Page 232 of 234 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 3504

Thread: Flacco

  1. #3466
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    In the presser late last week Elway said Tim Patrick will be the first off IR. He said Riddick, Butt and Lock will be a week to week decision.

    Im not expecting to see Lock take a regular season snap. Maybe a loss to the Browns will change Elways mind but I doubt it.
    Im going to go way out on a limb and expect the FO and coaching staff to be stubborn and stick with the Were only a couple plays away and Flacco gives us the best chance to win narrative.

    I thought it was kind of weird that he announced Patrick out of the blue last week. It wasnt necessary at all. It also sent a message like their out to boost the offense and Lock wasnt a high priority.

    Id be much more interested in watching Lock loom like a rookie than watching Flacco look like a washed up mercenary.

  2. #3467
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    132
    Looks like my last post was deleted. I probably deserve an infraction as well. So, I will dilute it. Our current QB shows no desire to be here, he is simply here for a paycheck. No energy, no fire, NO veteran leadership (which he was brought here to do). Cant' wait till there is a change, hopefully as soon as Lock is back. At least there will be some energy in the QB position and a player who will lay his life out on the line for the team. Then I see this QB has the gall to criticize the coaching staff for not throwing the ball late in the game!! His quote, "It looks like we are playing scared to lose". We're 2-6, I dont think we are scared to lose. To put it mildly, I can't wait till this QB is off of our roster. He doesn't deserve a Bronco jersey.

  3. #3468
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    The more the losses pile up, the harder it is to justify keeping Lock on IR.
    It should be hard to justify keeping Bolles on the field but they stick with him. It should be hard to justify a lot of decisions with the Broncos. I dont think well see Lock until the last two to three weeks of the season, if at all. Flacco is the guy he wanted and hell ride him to another losing season.

  4. #3469
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,434
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Im going to go way out on a limb and expect the FO and coaching staff to be stubborn and stick with the Were only a couple plays away and Flacco gives us the best chance to win narrative.

    I thought it was kind of weird that he announced Patrick out of the blue last week. It wasnt necessary at all. It also sent a message like their out to boost the offense and Lock wasnt a high priority.

    Id be much more interested in watching Lock loom like a rookie than watching Flacco look like a washed up mercenary.
    Id be more interested in watching Brandon Allen at this point. Not preparing Lock to play is negligence for the future of the franchise. It would be difficult to fully assess Lock with 5-6 games, but it would give the Broncos an idea of what they have to work with. At a minimum Lock would have live action experience and film to work with in the off season.

    Maybe a loss to the Browns will prompt a change in direction.

  5. #3470
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Id be more interested in watching Brandon Allen at this point. Not preparing Lock to play is negligence for the future of the franchise. It would be difficult to fully assess Lock with 5-6 games, but it would give the Broncos an idea of what they have to work with. At a minimum Lock would have live action experience and film to work with in the off season.

    Maybe a loss to the Browns will prompt a change in direction.
    I completely agree that failing to give Lock significant playing time would negligent. Yet thats what I expect because thats the M.O around here.

    Even if the kid completely fails, it gives them some insight on their drafting strategy. Seriously, its time to go with the young franchise QB approach. If Lock is just too much of a project, then drafting a QB high in the draft should be a priority. If Lock shows some ability to be a mainstay starter, then they have many more options in the draft.

    Evaluating the QB position is a major issue. I really dont see how this FO can go into this offseason without a clear picture of what we have in Lock.

    That said, I suspect they will hide him on IR and well go into the offseason with another big question mark at QB.

  6. #3471
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14,535
    The last play pretty much sums up Flacco this year. Moves up in the pocket and does nothing but stand around. Guess he figured the defense is just going to continue to work up field and not try to get to his new location. Add in the fumble because any timeclock in his head clearly isn't working. He is playing like a rookie out there and that isn't acceptable for a vet with that many years in the league.

    Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

  7. #3472
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,364
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    The last play pretty much sums up Flacco this year. Moves up in the pocket and does nothing but stand around. Guess he figured the defense is just going to continue to work up field and not try to get to his new location. Add in the fumble because any timeclock in his head clearly isn't working. He is playing like a rookie out there and that isn't acceptable for a vet with that many years in the league.
    Its painful to watch. I wanted to throw my tv against the wall knowing thats what he was gonna do.

  8. #3473
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,454
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    The last play pretty much sums up Flacco this year. Moves up in the pocket and does nothing but stand around. Guess he figured the defense is just going to continue to work up field and not try to get to his new location. Add in the fumble because any timeclock in his head clearly isn't working. He is playing like a rookie out there and that isn't acceptable for a vet with that many years in the league.
    That play continued his streak of throwing an interception and/or fumbling in every game this year!

  9. #3474
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,941
    But Flacco is in his prime!

  10. #3475
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,494
    Flacco to miss week 9, lets hope Scangerello opens the playbook and we can put some points on the board with Allen.

  11. #3476
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I’d be more interested in watching Brandon Allen at this point. Not preparing Lock to play is negligence for the future of the franchise. It would be difficult to fully assess Lock with 5-6 games, but it would give the Broncos an idea of what they have to work with. At a minimum Lock would have live action experience and film to work with in the off season.

    Maybe a loss to the Browns will prompt a change in direction.
    agreed...I don't buy the narrative that playing him with a bad oline could hurt him...ya if hes the weak minded type that a little difficulty gonna ruin his career...id kinda wanna know that

    but if hes the smart, athletic, QB with a gunslinger mentaility, then its only gonna help him

  12. #3477
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,043
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    agreed...I don't buy the narrative that playing him with a bad oline could hurt him...ya if hes the weak minded type that a little difficulty gonna ruin his career...id kinda wanna know that

    but if hes the smart, athletic, QB with a gunslinger mentaility, then its only gonna help him
    Hey look, we finally agree again! It's good being back on the same side of life.

    If lock is going to be our future, he's going to be fine with this line. Additionally this line isn't nearly what people have made it out to be. We'll see that this well sans the statute formally inform as our starting qb.


  13. #3478
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,043
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Flacco to miss week 9, let’s hope Scangerello opens the playbook and we can put some points on the board with Allen.
    I think pretty much everyone would enjoy that at this point.


  14. #3479
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,315
    Has "Joe Cool" played his last game as a Bronco?

  15. #3480
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Has "Joe Cool" played his last game as a Bronco?


    I Sure Hope So.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •