Page 78 of 206 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 3083

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    What I think you don't understand is, all of us pessimists would love to be surprised. We want to have a winning season with a team we can get behind.
    In life, it's all about attitude. Some people walk into any situation with a negative "glass-half-empty", pessimistic, and ultimately cynical view of everything. Thank God, most on this Board are knowledgeable, helpful, positive, "solution-oriented" people, who it's a pleasure to interact with. It's easy to tell the difference by asking what THEIR "solution" might be, and listen to the crickets chirping.

Could Flacco fail? He certainly will if the entire team hasn't improved from last season. This is a TEAM sport. He could fall on his face. On the other hand, could Flacco come in and do FOR us what he did to the Broncos 6 months ago when the Broncos traveled to Baltimore? That's the player that I'm hoping for as our Starter in the up-coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by Melemele View Post
    Let me ask you one question

If you were looking at the future - projecting the next 10 years (I'm not saying Flacco is going to play 10 more years) what would you rather have

1. A .quarterback who consistently threw for over 4000 yards a year OR

2. A quarterback and team that could win 60% of their games (it is afterall a team sport)

This fantasy football crap has distorted reality. I grew up in Baltimore and heard Johnny Unitas interviewed many time - and he ALWAYS responded to questions about achievements with the quote "statistics are for losers". In a team sport like football individual statistics may be useful in contract negotiations and office pools - but the ONLY THING that matters is TEAM WINS. Joe is a WINNER and he always has been. He would have been more of a winner if he had a coach in Baltimore that understood and utilized his talent to the fullest. Unfortunately Baltimore hired the wrong Harbaugh - Jim should be in Baltimore and John in Michigan. Denver should consider itself lucky to have Joe - and time will prove it.
    Fantasy football has nothing to do with it. You get mad at Baltimore defense that gives up leads?? Why couldn't the offense put up the necessary points to hold the lead??

If Flacco is down 2 scores in the 4th, do you have the confidence he can make that comeback??...... I don't

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyT View Post
    One could whack and hack stats all day long, but the fact is Joe Flacco is a guy that has all of the throws and knows how to win. I fully expect that all of the pessimists on these boards will be pleasently surprised once the season gets going and Joe gets into a rhythm with the new offense. While hes had some challenges the last 3 or 4 years he is by no means a bottom tier QB.
    I hope you're right and if by week 10 we are holding onto a winning record I will eat a big ole plate of crow. I have watched plenty of Ravens games over the last 10 years and I just cant get excited about this concrete statue behind center.

The Super Bowl was won by a team who ran the ball, played defense, and their qb played from under center, made big plays when needed.
    That is how the broncos are set up for this season. Boring but as the Pats showed effective.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    That's great, give me all the scenarios you want....numbers don't lie. Look at his year by year stats and tell me he's a guy that can take a game over. I believe in his whole career hes only threw for more than 4000 yards just once and only 4 times in his career has he thrown over 20 TDs.
    Philip rivers constantly throws for 4000 yards and always over 20 tds

You can count his post season wins on one hand

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post

2013 broncos offense put up the best stats ever and scored 8 when it mattered.
    Regular season stats are cute but titles are what its all about.

Fantasy football has nothing to do with it. You get mad at Baltimore defense that gives up leads?? Why couldn't the offense put up the necessary points to hold the lead??

If Flacco is down 2 scores in the 4th, do you have the confidence he can make that comeback??...... I don't
    He certainly has a better chance than Keenum, Lock, or Rosen. But, maybe you had some other QB in mind for the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    He certainly has a better chance than Keenum, Lock, or Rosen. But, maybe you had some other QB in mind for the Broncos.
    I'm fine with Flacco for 1 year, I dont want him any more than that.

If all the expectations are for Joe is to just manage than why is he even here? All I hear around here is just let the running game dominate and play complimentary defense.....so why exactly do we need to pay 18 mil for a middle of the road QB? Why not just let a rookie start? Same game plan and 12 mil less

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    not likely because those who are so negative have their minds made up to the point that if flacco does well & the broncos are winning games, they will just say it's in spite of him & not because of him.

but hey whatever...they can be sour grapes bitter beer face or grumpy cat all day every day, boo hoo too bad so sad!

they can go grab some cheese to go with the wine & sit in a corner & pout about it for months...
    I disagree. The pessimists, well me, want a winning season. I do not believe Flacco is the QB we need but If he does good and has a good season...great I'm all for it and good on him. If he and the coaching staff have a great season....9-7 or better.....even better.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

I'm fine with Flacco for 1 year, I dont want him any more than that.

If all the expectations are for Joe is to just manage than why is he even here? All I hear around here is just let the running game dominate and play complimentary defense.....so why exactly do we need to pay 18 mil for a middle of the road QB? Why not just let a rookie start? Same game plan and 12 mil less
    What Qb will help you sleep better ay night

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    What Qb will help you sleep better ay night
    I dont have issues sleeping and I dont stress over football. I just want a young QB to take over and be here for more than just a couple of years, I'm tired of rentals........I sure wouldn't mind Murray, Rosen, Haskins, Lock, Jones or Grier

It's quite simple to me.

Joe Flacco isn't scared
    Case Keenum was

We have an adult real NFL QB taking center now. I'm not saying he's gonna lead the league in any stats ..... but this team needs this

my only reservations are the following.....

The Broncos right now - are at this turning point. From what I've heard - next year's draft is going to have some good QB's. If the Broncos really sucked this year- they might could draft one. Getting Flacco means ........... we're either going to do well enough to make the playoffs OR..... and this is where the reservation comes in ........ will be just good enough to get lousy draft position and not be able to afford that high 1st QB.

So - we were one season away from maybe getting that franchise QB. But maybe we got one this season. Only time will tell
    Last edited by dizzolve; 03-16-2019 at 06:06 PM.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I agree with this. Gives us an easy out.
    When Flacco has a career year and leads us to the playoffs, I want to take up a collection for a #5 jersey for you, and I want you to post a picture of yourself in said Flacco jersey right here on these boards.

Last edited by Capt. Jack; 03-16-2019 at 06:14 PM.

I dont have issues sleeping and I dont stress over football. I just want a young QB to take over and be here for more than just a couple of years, I'm tired of rentals........I sure wouldn't mind Murray, Rosen, Haskins, Lock, Jones or Grier
    We do need to develop a young qb.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 03-16-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post

Oh yeah good point, better avoid ever having a productive QB in that case, right?