Page 204 of 234 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3504

Thread: Flacco

  1. #3046
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    40 yards wasn’t enough. That route needs the ball outside, which means it needed to be thrown 41-42 or on a different angle. I understand you’re going to defend Flacco on every play. Fant May have lost it in the sun but that doesn’t mean it was a good throw. It was the type of throw I would expect - Joe sensed pressure that wasn’t actually there and didn’t set his feet. That was a problem with him over the last few years and he hasn’t corrected the issue.
    How about this:

    1.) It was slightly underthrown.

    *and*

    2.) Had Fant turned earlier it could've been caught.

    It could've been thrown better but I don't consider it a bad throw by any means.

  2. #3047
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,503
    Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    The sacks arenít really high though. Theyíre roughly average six games into the season. Admittedly the whole NFL seems to have worse pass protection these days, but thatís all we really have to compare them to. We just saw a truly bad OL and racked up seven sacks on them. Meanwhile we gave up one sack. The notion that itís all the OLís fault rather than Flaccoís is just not based in reality.
    Using the sack stat as the way to measure the line doesnít tell the whole story. Earlier, I provided you with multiple plays (Chargers game) where Flacco got rid of the ball or made a short completion. Those plays prevented sacks, but the pass protection was poor.

  3. #3048
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    40 yards wasn’t enough. That route needs the ball outside, which means it needed to be thrown 41-42 or on a different angle. I understand you’re going to defend Flacco on every play. Fant May have lost it in the sun but that doesn’t mean it was a good throw. It was the type of throw I would expect - Joe sensed pressure that wasn’t actually there and didn’t set his feet. That was a problem with him over the last few years and he hasn’t corrected the issue.
    Film shows Bolles got beat like a drum, defender on dead run toward Flacco just as he released ball.
    By the way, Bolles looked like lost puppy dog as he watched his man closing on Flacco.
    Again, great throw under pressure off his back foot.
    Sometimes a qb has to throw that way. Watch Mahones this Thursday, He does it routinely.
    And again, receiver had plenty of time to adjust to ball.
    I will defend Flacco when it is obvious to do so, bigger question is why you don't.
    Last edited by crabcruncher; 10-14-2019 at 01:04 PM.

  4. #3049
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Using the sack stat as the way to measure the line doesnít tell the whole story. Earlier, I provided you with multiple plays (Chargers game) where Flacco got rid of the ball or made a short completion. Those plays prevented sacks, but the pass protection was poor.
    Pressures, hits, pick your stat. None of them support the narrative that the OL is a bigger issue than Flacco, and certainly doesnít support the notion that they are to blame for his poor play.

  5. #3050
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    Film shows Bolles got beat lie a drum, defender on dead run toward Flacco just as he released ball.
    By the way, Bolles looked like lost puppy dog as he watched his man closing on Flacco.
    He didnít even get hit on that play as I recall.

  6. #3051
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,503
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    How about this:

    1.) It was slightly underthrown.

    *and*

    2.) Had Fant turned earlier it could've been caught.

    It could've been thrown better but I don't consider it a bad throw by any means.
    Fant did turn, to the outside where the ball should have been. The Safety was high and was actually late reacting to the throw - only reason he appeared to recover was the ball being on the inside.

  7. #3052
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    320
    Iím genuinely curious why so many of you are so invested in defending Flacco while being so willing to cast many of the other players on the team in the worst possible light. The orange-colored glasses reason doesnít make sense since you guys are hating so many other Bronco players, so what is it?

  8. #3053
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,503
    Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    Pressures, hits, pick your stat. None of them support the narrative that the OL is a bigger issue than Flacco, and certainly doesnít support the notion that they are to blame for his poor play.
    I donít believe many people are saying the line is a bigger issue. Depending on the play the line provided good, neutral or poor pass protection (which breaks down to individual players). On some plays Flacco had good protection and didnít make a good throw. For example the 3rd down pass to Sutton was behind him, incomplete despite having decent protection. On the sideline streak route to Sutton, Flacco made a very good throw.

    The issue with your narrative is that Flacco is all bad, all the time.

  9. #3054
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    2,052
    This whole thread reeks of a dead horse tbo

  10. #3055
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,470
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    This whole thread reeks of a dead horse tbo
    The beatings will continue until morale improves

  11. #3056
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    The beatings will continue until morale improves
    If morale hasnít improved for some after 2 wins, not sure what would help (Iíll leave that to the imagination). Maybe some people want to be proven right so much they prefer losing?

  12. #3057
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    I’m genuinely curious why so many of you are so invested in defending Flacco while being so willing to cast many of the other players on the team in the worst possible light. The orange-colored glasses reason doesn’t make sense since you guys are hating so many other Bronco players, so what is it?
    Because he is an average QB who is also capable. He is not one of the worst QBs in the league. Tired of all the people who think he is awful and only focus on his bad plays while never acknowledging the good. How about his beautiful 40 yard pass to Sutton yesterday. Incredible throw.

  13. #3058
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I donít believe many people are saying the line is a bigger issue. Depending on the play the line provided good, neutral or poor pass protection (which breaks down to individual players). On some plays Flacco had good protection and didnít make a good throw. For example the 3rd down pass to Sutton was behind him, incomplete despite having decent protection. On the sideline streak route to Sutton, Flacco made a very good throw.

    The issue with your narrative is that Flacco is all bad, all the time.
    That isnít my narrative. My narrative is that heís below average and basically a backup level player. Has been for a long time. As the most important player in the offense, as he goes so does our offense, thus the below average results. To get average or better results from a Flacco-led offense you need top tier players at pretty much every other offensive position, and we obviously donít have that.

  14. #3059
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Because he is an average QB who is also capable. He is not one of the worst QBs in the league. Tired of all the people who think he is awful and only focus on his bad plays while never acknowledging the good. How about his beautiful 40 yard pass to Sutton yesterday. Incredible throw.
    When you say heís average do you mean average for an NFL starting QB? Because thereís simply nothing to support that. By pretty much every metric heís a bottom tier starting QB this season, and has been a bottom tier starting QB for years.

  15. #3060
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    When you say he’s average do you mean average for an NFL starting QB? Because there’s simply nothing to support that. By pretty much every metric he’s a bottom tier starting QB this season, and has been a bottom tier starting QB for years.
    Yes, he is in the middle of the pack. I don't care to have someone list off a bunch of stats. There is so much more to judging a QB. What offense is he in, what is asked of him, etc.

    There's a reason why he has won in this league. Maybe if you didn't spend your Sundays looking for what's wrong you'll start to discover what's right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •