Page 206 of 234 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 216 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3504

Thread: Flacco

  1. #3076
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,368
    Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    What we don’t get is that the numbers just don’t support the notion that he’s average, and yet you guys just keep insisting he is. It’s puzzling to say the least.
    Denver's OL isn't helping Flacco much.
    (Like QB's before him)

    Do you think Flacco would perform better behind Dallas' OL?
    If so, maybe that's his current potential.

  2. #3077
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Depends on which numbers you choose. Two quarterbacks:

    #1 - 10 playoff wins, 5 losses and one Super Bowl Championship

    #2 - 10 playoff wins, 7 losses and one Super Bowl Championship

    Using outcomes as the ultimate statistic, which one is above, average, or below average?
    You're...you're not using QB metrics here and I think you know that. 2015 proved that a lopsided team, if ELITE enough on one side can compensate for the other. We dont have that and that is even harder to do than just having a good QB

  3. #3078
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Put him on a solid team, and I think he would be better? The Ravens did not want him to get hurt and be on the hook for his contract.
    That was one reason they didn't play him again.
    They traded back into the 1st round to snag Jackson because they were desperate to move on from Flacco, and, even with Jackson’s struggles as a passer, they dropped him like a hot potato after the season was over. Why? Because he’s bad as a starting QB. That’s why.

  4. #3079
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,843
    Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    Pressures, hits, pick your stat. None of them support the narrative that the OL is a bigger issue than Flacco, and certainly doesn’t support the notion that they are to blame for his poor play.
    Denver is the 11th worst team in sack rate, and tied for 17th in QB hits, despite having the QB who has the 6th fastest time to throw. The offense which is just very similar to SF, has a eerily similar QB metrics, but our OL is way worse in all the categories. The 49ers are undefeated, and we are 2-4.

  5. #3080
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Denver is the 11th worst team in sack rate, and tied for 17th in QB hits, despite having the QB who has the 6th fastest time to throw. The offense which is just very similar to SF, has a eerily similar QB metrics, but our OL is way worse in all the categories. The 49ers are undefeated, and we are 2-4.
    The 49ers also have an absolutely monstrous defense. Like we're talking outrageously good. Sound familiar?

  6. #3081
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    Note that he didnt take his spot back and the improvement of the ravens offense, a better QB has a strange way of doing that
    That improvement wasn’t evident in the playoffs.

  7. #3082
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    That improvement wasn’t evident in the playoffs.
    You said the word playoffs and need not say anymore. Playoffs

  8. #3083
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    The 49ers also have an absolutely monstrous defense. Like we're talking outrageously good. Sound familiar?
    Our defense is good as well

  9. #3084
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Denver's OL isn't helping Flacco much.
    (Like QB's before him)

    Do you think Flacco would perform better behind Dallas' OL?
    If so, maybe that's his current potential.
    The pass protection is average. The running game is above average. An average QB would probably be getting average or better results with this offense. If a QB needs a great OL to be passable, he’s just bad. That’s the truth.

  10. #3085
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Our defense is good as well
    Not that good, if it were we wouldnt have lost against the bears and jags. If we had the 49ers D we too would actually have a winning record and perhaps only lost the packers game but its all theoretical

  11. #3086
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,843
    Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    The pass protection is average. The running game is above average. An average QB would probably be getting average or better results with this offense. If a QB needs a great OL to be passable, he’s just bad. That’s the truth.
    Statistics show, it is in fact below average in pass protection.

  12. #3087
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    Not that good, if it were we wouldnt have lost against the bears and jags. If we had the 49ers D we too would actually have a winning record and perhaps only lost the packers game but its all theoretical
    They haven't allowed a TD in 9 quarters, and are two terribly called roughing calls from 4-2.

  13. #3088
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Denver is the 11th worst team in sack rate, and tied for 17th in QB hits, despite having the QB who has the 6th fastest time to throw. The offense which is just very similar to SF, has a eerily similar QB metrics, but our OL is way worse in all the categories. The 49ers are undefeated, and we are 2-4.
    So is it your position that being a statue in the pocket doesn’t make it much harder to protect a QB? In my opinion Flacco’s 0 score in athleticism or even basic pocket movement with his feet makes him probably the easiest QB in the league to sack. I mean you get that the league is full of guys who are paid to sack the QB right? It’s not easy to protect a slug like Flacco, not even remotely.

  14. #3089
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Statistics show, it is in fact below average in pass protection.
    No they don’t. Sorry.

  15. #3090
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,843
    Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    So is it your position that being a statue in the pocket doesn’t make it much harder to protect a QB? In my opinion Flacco’s 0 score in athleticism or even basic pocket movement with his feet makes him probably the easiest QB in the league to sack. I mean you get that the league is full of guys who are paid to sack the QB right? It’s not easy to protect a slug like Flacco, not even remotely.
    Statistics show you are wrong again, and he is not the easiest QB to sack. The offense runs quick developing routes, and gets the ball out fast. Yet the OL still is sub par in pass pro, and one of the more highly penalized teams in terms of holding being the 4th worst in the league. Flacco's lack of mobility may play a part, but the inability to sustain blocks is what's holding the offense back even moreso.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •