Page 80 of 235 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 3524

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Melemele View Post
    I'm one of those detested former Baltimore fans who has followed Joe to Denver. This is what you can get with Flacco if you give him a decent O line, a competent offensive coordinator (in this case Kubiak from 2014) and a couple of guys who can catch the ball:

5 passing TDs in 16 minutes and 3 seconds (the NFL record)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt5v_3KMolg

Joe hasn't had a competent offensive coordinator since Kubiak left - not to mention a lack of competent receivers. Harbaugh is inherently a coach who doesn't want to take risks by playing aggressive MODERN offensive football - THAT IS WHO HE IS. He thinks he's Bo Schmebechler reincarnated. That's why the Ravens drafted Lamar and let Joe go - Harbaugh thinks he can get Lamar to run the ball to the Superbowl.

This is the year (2014) that Joe took the Ravens to the Playoffs, and gave them two (2) 14 point game leads in New England against the Pats - only to watch the Ravens defense fritter the game away when Harbaugh pulled the plug on Kubiak and played not to lose the game.
    Have you seen the broncos offense lately? If your argument is just that joe needed more help then he's in for a rough time in Denver. We had a bottom 10 unit and it wasn't all keenums fault.

Can't exactly build around him either. He's old and had injury concerns recently. If we signed him just to help bring along a young prospect I would be okay with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    Have you seen the broncos offense lately? If your argument is just that joe needed more help then he's in for a rough time in Denver. We had a bottom 10 unit and it wasn't all keenums fault.

Can't exactly build around him either. He's old and had injury concerns recently. If we signed him just to help bring along a young prospect I would be okay with this.
    He isn't a 22 yr old rookie but at 34 he isn't nearly as old as Manning or Elway was when they won Super Bowls, younger than Brady, Roethlisberger, or many other QB's in the NFL. Yes he was injured last season but in todays NFL many people get injured and return nicely. As far as pretecting him, better coaching will help that problem, IMO.
    I have no idea how Flacco will do but neither do anyone else either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    He isn't a 22 yr old rookie but at 34 he isn't nearly as old as Manning or Elway was when they won Super Bowls, younger than Brady, Roethlisberger, or many other QB's in the NFL. Yes he was injured last season but in todays NFL many people get injured and return nicely. As far as pretecting him, better coaching will help that problem, IMO.
    I have no idea how Flacco will do but neither do anyone else either.
    Can't compare joe flacco to Peyton manning or john elway. And the broncos had just gone to the playoffs before peyton was signed and elway was in Denver his whole career.

Iím optimistic about Flacco being an upgrade, I do understand many fans who are not excited though.
    I would love to hear anyone with the courage to give some intelligent ideas of what we could have done besides moving out Keenum and bringing in Flacco.
    A) keep Keenum Draft young QBs
    B) go get Foles
    C) other

Easy to say you donít like the Flacco transaction or want Elway gone but having a solution and thatís why you donít like the move is a better way to sell ones point of view.

I didnít get excited when we first traded for Flacco but i see the overall plan
    1 - Run the ball ( we got munchak coach up our oline)
    2- dominate on defense ( hires a HC who is the best in the biz)
    I just saw that recipe win a Superbowl

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I’m optimistic about Flacco being an upgrade, I do understand many fans who are not excited though.
    I would love to hear anyone with the courage to give some intelligent ideas of what we could have done besides moving out Keenum and bringing in Flacco.
    B) go get Foles
    C) other

Easy to say you don’t like the Flacco transaction or want Elway gone but having a solution and that’s why you don’t like the move is a better way to sell ones point of view.

I didn’t get excited when we first traded for Flacco but i see the overall plan
    how dare you inject common sense into the thread

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    how dare you inject common sense into the thread
    Whatís up Rap!!!!!
    Sorry..... for what itís worth the Raider fans out here in NorCal are walking around like Conor Mcgeegor after they got AB!!!!🤣

I’m optimistic about Flacco being an upgrade, I do understand many fans who are not excited though.
    B) go get Foles
    C) other

Easy to say you don’t like the Flacco transaction or want Elway gone but having a solution and that’s why you don’t like the move is a better way to sell ones point of view.

The Broncos could have done A, but I think Flacco is a better option probably not much better, we'll just have to wait and see. Foles cost more and has not been great anywhere except on the Eagles so he was questionable being the solution, maybe even as questionable as Flacco or Keenum. Other option is maybe being able to trade for Rosen if he can be gotten for no more than a 3rd round, maybe add a mid round next year.
    I imagine the Broncos will still draft a QB, maybe not at 10 but maybe later. I still think if the right QB is there at 10 they will draft him ... it might not be Lock, at this point it is hard to say.
    It will be interesting to see what happens in the draft and next season. I'm on the edge of my seat with all the suspense ... not really.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    The Broncos could have done A, but I think Flacco is a better option probably not much better, we'll just have to wait and see. Foles cost more and has not been great anywhere except on the Eagles so he was questionable being the solution, maybe even as questionable as Flacco or Keenum. Other option is maybe being able to trade for Rosen if he can be gotten for no more than a 3rd round, maybe add a mid round next year.
    I imagine the Broncos will still draft a QB, maybe not at 10 but maybe later. I still think if the right QB is there at 10 they will draft him ... it might not be Lock, at this point it is hard to say.
    It will be interesting to see what happens in the draft and next season. I'm on the edge of my seat with all the suspense ... not really.
    Correct me if Iím wrong but i believe Foles is a great Qb in a Andy Reid coaching tree other than that I donít think heís a great fit, and Elway wants a qb who can play under center.
    I am excited about the draft really want Devin white or Devin Bush.
    Taking Jonah Williams and playing him at guard of TJ Hockenson i wouldnít hate either.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 03-18-2019 at 09:28 AM.

B) go get Foles
    C) other

What frustrates me about it, is Elway seems to think Flacco is the answer judging on his presser...He's not. He's a stop gap bandaid and that's ok, that's what we need for RIGHT NOW. We also need a future QB. I'm afraid that even if the right QB is sitting there at 10 Elway's just going to pass one up YET AGAIN because he's signed his 2019 bandaid...
    Last edited by Freyaka; 03-18-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    What frustrates me about it, is Elway seems to think Flacco is the answer judging on his presser...He's not. He's a stop gap bandaid and that's ok, that's what we need for RIGHT NOW. We also need a future QB. I'm afraid that even if the right QB is sitting there at 10 Elway's just going to pass one up YET AGAIN because he's signed his 2019 bandaid...
    My exact thoughts, frustrating beyond words. We'll see come draft day but my gut tells me he avoids a QB again and it will be another....."well we will just draft our future next year".....and then when next year comes and we dont have a shot at the top targets....."well we will just draft our future next year" ......and the process recycles itself

I can understand why your frustrated. Elway seems like heís accepted that he doesnít know how to find a Qb in he Draft.
    I donít know if you listen to 104.3 the fan but Dmac has a philosophy that Elway is gonna stay for until the end of his contract and then bounce, and drafting another failed Qb is something he doesnít want to take a chance on. I feel your pain bro, I was ready for a full rebuild but seems like thatís not happening under Elway ever.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 03-18-2019 at 10:11 AM.

WHO is the "right QB"? Or should Elway throw another "roll of the dice" for a 10th pick "reach"?

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    WHO is the "right QB"? Or should Elway throw another "roll of the dice" for a 10th pick "reach"?
    How do you know these guys are a reach? Because some mock draft told you? Every QB is a roll of the dice. Haskins, Murray, Lock....they all have questions but so will every QB in the next draft or the next or the next.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    How do you know these guys are a reach? Because some mock draft told you? Every QB is a roll of the dice. Haskins, Murray, Lock....they all have questions but so will every QB in the next draft or the next or the next.
    Thank you. That's exactly my point!

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Thank you. That's exactly my point!
    My point is every QB will have issues not named John Elway or Andrew Luck. Perfect prospects only come around once in a generation. That should not stop you from taking a Mathew Stafford, Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Dwayne Haskins or Drew Lock