Couldn't of thrown it better. Two way street.
    40 yards wasnít enough. That route needs the ball outside, which means it needed to be thrown 41-42 or on a different angle. I understand youíre going to defend Flacco on every play. Fant May have lost it in the sun but that doesnít mean it was a good throw. It was the type of throw I would expect - Joe sensed pressure that wasnít actually there and didnít set his feet. That was a problem with him over the last few years and he hasnít corrected the issue.