Page 81 of 235 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 3524

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    How do you know these guys are a reach? Because some mock draft told you? Every QB is a roll of the dice. Haskins, Murray, Lock....they all have questions but so will every QB in the next draft or the next or the next.
    Another issue with drafting QBs is what kind of offense are they going to play under, Goff looked lost as a rookie and looks awesome with Mcvay. Foles is two different QBs in Andy Reidís system and other offenses.
    Finding a franchise QBs in the draft that fits your teams system or you build a system around them. What Reid did with Mahomes is a great example.

My point is every QB will have issues not named John Elway or Andrew Luck. Perfect prospects only come around once in a generation. That should not stop you from taking a Mathew Stafford, Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Dwayne Haskins or Drew Lock
    I get what your saying and bringing up those QBs names isnít fair if you donít add GabBert, Ponder, Lynch, Grossman, Jamarcus, Couch, Locker, and Tannehil.
    Itís hard to find a good one.
    Itís worth it but you gotta invest.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 03-18-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I get what your saying and bringing up those QBs names isnít fair if you donít add GabBert, Ponder, Lynch, Grossman, Jamarcus, Couch, Locker, and Tannehil.
    Itís hard to find a good one.
    Itís worth it but you gotta invest.
    I get it and I agree, some aren't going to work out, but that shouldn't stop you from trying to find the right one

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I get it and I agree, some aren't going to work out, but that shouldn't stop you from trying to find the right one
    True, Iíd be curious who our new OC thinks is a good fit in his system.
    Just a guess but maybe they see the kid from Oregon Herbert as that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    What frustrates me about it, is Elway seems to think Flacco is the answer judging on his presser...He's not. He's a stop gap bandaid and that's ok, that's what we need for RIGHT NOW. We also need a future QB. I'm afraid that even if the right QB is sitting there at 10 Elway's just going to pass one up YET AGAIN because he's signed his 2019 bandaid...
    I have the same worry.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 03-18-2019 at 12:05 PM.

True, Iíd be curious who our new OC thinks is a good fit in his system.
    Just a guess but maybe they see the kid from Oregon Herbert as that guy.
    He could be, Herbert is a guy who will fit a lot of systems, imo. But, he is also a guy who has the potential to go #1 overall too.

I can understand why your frustrated. Elway seems like he’s accepted that he doesn’t know how to find a Qb in he Draft.
    I don’t know if you listen to 104.3 the fan but Dmac has a philosophy that Elway is gonna stay for until the end of his contract and then bounce, and drafting another failed Qb is something he doesn’t want to take a chance on. I feel your pain bro, I was ready for a full rebuild but seems like that’s not happening under Elway ever.
    DMAC is not someone I tend to listen to as he often pulls things out of his butt...

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    WHO is the "right QB"? Or should Elway throw another "roll of the dice" for a 10th pick "reach"?
    If they end up our franchise QB, they aren't a reach. So many talking heads think they know where everyone belongs. You either have to roll the dice, or you keep farting around with the "name that old QB" game. I for one am sick of aging QB's on borrowed time.

Draft Locke or Haskins if he's there, if they aren't there, draft Grier or Stidham a little later in the draft. Quit kicking the QB can on down the road and trusting aging or journeyman QB's to get the job done.

My point is every QB will have issues not named John Elway or Andrew Luck. Perfect prospects only come around once in a generation. That should not stop you from taking a Mathew Stafford, Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Dwayne Haskins or Drew Lock
    Here's a list of the 38 QBs that the Broncos have Drafted since 1962. As NFL Starters, they are all garbage.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...der_by=default

What has John Elway had to deal with? Tim Tebow, a Broncos 1st Round Draft choice, who wasn't Elway's choice, had to be moved because he couldn't play. Brock Osweiler, a 2nd Rounder, was given the time (4 freakin' years) to "learn" (or not learn) behind one of the Greatest Of All Time. He failed. Paxton Lynch, taken in the 1st Round is completely out of football after 2 years of horrible play and bench time. Chad Kelly, failure. Trevor Siemian, failure.

I don't know about anybody else, but given the Broncos 57 years of history, I can completely understand why Elway is "gun-shy" about throwing another dart when the odds are that you will be throwing away another Top Draft Pick. Evidently, some people can't wrap their head around that.
    Last edited by gtown53; 03-18-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Here's a list of the 38 QBs that the Broncos have Drafted since 1962. As NFL Starters, they are all garbage.

What has John Elway had to deal with? Tim Tebow, who wasn't his choice, had to be moved because he couldn't play. Brock Osweiler, a 2nd Rounder, was given the time (4 freakin' years) to "learn" (or not learn) behind one of the Greatest Of All Time. He failed. Paxton Lynch, taken in the 1st Round is completely out of football after 2 years of horrible play and bench time. Chad Kelly, failure. Trevor Siemian, failure.

I don't know about anybody else, but given the Broncos 57 years of history, I can completely understand why Elway is "gun-shy" about throwing another dart when the odds are that you will be throwing away another Top Draft Pick. Evidently, some people can't wrap their head around that.
    How many of those QBs drafted were top 10 selections??

What frustrates me about it, is Elway seems to think Flacco is the answer judging on his presser...He's not. He's a stop gap bandaid and that's ok, that's what we need for RIGHT NOW. We also need a future QB. I'm afraid that even if the right QB is sitting there at 10 Elway's just going to pass one up YET AGAIN because he's signed his 2019 bandaid...
    Do you really expect Elway to at his presser "Flacco is just here as a stop gap bandaid"?
    Flacco could be more than, he has had a decent career and might still have a couple years left it it, we'll see.

DMAC is not someone I tend to listen to as he often pulls things out of his butt...
    Yeah Iím not a fan of his, I did like Big Al but heís gone now. His idea on Elway planning on leaving after his contract makes me worry that drafting a franchise QB to develop is not in the future plans.

How many of those QBs drafted were top 10 selections??
    Matt Leinart is a Top 10 Pick. Jake Locker is a Top 10 Pick. Mark Sanchez was a Top 10 Pick. Vince Young was a Top 10 Pick. RGIII was a Top 10 Pick. JeMarcus Russell was a Top 10 Pick. Andrew Luck, from you list, widely acknowledged as a "Generational" Pick was on the verge of being a BUST until his shoulder healed up. Sam Bradford, a Top Pick, for all intents and purposes, is a BUST. Ryan Leaf, ............................ etc., etc., etc............ ad infinitum.

The most positive thing you can say about Top 10 QBs is that less than 50% ever turn out to be anything. Throwing another dart at a failure has really set back this franchise. And John Elway understands that better than anyone.

What has John Elway had to deal with? Tim Tebow, a Broncos 1st Round Draft choice, who wasn't Elway's choice, had to be moved because he couldn't play. Brock Osweiler, a 2nd Rounder, was given the time (4 freakin' years) to "learn" (or not learn) behind one of the Greatest Of All Time. He failed. Paxton Lynch, taken in the 1st Round is completely out of football after 2 years of horrible play and bench time. Chad Kelly, failure. Trevor Siemian, failure.

Regardless of history, we still donít have our franchise qb. So looking to the future rather than past, our gm needs to be looking for him and willing to pull the trigger until we find him. If he isnít , then imo, he should step aside and let someone take over who will.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Regardless of history, we still don’t have our franchise qb. So looking to the future rather than past, our gm needs to be looking for him and willing to pull the trigger until we find him. If he isn’t , then imo, he should step aside and let someone take over who will.
    PEYTON MANNING. Two Superbowls, one victory.