Page 38 of 198 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Thread: Flacco

Hey why don't we ask Golden state can we get KD to come play qb is since is so stupidly in love with tall qbs. Dumb move
    To people saying flack had no one to throw to is blah.

Again I say who did brady, breed, network, Wilson, dak, have to throw to and please dont say cooper for dak bc cooper was sucking in la.

The thing is great qbs elevate players games and that's not flacco "imo" worst move. Elway could have waited but he didn't. Behind out line you gonna put a statue with 2 wrs coming off rookie season and Sanders "vet" season ending injury and no t.e. good luck but on the bright side 3 straight years with a top 10 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    AGAIN...Trading for Flacco,worst move ever.
    125-1??? Guess I'll be putting a couple bucks down on that bet LOL, if a miracle does happen that would be a sweet payout

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Itís has little to do with Hogan and everything to do with Flacco being one of the worst QBs in the league, whether it be due to ability or injuries. If Hogan is our backup, I donít see why it is hard to believe he may end up starting if Flacco starts to struggle.
    because I have seen him play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Hey why don't we ask Golden state can we get KD to come play qb is since is so stupidly in love with tall qbs. Dumb move
    To people saying flack had no one to throw to is blah.

Again I say who did brady, breed, network, Wilson, dak, have to throw to and please dont say cooper for dak bc cooper was sucking in la.

The thing is great qbs elevate players games and that's not flacco "imo" worst move. Elway could have waited but he didn't. Behind out line you gonna put a statue with 2 wrs coming off rookie season and Sanders "vet" season ending injury and no t.e. good luck but on the bright side 3 straight years with a top 10 pick.
    This is just flat wrong.

People always try to say Brady has no weapons. Edelman is nearly uncoverable and Gronk when healthy is the best tight end in the league. He may not have very good receivers after that but Iím sick of people acting like those two arenít beasts.

Breeís has arguable the best wr in the entire league in Michael Thomas. I canít take anyone seriously in the discussion when trying to act like Michael Thomas is a nobody.

Wilson has some talented wr in Doug Baldwin and Tyler Locket. Baldwin was injured a lot this year but normally is a good wr. Seattleís problem is oline not people to throw too.

You really have to come up with better examples to try to prove your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Melemele View Post
    I'm a Baltimore boy - a former Ravens fan (with the departure of Flacco - now a Denver fan). I have watched Flacco his entire career -every game.

He has been misused and abused by the team and his coaches (Harbaugh) for most of his career. He has never been given competent receivers. And he hasn't had a competent offensive line in years.

Except for 2014 with Kubiak the Ravens have never played aggressive offense football. The Ravens have been calling a dink and dunk offensive game plan ever since Kubiak left. The Ravens offensive line is and has been atrocious. Joe Flacco is not a West Coast type quarterback. Joe is best in the pocket throwing down field.

Joe is the only quarterback that I know who has beaten Brady in New England in the playoffs - and he did it twice. He would have done it a third time but Lee Evans dropped a touchdown in the 2011 AFC championship game in New England (that he hand in his hands in the endzone) with seconds to go after Joe drove the Ravens down the field with what would have been a game winning drive. That cost Joe a playoff win in New England and a trip to the Superbowl in 2011 (the year before 2012 when they went to the Superbowl and won it).. He would have done it a 4th time (in 2014) but the Ravens pissed away two different 14 point leads.

Look at the 2014 playoff game against New England (with Kubiak calling the offense). Joe gave the Ravens two different 14 point leads during that game only to have Harbaugh and the Ravens fritter it way with a non aggressive prevent defense. Joe did all he could - and the Ravens pissed it away. That's been the story in Baltimore for the last five year. Joe gets them the lead (often with 4th quarter comebacks) and Harbaugh steps off the gas and the Ravens defense loses the game.

The Ravens missed the playoffs in both 2016 and 2017 on (literally) the last play of each of those games - when the Ravens defense collapsed. In both of those game Joe brought them back into the lead with 4th quarter drives. So basically (if you count 2016 and 2017 - when the post season appearance was lost by the Ravens defense) - in Joe's first 10 years (not counting 2018) Joe took the Ravens to six post season appearances - eight if you count 2016 and 2017 when the Ravens defense cost them the game. So 8 of 10 years the Ravens were (or could have been) in the playoffs. One of the other two years Joe went down with an ACL tear.

If Denver uses Joe correctly - Joe will take Denver to the post season and maybe a Superbowl. Its all up to Denver (my new team)
    Reading this gives me some hope. Good post, but still not sold on the move....

More importantly, if we don't improve our offensive line, Elway himself could be QB and we would still suck. The line really needs to improve. It will benefit Flacco, as well as Lindsey and Freeman.

If Flacco plays well this year, and we make the playoffs, Elway is a genius! I am not worried about the O-line because we got a great o-line coach on staff now.
    I think all the naysayers will be pleasantly surprised, and will be all cheering for #5 and buying Jerseys, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Dumervile had some nice words.

Ouch, but there is truth in there.

Desperate on one hand, willing to make a change in the other...

Doom's high praise for Flacco was pretty backhanded too. Sounds like someone's still upset he couldn't send a fax.
    And just like that, Doom sacked another QB.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Flacco was just beat out by a rookie with little passing abilities. What were the Ravens once Flacco was benched? 6-1?
    he wasn't benched he was injured, but I'll give you a B for effort...

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    125-1??? Guess I'll be putting a couple bucks down on that bet LOL, if a miracle does happen that would be a sweet payout
    Right? Might as well drop some cash down on those odds.

Last year, towards the end of the season our running game got really shut down. Why? Because who in their right freaking mind would respect a deep ball from Case Keenum's noodle arm? I don't like this trade, but Flacco can bomb it deep all day. He doesn't need to be the greatest QB this team has seen to be effective, he needs to be able to throw it deep to sutton and keep defenses honest so they don't shut down Lindsay and Freeman.

Everyone wants to knock on Flacco for not being good, and I agree to an extent. I've seen so many people say that his playoff record wasn't his doing, it was Ray Rice's. Correct to an extent, but having a guy with a cannon arm to keep the defenses from stacking the box is why Ray Rice was able to do what he did.

If Flacco's still got a cannon (yet to be determined) our run game can carry the load.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Last year, towards the end of the season our running game got really shut down. Why? Because who in their right freaking mind would respect a deep ball from Case Keenum's noodle arm? I don't like this trade, but Flacco can bomb it deep all day. He doesn't need to be the greatest QB this team has seen to be effective, he needs to be able to throw it deep to sutton and keep defenses honest so they don't shut down Lindsay and Freeman.

Everyone wants to knock on Flacco for not being good, and I agree to an extent. I've seen so many people say that his playoff record wasn't his doing, it was Ray Rice's. Correct to an extent, but having a guy with a cannon arm to keep the defenses from stacking the box is why Ray Rice was able to do what he did.

If Flacco's still got a cannon (yet to be determined) our run game can carry the load.
    Iím actually not as bummed about the mood because itís Flacco. Though thatís part of it.

Iím more skeptical of our oline and young wr core. They are going to have to grow and improve a ton for it to matter whether Flacco can turn back the clock or not. I just donít really believe yet that those facets can help us get an 80% Flacco let alone 100%. And I donít think he is good enough to mask those facets of our roster.

Iíll still be patient and see how Elway handles free agency and the draft. If both are played well I can get a little more on board with the move. But Elway better get a new LT either in FA or draft. Because if we go into 2019 with Bolles at LT then I donít expect Flacco to improve us at all.

Iím not happy but time will tell. Maybe Iíll eat crow by November. Which I wonít have a problem doing.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I’m actually not as bummed about the mood because it’s Flacco. Though that’s part of it.

I’m more skeptical of our oline and young wr core. They are going to have to grow and improve a ton for it to matter whether Flacco can turn back the clock or not. I just don’t really believe yet that those facets can help us get an 80% Flacco let alone 100%. And I don’t think he is good enough to mask those facets of our roster.

I’ll still be patient and see how Elway handles free agency and the draft. If both are played well I can get a little more on board with the move. But Elway better get a new LT either in FA or draft. Because if we go into 2019 with Bolles at LT then I don’t expect Flacco to improve us at all.

I’m not happy but time will tell. Maybe I’ll eat crow by November. Which I won’t have a problem doing.
    I think we're going to be ok. We got Mike Nunchucks. the o-line's gonna be good. I am a little concerned with our WR core because I think Manny's as good as gone honestly. I don't know how comfortable I am with a bunch of second year players. We need Elway to bring in a seasoned vet to anchor our WR core should Manny leave town.

It's too early to be overly concerned about this season yet though. We still have draft and free agency to happen and a whole lot can go down between now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I think we're going to be ok. We got Mike Nunchucks. the o-line's gonna be good. I am a little concerned with our WR core because I think Manny's as good as gone honestly. I don't know how comfortable I am with a bunch of second year players. We need Elway to bring in a seasoned vet to anchor our WR core should Manny leave town.

It's too early to be overly concerned about this season yet though. We still have draft and free agency to happen and a whole lot can go down between now and then.
    I would feel more comfortable about letting Manny walk if he uses the savings to nab AB. And would also feel better about Flacco giving him that weapon along with Sutton and Patrick.

I still worry about Lt but like you said we will have to wait and see Elways plan for that. Though at least with Bolles itís more holdings than blindside hits to Flaccoís back.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    This is just flat wrong.

People always try to say Brady has no weapons. Edelman is nearly uncoverable and Gronk when healthy is the best tight end in the league. He may not have very good receivers after that but Iím sick of people acting like those two arenít beasts.

Breeís has arguable the best wr in the entire league in Michael Thomas. I canít take anyone seriously in the discussion when trying to act like Michael Thomas is a nobody.

Wilson has some talented wr in Doug Baldwin and Tyler Locket. Baldwin was injured a lot this year but normally is a good wr. Seattleís problem is oline not people to throw too.

You really have to come up with better examples to try to prove your point.
    Nice checkmate move 😁