Page 77 of 232 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 3478

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    He doesn't need to transform himself. He just needs someone to pass the ball to. He will have more support on offense this year and it will show in his numbers. The ravens have such a bad wr group that they plan on running Lamar as part of their system. Numbers and stats are really good if all things are equal. In this instance its not.
    No. That is not a valid excuse. Convenient, sure, but not at all based in reality.

The Ravens had such a bad WR corps that they had 11 less dropped passes than Denver last year. Denver had the 2nd most in the league. If all things are equal, Flacco's performance would have been even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Melemele View Post
    You forgot the following statistics Joe Flacco Case Keenum

Career regular season Won Loss record 96-67 26-28
    Playoff record 10-5 1-1
    Superbowl record 1-0 0-0
    On the road playoff wins 7 (most in NFL history) 0
    Playoff wins against NE in NE 2 0
    Superbowl MVP 1 0
    Career games against AFC North (top defensive opponents) 60+ 0
    Percent total wins of games played 60% 48%
    ARM STRENGTH League top 5 NOODLE

Other than these minor points they are clearly comperable
    Lol what? Surely you're joking. You mean to say career wins and the like are more indicative of a player's current talent than how he individually performed in his last 50 or so games?

Nope. None of those points you attempted to make have any bearing whatsoever on Flacco's current QB ability. Terry Bradshaw outdoes him on all of those, wanna sign him up too?

Really, I wish I had more words to use in describing just how terrible of an argument you attempted to make, but I guess I'm in awe that someone could actually think that way.

Even the arm strength is laughable. Flacco at one point had a top 5 arm, yes, but that has not been the case since ~2015.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    That's all fine and dandy but what has he done in the last 4 or 5 years??? If he doesn't have a superbowl caliber type of defense to bail him out what is he?

His best year was in 2014 he throw for a career high 27 TDs but failed to even surpass 4000 yds passing. He is not a good QB, he cant carry a team and I hope he is only here for 1 year
    I don't think he'll have to do that because this isn't what Elway has been building. He hired a defensive mastermind for HC and the strength of the team is still the defense -they will carry the team supported by a strong rushing attack led by Lindsay on offense. Elway himself had a rocket arm, that's what he likes to see and Flacco can get it down the field unlike Keenum. He's more competent than Keenum, has championship experience, which will count down the stretch.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    What has he done?

Well, he became the Broncos 2019 Starting Quarterback, last Wednesday.
    True. A fact that all Bronco fans should be mourning. No one should celebrate moving from one bottom 10 QB to another.

It is alright though. Flacco is but another speedbump in the road to finding a good QB. Teams go long periods jumping from one terrible QB to the next. The Browns did it from 2000-2018 while they refused to use a top 15 pick on a QB. From Siemien to Keenum to hopefully ending with Flacco being the last, I guess it is just our turn for a few years of terrible QB play. That's the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    No. That is not a valid excuse. Convenient, sure, but not at all based in reality.

The Ravens had such a bad WR corps that they had 11 less dropped passes than Denver last year. Denver had the 2nd most in the league. If all things are equal, Flacco's performance would have been even worse.
    Dropped passes are a grey area. Probably shows JF is more accurate and throws a more catchable ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Melemele View Post
    Let me ask you one question

If you were looking at the future - projecting the next 10 years (I'm not saying Flacco is going to play 10 more years) what would you rather have

1. A .quarterback who consistently threw for over 4000 yards a year OR

2. A quarterback and team that could win 60% of their games (it is afterall a team sport)

This fantasy football crap has distorted reality. I grew up in Baltimore and heard Johnny Unitas interviewed many time - and he ALWAYS responded to questions about achievements with the quote "statistics are for losers". In a team sport like football individual statistics may be useful in contract negotiations and office pools - but the ONLY THING that matters is TEAM WINS. Joe is a WINNER and he always has been. He would have been more of a winner if he had a coach in Baltimore that understood and utilized his talent to the fullest. Unfortunately Baltimore hired the wrong Harbaugh - Jim should be in Baltimore and John in Michigan. Denver should consider itself lucky to have Joe - and time will prove it.
    *reminders*
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

True. A fact that all Bronco fans should be mourning. No one should celebrate moving from one bottom 10 QB to another.

It is alright though. Flacco is but another speedbump in the road to finding a good QB. Teams go long periods jumping from one terrible QB to the next. The Browns did it from 2000-2018 while they refused to use a top 15 pick on a QB. From Siemien to Keenum to hopefully ending with Flacco being the last, I guess it is just our turn for a few years of terrible QB play. That's the NFL.

Geezuz, dude. I realize doom&gloom set in here from the last two seasons, but they're over; VJ, Woods, McCoy and Musgrave are gone, Siemian, Lynch and Keenum are gone, and the reset button has been hit! New coaches, new system, new QB. It's a reset button for Joe too and oftentimes players reinvigorate in a new setting, new system, better support and weapons.

Let's wait and see what actually happens here before having the funeral.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

I'm Happy with the choice, although of all the available QBs, I would have preferred Foles who along with Flacco is a Superbowl winning MVP. Who would you have gone after?

Sorry you disapprove of the choice made by the professionals that run this billion dollar Franchise . But, it's a done deal.

One could whack and hack stats all day long, but the fact is Joe Flacco is a guy that has all of the throws and knows how to win. I fully expect that all of the pessimists on these boards will be pleasently surprised once the season gets going and Joe gets into a rhythm with the new offense. While he’s had some challenges the last 3 or 4 years he is by no means a bottom tier QB.

One of the good things about getting Flacco is, we can have a good debate on the message board.
    (It was pretty quiet on here before)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    One of the good things about getting Flacco is, we can have a good debate on the message board.
    (It was pretty quiet on here before)

not likely because those who are so negative have their minds made up to the point that if flacco does well & the broncos are winning games, they will just say it's in spite of him & not because of him.

but hey whatever...they can be sour grapes bitter beer face or grumpy cat all day every day, boo hoo too bad so sad!

they can go grab some cheese to go with the wine & sit in a corner & pout about it for months...

Signing Flacco makes sense even if his production doesn’t provide an upgrade from Keenum contractually speaking, especially if we take Lock.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 03-16-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Don't you like to watch the games? Has one never surprised you?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Signing Flacco makes sense even if his production doesn’t provide an upgrade from Keenum contractually speaking, especially if we take Lock.
    I agree with this. Gives us an easy out.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyT View Post
    One could whack and hack stats all day long, but the fact is Joe Flacco is a guy that has all of the throws and knows how to win. I fully expect that all of the pessimists on these boards will be pleasently surprised once the season gets going and Joe gets into a rhythm with the new offense. While he’s had some challenges the last 3 or 4 years he is by no means a bottom tier QB.
    What I think you don't understand is, all of us pessimists would love to be surprised. We want to have a winning season with a team we can get behind.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey