Page 205 of 234 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 203 204 205 206 207 215 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3504

Thread: Flacco

  1. #3061
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,456
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Yes, he is in the middle of the pack. I don't care to have someone list off a bunch of stats. There is so much more to judging a QB. What offense is he in, what is asked of him, etc.

    There's a reason why he has won in this league. Maybe if you didn't spend your Sundays looking for what's wrong you'll start to discover what's right.
    He is 26-31 since his decline truly started in 2015. That's below average. His losing record in that span combined with his bottom-teir individual numbers means he is a below average QB by all standards.

    In every offense he's been in through that time frame, he has underperformed. We knew what we were getting, and that is one of the leagues worst starters.

  2. #3062
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Because he is an average QB who is also capable. He is not one of the worst QBs in the league. Tired of all the people who think he is awful and only focus on his bad plays while never acknowledging the good. How about his beautiful 40 yard pass to Sutton yesterday. Incredible throw.
    There is just no proof for this. Every metric says he's below average and watching him play will tell most people he's below average. He has looked just as bad(if not worse) as the backups we've been trotting out year after year now since manning. No one is focusing on the bad and not acknowledging the good, they are simply looking at the bigger picture, something the flacco support seem to be missing here. You list one play, cool, every QB in the league, EVERY one of them will make one good play. Tebow did too you know. Now I'm not comparing him to Tebow, just saying that a QB in the national football league, a PROFESSIONAL league, will make good plays every once in awhile, its about the consistency and timing and ability to read the field.

    It's weird, facts keep being presented, facts and logic based in reality, and it gets waved off as "but we won" "but we beat the titans!!". So what? This is a proud franchise and we're over here saying all is well because we beat the titans??? This QB play is good enough for us? Are we so resigned nowadays? Now we have people here saying the Chiefs are a bad defense so we'll probably score more than 20(lol) points?? wow we've fallen. Also, the past few years ive heard this a lot, a bad D coming to town, our O should finally be ok, and it actually does worse than against those "stout" Ds. We'll see though.

  3. #3063
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    He is 26-31 since his decline truly started in 2015. That's below average. His losing record in that span combined with his bottom-teir individual numbers means he is a below average QB by all standards.

    In every offense he's been in through that time frame, he has underperformed. We knew what we were getting, and that is one of the leagues worst starters.
    There is a reason he was readily replaced by a rookie QB

  4. #3064
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Yes, he is in the middle of the pack. I don't care to have someone list off a bunch of stats. There is so much more to judging a QB. What offense is he in, what is asked of him, etc.

    There's a reason why he has won in this league. Maybe if you didn't spend your Sundays looking for what's wrong you'll start to discover what's right.
    You say thereís more to a QB than stats. Fine, what are these intangibles that Iím missing that allow him to transcend his sub-par stats and metrics?

  5. #3065
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    There is a reason he was readily replaced by a rookie QB
    Injury has a strange way of doing that.....

  6. #3066
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Injury has a strange way of doing that.....
    Note that he didnt take his spot back and the improvement of the ravens offense, a better QB has a strange way of doing that

  7. #3067
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,279
    Really not interested in arguing this. I have my opinion that he is average and you all have your opinion that he is one of the worst starters in the league. No amount of going back in forth on here will change either of our opinions.

    I'm just glad that the team is on a two game winning streak with a chance to get back into the playoff conversation on Thursday.

  8. #3068
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,315
    I hope Lock wins the starting QB job, I just want him and the new system ready, when he is ready.
    I don't want to throw him in, and get him pillaged immediately.
    Let Flacco take some lumps first.

  9. #3069
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I donít believe many people are saying the line is a bigger issue. Depending on the play the line provided good, neutral or poor pass protection (which breaks down to individual players). On some plays Flacco had good protection and didnít make a good throw. For example the 3rd down pass to Sutton was behind him, incomplete despite having decent protection. On the sideline streak route to Sutton, Flacco made a very good throw.

    The issue with your narrative is that Flacco is all bad, all the time.
    That 3rd down pass you're referring to, Freeman missed the blitz pick up, and Flacco couldn't step into the throw.

  10. #3070
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    2,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    Note that he didnt take his spot back and the improvement of the ravens offense, a better QB has a strange way of doing that
    That's because they knew they would trade him. They let the rook get some game time.

  11. #3071
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Really not interested in arguing this. I have my opinion that he is average and you all have your opinion that he is one of the worst starters in the league. No amount of going back in forth on here will change either of our opinions.

    I'm just glad that the team is on a two game winning streak with a chance to get back into the playoff conversation on Thursday.
    What we donít get is that the numbers just donít support the notion that heís average, and yet you guys just keep insisting he is. Itís puzzling to say the least.

  12. #3072
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    That's because they knew they would trade him. They let the rook get some game time.
    And why would they want to trade him in favor of an unproven rookie if he was an average starting QB? Jackson was pretty bad as a passer last season if you donít recall.

  13. #3073
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    That's because they knew they would trade him. They let the rook get some game time.
    Why would they want to trade him for an unproven rook if he was good?

    oop sniped by beelzebob

  14. #3074
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,315
    Put him on a solid team, and I think he would be better? The Ravens did not want him to get hurt and be on the hook for his contract.
    That was one reason they didn't play him again.

  15. #3075
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,436
    Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    What we donít get is that the numbers just donít support the notion that heís average, and yet you guys just keep insisting he is. Itís puzzling to say the least.
    Depends on which numbers you choose. Two quarterbacks:

    #1 - 10 playoff wins, 5 losses and one Super Bowl Championship

    #2 - 10 playoff wins, 7 losses and one Super Bowl Championship

    Using outcomes as the ultimate statistic, which one is above, average, or below average?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •