Page 47 of 232 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147 ... LastLast

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I agree, we will end up 8-8 or 9-7 and be out of the Fromm or Tua race which is why they need to take the QB this draft....imo
    I wouldn’t say that makes us out on Fromm. It just increases the cost of a trade up. But for all you know the top 5 picks next year could be again teams who don’t need a qb. So it’s trade to the highest bidder.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    How you treat players currently/recently on your roster may very well affect future free agent signings.

It doesn’t necessarily matter how those players were acquired.

If the Broncos cut Flacco in August and free agent players think he’s better than whoever ends being the starter, they might choose to go elsewhere, if the money is close. The ones that already signed that are on a one year deal, might not prioritize re-signing, if that becomes an option.
    Agree to disagree. It’s a business and it happens all the time on every team. Players know this.

If we cut Flacco it will have 0 bearing on free agents.

I think it's pretty telling that all of the Baltimore fans coming to this board predict good things.

Re-read Freyaka's post up above. He and Sam pretty much nail it. Flacco gives us flexibility and options. We don't have to reach for a rookie QB and rush him onto the field. We can cut him at any time. He's an upgrade over Keenum because he forces team to respect the deep ball, which will do massive things for our run game.

And how nervous are people to face Flacco in the post-season? Very.

Quote Originally Posted by Oust_Elway View Post
    Ha...I could say the same thing for everyone else in this thread. 👍

I’m a bitter fan I admit. I just think Broncos need to rebuild and the longer they keep holding on to this idea of “competing now” it postpones the time when they can actually get back to competing for a championship. Tying up another 10 million in the QB position next year with another below-average QB doesn’t make sense to me.
    Well, quite frankly, none of us has any idea how Flacco will perform. He could be better, worse, or the same, using his career numbers as a benchmark. I don't think anyone on this message board was jumping for joy when Flacco was announced, but folks retain cautious optimism. To each their own...but why just assume that Flacco will be a flaming train-wreck of a disaster? We'll know what we have when the season starts. If he's a flaming train-wreck of a disaster at that time, I'll be happy to agree with you.

As other posters have mentioned, he's obviously a bridge and (in my opinion) an upgrade over Keenum. Fingers crossed we draft our future franchise QB, and Joe gives us "decent" numbers until we can transition over.

We all have our own perspective...but none of us has any clue how any of this will unfold. For some, the sky is falling, for others, there's hope...until such time when hope is fumbled away.

Quote Originally Posted by Oust_Elway View Post
    Ha...why is it short sighted? What great benefit does Joe Flacco bring? You think we’re going to magically compete with two
    12-4 teams in this division now that we got a QB who’s 6 years past his prime? Now we can go 8-8 instead of 6-10 and have the 18th pick in 2020 instead of the 10th? So now we can’t trade up for Fromm or Tua and we’re further off from competing than what we would have been if we just stuck with keenum.
    Yes short sighted....

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    I think it's pretty telling that all of the Baltimore fans coming to this board predict good things.

Re-read Freyaka's post up above. He and Sam pretty much nail it. Flacco gives us flexibility and options. We don't have to reach for a rookie QB and rush him onto the field. We can cut him at any time. He's an upgrade over Keenum because he forces team to respect the deep ball, which will do massive things for our run game.

And how nervous are people to face Flacco in the post-season? Very.
    Yea, if we get to the post season, Flacco's basically the anti-Manning. average in the regular season, goes ape in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    How you treat players currently/recently on your roster may very well affect future free agent signings.

It doesn’t necessarily matter how those players were acquired.

If the Broncos cut Flacco in August and free agent players think he’s better than whoever ends up being the starter, they might choose to go elsewhere, if the money is close. The ones that already signed that are on a one year deal, might not prioritize re-signing, if that becomes an option.
    It happens all the time. Look at Bradford and the eagles, glennon and the bears, us and sanchez. Teams bring in a guy with intentions of being the guy, but if something else comes in and fits better, they roll with that. If after camp Flacco isn't starting. He's not going to be on the roster and it will have zero impact on future signings.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    CP’s are a good way to show people you like what they post.
    I cant cp . I use my phone . But heres to you Sam CP sir lol

It is Not "if we get to the playoffs" we are going to the playoffs this year!
    We don't have just another "Ordinary Joe" at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    It is Not "if we get to the playoffs" we are going to the playoffs this year!
    We don't have just another "Ordinary Joe" at QB.
    He was referenced as Joe Cool In Baltimore during the playoffs!
    Let’s give him the chance to return to that form in Denver!

I have a strong feeling that Terrell Suggs will join him soon! If Suggs believes in him the do should everyone else!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yea, if we get to the post season, Flacco's basically the anti-Manning. average in the regular season, goes ape in the playoffs.
    Right. Peyton Manning was 186-79 in the regular season and 14-13 in the playoffs. Joe Flacco is 96-67 in the regular season and 10-5 in the playoffs.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

It happens all the time. Look at Bradford and the eagles, glennon and the bears, us and sanchez. Teams bring in a guy with intentions of being the guy, but if something else comes in and fits better, they roll with that. If after camp Flacco isn't starting. He's not going to be on the roster and it will have zero impact on future signings.
    Don't forget the Seahawks and Matt Flynn. He was handed a big contract and the starting job, and then a rookie 3rd round pick took the starting job from him in camp. that didn't hurt the Seahawks and their trajectory at all.

At the end of the day players want money and then they want to win, if a different QB gives them the best chance to win and they get good money they will sign in Denver. They may feel bad for Flacco, but business is business.

Can we sign Kaep now?

It really feels good to have a Starting NFL QB again
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I'd almost rather have that, TBH.

Strong defense and running game can get us to the playoffs. The Flacco deep ball should keep them from stacking the box.

Especially with a coaching staff that's strong on discipline, preparation, and Xs and Os.

Here's hoping we get to see Joe go nuts in the post-season this year.