Page 54 of 219 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 796 to 810 of 3280

Thread: Flacco

  1. #796
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    People seem to assume that a team would trade for Keenum and keep his cap number at $18 million for 2019. I think it's more likely teams trade for him and extend/rework his contract lowering his cap hit and giving them a good backup for several years.

    Regardless of how any of us feel about Keenum starting in Denver, he is still one of the best backups in the league, and if you're a contender with cap room it makes sense to be able to get a backup who has won games in the NFL.
    If a team trades for Keenum, his cap number for the team getting him will be about $7M. He's a damn good backup for $7M. Someone will trade for him and extend him. You can almost bank on that. It's likely going to be one of the three Florida teams. Now getting someone to eat some of his cap, that might require us to give him up for less, but someone's going to be interested in him.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 02-18-2019 at 11:24 AM.


  2. #797
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    18.5 plus Keenum's 10m dead hit for Flacco. Him coming in directly influences the move to dump Keenum, so the money is tied to him.

    It has been reported that it is our own 4th.

    You really want to play that game? That's your argument? Name 4th rounders that have had immense impact? What about 3rd rounders? Or 2nds? Even 1st round picks outside of the top 10? Should we just trade all of our draft picks for fringe improvements at significant cap expense?
    Yea...I wanna play that game because it's a pretty valid point. People are moaning and complaining about a 4th like it's a precious commodity. Most years we don't even have a 4th because we very commonly use them in trades like this one, the years we do, we've drafted backup tier players.

    People look for reasons to complain about everything even when it's not a big deal. A 4th is fair compensation for a veteran QB like Flacco...


  3. #798
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    They traded the asset for a player. Getting a starting QB with a 4th round pick is a good use of the asset.
    A quarterback averaging 16 TD/11 INT per season over the last four years looks more like a backup.

  4. #799
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    No offense, but that's a knee jerk sort of way of looking at. You know as well as I do that Keenum won't be here by the time the season rolls around, so to take his cap hit into account and count it against Flacco is poor math... His dead cap will be less than $10m depending on how we approach the situation and Elway will approach it in the way that nets us the smallest dead cap.

    Keenum was getting cut regardless of if we brought in Flacco or not. All you have to do to know that is listen to the way Elway and the coaching staff were talking about him in a "for now" manner..
    As I said in the post, less if Keenum signs with another team. The odds are heíll sign with another team. When that happens there will still be dead money ranging between $3-10 million. I hope Flacco can improve production. His production has been poor over the last four seasons - no better than Keenum regardless of a ďbetter deep ballĒ.

  5. #800
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    A quarterback averaging 16 TD/11 INT per season over the last four years looks more like a backup.
    Funny how he's started his entire career....


  6. #801
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    One thing Flacco does that Keenum doesn't is execute proper ball placement. I saw him last season toss a perfect 50/50 ball right where the WR needed it to make the play. Keenum cannot do that.... Period.
    Thatís patently false. Keenum may not have made enough plays last season but there were some throws he made with placement right right where the WR needed the ball.

  7. #802
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Funny how he's started his entire career....
    Flacco started after he cleared injury last season? I must have missed that.....
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 02-18-2019 at 12:03 PM.

  8. #803
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    If a team trades for Keenum, his cap number for the team getting him will be about $7M. He's a damn good backup for $7M. Someone will trade for him and extend him. You can almost bank on that. It's likely going to be one of the three Florida teams. Now getting someone to eat some of his cap, that might require us to give him up for less, but someone's going to be interested in him.
    I think the vet minimum is somewhere around 1 million so worst case scenario would be Denver having to pay him the other 6.

  9. #804
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,888
    You cant take one year from a player and say that's them in a nut shell . It's a multitude of seasons. If that was the case PM career equals garbage and Keenum is a franchise Qb. I dont deem a player as a franchise player or a bust because of 1 season.

  10. #805
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    You cant take one year from a player and say that's them in a nut shell . It's a multitude of seasons. If that was the case PM career equals garbage and Keenum is a franchise Qb. I dont deem a player as a franchise player or a bust because of 1 season.
    Looking at Flaccoís last four 16 game seasons (2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017) he averaged 21 TD/16 INT. He hasnít been a very good quarterback. Now thatís not to say he canít play well in 2019. In 2014 he had 27 TD/12 INT. I would take 27 TDs and hoping it happens.

  11. #806
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    That’s patently false. Keenum may not have made enough plays last season but there were some throws he made with placement right right where the WR needed the ball.

    LoL Where did Case place the ball when DT was wide open down the sideline for the Game Winning TD last year? LOL Case missed on that Throw and a Ton Other's Last Year that would of helped this team all Case did was the same thing Trevor and Brock and Lynch did and that was Throw Interceptions to other team hurting the Defense by Turning the Ball over on the 20 Yard Line LOL...

  12. #807
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    You cant take one year from a player and say that's them in a nut shell . It's a multitude of seasons. If that was the case PM career equals garbage and Keenum is a franchise Qb. I dont deem a player as a franchise player or a bust because of 1 season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Looking at Flaccoís last four 16 game seasons (2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017) he averaged 21 TD/16 INT. He hasnít been a very good quarterback. Now thatís not to say he canít play well in 2019. In 2014 he had 27 TD/12 INT. I would take 27 TDs and hoping it happens.
    So your saying hes due lol

  13. #808
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Looking at Flaccoís last four 16 game seasons (2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017) he averaged 21 TD/16 INT. He hasnít been a very good quarterback. Now thatís not to say he canít play well in 2019. In 2014 he had 27 TD/12 INT. I would take 27 TDs and hoping it happens.
    Is it likely he plays that well? No, but it is possible. I'm playing the wait and see game. His best season was in Kubiak's system, we're going to be in a very similar scheme this year (though it'll more closely resemble Shanny Jr/McVay). The impression I get of Scags is he's a smart X's and O's kinda guy and a dedicated student of the game. I feel like it's a good chance he picked up a lot from Shanny Jr in his time with him.

    Flacco in 2014 had Steve Smith, Torrey Smith and Owen Daniels. Kubiak also had Justin Forsett really tearing it up. That was really, the last year he had anything consistent weapon wise, because the next year Steve Smith declined pretty bad and Torrey Smith left for San Fran, plus that was the last year he was in a scheme he was comfortable with. (He's been vocally against Mornhinweg's scheme because he doesn't take nearly the number of shots down field in Mornhinweg's scheme.


  14. #809
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    LoL Where did Case place the ball when DT was wide open down the sideline for the Game Winning TD last year? LOL Case missed on that Throw and a Ton Other's Last Year that would of helped this team all Case did was the same thing Trevor and Brock and Lynch did and that was Throw Interceptions to other team hurting the Defense by Turning the Ball over on the 20 Yard Line LOL...
    The comment was that Keenum cannot toss a perfect 50/50 ball right where the WR needed it to make the play. Thatís simply not true. He certainly missed on a fair number of throws however, itís false to say that he cannot make those throws. He has in fact made those type of throws for completions. Itís fair to say he needed to make more of those plays.

  15. #810
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    That’s patently false. Keenum may not have made enough plays last season but there were some throws he made with placement right right where the WR needed the ball.
    Gonna have to say nope on that... Keenum CONSISTENTLY under threw passes last year. Maybe on short 5-10 yard passes where zero velocity was required, but his ball placement was just flat out awful last season, especially early in the season. Most of his INT's were due to terrible placement of the ball.

    Even if you want to go the "some" route, a blind squirrel occasionally gets a nut or two. Keenum lucks his way into good placement, Flacco does it with some consistency.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •