Page 50 of 202 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I dont know who it was that sent me a PM about going on the full site desktop mode to be able to use the CP feature but thank you . However it will not open for me . Everytime I hit the message section by my profile it hits the search button instead.
    What type of phone are you using?

If on iPhone, Click the arrow

In the drop down screen click desktop

Then click the back button

Then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click full site

You should now be on the desktop
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 02-17-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oust_Elway View Post
    Manning was great while he was here. Well 2012-2014 anyway. It was a great ride....but to answer your question, no, it still wasnít quite the same as the Elway years. Thatís for me personally. I know others might disagree but thereís something about having your own guy who grows up professionally on your team.

Itís hard to evaluate QB talent and Lynch was such a colossal miss. But that doesnít mean you can stop trying and just go with whatever veteran is available, improve some peices on the defense and cross your fingers. Weíll see how it goes. I donít think Broncos draft a QB. Itís all Flacco. ďThere is no plan B.Ē
    The answer to your question is no. The Broncos have Drafted 42 QBs over their history. Only one turned out to be anything. So, if you go by those odds, Elway has a 1 in 42 chance of getting anything worth while by Drafting a QB in a pathetic year for college QBs. Elway has been bitten on the keester twice with early Round QB picks in Lynch and Osweiler. Those Picks severely damaged the talent level on this team. And he hit a home run with an injured Manning who was coming off 4 neck surgeries, and year on the bench because he was too injured to play.

Saying that you "don't stop trying" is absurd. Albert Einstein's definition of "Insanity" is doing the same thing, over and over, expecting different results. With the pickup of Flacco, Elway proved that he isn't insane.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    The answer to your question is no. The Broncos have Drafted 42 QBs over their history. Only one turned out to be anything. So, if you go by those odds, Elway has a 1 in 42 chance of getting anything worth while by Drafting a QB in a pathetic year for college QBs. Elway has been bitten on the keester twice with early Round QB picks in Lynch and Osweiler. Those Picks severely damaged the talent level on this team. And he hit a home run with an injured Manning who was coming off 4 neck surgeries, and year on the bench because he was too injured to play.

Saying that you "don't stop trying" is absurd. Albert Einstein's definition of "Insanity" is doing the same thing, over and over, expecting different results. With the pickup of Flacco, Elway proved that he isn't insane.
    Haha...so just give up on ever getting a solid QB in the draft? Thatís your answer?

Nothing says super bowl like a QB whoís been declining for 6 straight years and was replaced with an RB.

Manning was an anomely. Never happen again. The crazy thing is thinking it will.

So Cheifs were crazy for taking Mahomes? Eagles crazy for taking Wentz? Texans with Watson? How about the Browns last year with Mayfield? All those crazy teams taking first round QBís. What were they thinking?

Haha...stop.

Ok, hereís another part that bugs me. Say this all works out and Broncos are competitive next year. Iím skeptical but who knows. Thereís still part of it that bugs me when we are taking on a QB who has played his entire career with another franchise. We havenít cheered for Flacco since the beginning. As fans, we have no history with him in the league. We know who he is but we havenít gone through the ups and downs of his career like we did with Elway. Isnít that what made Super Bowl 32 so special? That was the pinnacle of a career and my peak as a Broncos fan personally. I want our guy. Iím hoping that Elway and company are focusing on 2020 at the very least. I hope itís not a strategy where we just bring in an aging veteran and take another shot every year. Iím perfectly OK going through the growing pains of a rookie if that means heís our guy for the next 15 years.
    Why would we have cheered for Flacco? He was on a rival's team. I've followed his career because I live close to Baltimore. Ravens are my most disliked team. I did not want Flacco on our team. I still don't but I'm willing to see how he does. Like with every player on the team, I'll support them because they're a Bronco.

What else can I do? Go be a fan of another team? Won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyT View Post
    NP, my pleasure.

After a decent start to the season the reasons for the Ravens on and off sputtering offense were simple......poor O line play and no, I mean zero run game.
    Welcome to the MB! Thanks for your input.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Why would we have cheered for Flacco? He was on a rival's team. I've followed his career because I live close to Baltimore. Ravens are my most disliked team. I did not want Flacco on our team. I still don't but I'm willing to see how he does. Like with every player on the team, I'll support them because they're a Bronco.

What else can I do? Go be a fan of another team? Won't happen.

Welcome to the MB! Thanks for your input.
    Thatís pretty much how I feel. Iím just bitter about it. Much rather see that extra money going to Paradis or another player we can lock down longterm, stick with keenum, get our guy this year or 2020 depending on who they evaluate to be the best prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post

I I don’t agree with his opinion at all however the statement that you have just made is absurd. That definition of insanity does not apply to everything in life. I mean really you don’t stop looking for a cure for cancer until you find it. You don’t stop working toward a goal until you accomplish that goal. I am under the impression that you draft a quarterback every year until you find the right one. Until you hit, it doesn’t matter where are you draft him, just draft one if you see potential in him.
    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

Haha...so just give up on ever getting a solid QB in the draft? That’s your answer?

Nothing says super bowl like a QB who’s been declining for 6 straight years and was replaced with an RB.

Manning was an anomely. Never happen again. The crazy thing is thinking it will.

So Cheifs were crazy for taking Mahomes? Eagles crazy for taking Wentz? Texans with Watson? How about the Browns last year with Mayfield? All those crazy teams taking first round QB’s. What were they thinking?

Haha...stop.
    Why do your Posts seem so familiar to me. That's a rhetorical question. I'll figure that out.

It's easy to list the names of QBs who have been successful, or were a early Top 5 1st Round Picks, after the fact. Why don't we get YOU on the record for which QB YOU would Draft at #10. And we will see how that works out. I'll save this Thread, and we will come back to it in a year.

"Haha...stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I I don’t agree with his opinion at all however the statement that you have just made is absurd. That definition of insanity does not apply to everything in life. I mean really you don’t stop looking for a cure for cancer until you find it. You don’t stop working toward a goal until you accomplish that goal. I am under the impression that you draft a quarterback every year until you find the right one. Until you hit, it doesn’t matter where are you draft him, just draft one if you see potential in him.
    I'm simply explaining why I believe John Elway signed Joe Flacco instead of throwing the dice for another QB in a terrible year for college QBs where there is only one QB that is regarded as a Top-20 football talent. I'm not saying it is right or wrong. I'm pointing out how I would feel if I were Elway after inheriting Tim Tebow (1st Round bust), drafting Brock Osweiler (2nd Round Bust), and drafting Paxton Lynch (1st Round Bust we moved up for), and what those moves cost the Broncos versus what happened after we signed Peyton Manning.

I am starting to get the feeling in this thread, That some people are not that fond of John Elway or Joe Flacco?

Sam I'm on a galaxy . I tried right where you circled ( full site ) but it wont open

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I am starting to get the feeling in this thread, That some people are not that fond of John Elway or Joe Flacco?
    And yet, Joe Flacco is our QB for 2019, and John Elway is the GM for the foreseeable future. I'd guess it's 50/50 on Flacco, with Elway being supported by 75% of the people on this Thread. If I was so upset about those 2 Facts, I'd probably be spending more time looking for another Team to follow. But, that just comes from someone who has only followed the Broncos since 1968.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I love Elway and I have nothing against Flacco the person, I'm just tired of free agent rentals. I am hoping that we still draft a QB this draft, let Flacco do his thing this year and then cut him next offseason

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I was trying to be facetious.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I dont know who it was that sent me a PM about going on the full site desktop mode to be able to use the CP feature but thank you . However it will not open for me . Everytime I hit the message section by my profile it hits the search button instead.
    See the 3 vertical dots in the very top right hand corner of the pic? Click on them ( if you don't have an iPhone ) when the dropdown menu opens scroll down till you see desktop site and click on that.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Ha....I was quoting Elway but weíre actually in the midst of ďPlan BĒ at the moment. Plan A went out when Lynch proved to be a huge bust.
    One player doesn't change the plan. The plan is to win now and win every game. That is plan A. We all hoped that Lynch would fit into plan A, but he didn't and we moved on with plan A to the best we could, given all the variables. We have a playoff team IMO and if we hit on a QB then plan A will be working on all cylinders.