Page 5 of 202 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Flacco

Worst move ever.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    How much of Flacco's contract does Baltimore have to eat? Surely we dont take on the rest of his salary???
    Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    I am pretty sure most of it outside of signing bonus ... but I think schefter said something about a renegotiated contract for flacco.
    Espn says Ravens will eat $16.4 mil in dead cap in 2019. And Flacco has no remaining gaurantees after that.

Iím not sure of deatails yet but itís possible we only owe Flacco $2mil in 2019 and nothing after that.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    This almost gaurantees Elway takes Lock at 10 with Flacco we the veteran bridge for a year.

Unlike those assuming it means we can now take a better talented position elsewhere at 10.
    We sure as hell better draft a QB....Flacco's a 1-2 year bridge ONLY he's got too much age on him. He may not even make it through THIS season much less next...

He actually isnít. Keenum was 29th out of 33 in the league in QB rating. Flacco was 28th. And by a very small margin.

Also the espn article says since winning the SB in 2012 Flacco is

34th or 35th in the league out of 36 QBs in

1. TD-int ratio
    2. 1st down %
    3. Yards per att

It could actually be easily argued that Flacco is actually a downgrade from Keenum.
    Keenum is the worst QB in the league.

What people fail to realize is I believe Fangio and co have a plan in place for exactly what kind of team they want to be. We never had a real identity with Joseph.
    Fangio wants to run the football, control the clock, play sound defense, and win a bunch of 17-10 games. As this years Super Bowl showed us, this is still the winning formula in the NFL most of the time.
    Flacco excels at exactly that. He is proven in the playoffs and if we can give him a solid offensive line, good running game, and good defense he will be a winning stop gap for a year or two. And guys, it cost a 4tb round pick it sounds like. If he re-structures his deal and we have him for 15-20 million a year this may be exactly what we need. Trust the process, I kind of like the deal but still want a young franchise type guy we can groom.

Espn says Ravens will eat $16.4 mil in dead cap in 2019. And Flacco has no remaining gaurantees after that.

I’m not sure of deatails yet but it’s possible we only owe Flacco $2mil in 2019 and nothing after that.
    If that is true then I am okay with the trade... thats a bargain for a starting QB, even if its just a 1 year bridge.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

While I'm not super thrilled, at face value this could be a better situation for the team. At the very least, Flacco will push the ball down the field a bit more. I don't hate Keenum, but he makes reads at a glacial pace. This isn't a solution, but an attempt to eek out 1-3 more wins. I bet the plan is to draft either corner or o-line with the first pick and get a qb later in the draft. Who we have at qb won't matter until we can successfully block.

I’m not sure of deatails yet but it’s possible we only owe Flacco $2mil in 2019 and nothing after that.
    If that is the case this actually isn't a stupid move at all. Our coaching staff has worked with Flacco. This amount of $ is pretty small really.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Keenum is the worst QB in the league.
    I donít like the guy but rating wise he technically isnít.

And based on those stats provided above it could be argued Flacco is worse.

Itís debatable when we discuss which team had worse talent around them on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Yet still costing the team cap space.
    Glass half full, keeping case is 19 mill on cap
    Cutting him increases the cap 11 mill

From what I understand, he'll count $18 mil towards cap this year.... We can cut him next year with no dead money, if we don't cut him I believe it's $20M

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    He better draft a QB, I honestly dont know how I would react if I had to watch Flacco for the next 3 or 4 years. I've never liked him as a starting QB, I thought he rode the coattails of a great defense and running game
    It is a good move, Joe should be good for a year or Two? We can trade Casey Keesum to Tampa Bay, and draft a QB.

I don’t like the guy but rating wise he technically isn’t.

And based on those stats provided above it could be argued Flacco is worse.

It’s debatable when we discuss which team had worse talent around them on offense.
    The thing to keep in mind...Flacco hasn't had wide receivers in a hot minute. They've been GAAARBAGE for years. Their FO doesn't know how to find WR talent.

I am not for this trade. Flacco's an okay QB, but all he is is a temporary band-aid, not a QB that can be here a while. I was hoping we would take a QB like Haskins to be our guy for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    If that is true then I am okay with the trade... thats a bargain for a starting QB, even if its just a 1 year bridge.
    Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    If that is the case this actually isn't a stupid move at all. Our coaching staff has worked with Flacco. This amount of $ is pretty small really.
    So my brother just said apparently their dead cap is bonuses still owed to him or something like that. Not base salary.

So we may still be on the hook for a larger amount. Probably wonít be clear until the trade is official and we get full details.

But he also said he read that if Keenum is signed to a new team some of his $10mil dead cap will go down. Which helps.