Still not happy about Flacco:

Worst off target rates on balls thrown 20+ yards down field:
    Jameis Winston 58%
    Joe Flacco 55%
    Matt Stafford 54%
    Dak Prescott 47%
    Blake Bortles 45%
    Josh Allen 44%

Worst completion percentage on balls thrown 20+ yards down field last season (min 40 att):
    Sam Darnold 22.4%
    Joe Flacco 26.2%
    Josh Allen 26.6%
    Jameis Winston 27.9%
    Josh Rosen 28.6%

i seriously doubt he makes it a full season before he is benched.
    Right. Conventional wisdom would say that we made a lateral move at best from Keenum to Flacco. However, comparing them in recent history, Keenum has been a better QB. People try to pull the "but, muh deep balls!" in defense of Flacco, but like you've shown above Flacco has been among the worst deep ball QBs for a while now. Yes, he can physically throw the ball a distance, but as far as that pass may travel it means nothing when your accuracy and touch are as poor as his has been lately. Worse than Keenum, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Football players can get better, worse or stay the same. The only way to find out which is to see them play. I'm looking forward to seeing the Broncos play football this year.
    That's a fair and reasonable take. I try to maintain the same levelheadedness, but it is hard to ignore some players' obvious deficiencies. I think the rest of the team offers a ton to he excited about, will they cover for the glaring weakness at QB? Will Lock develop quicker than expected and be our knight in shining armor? Will pigs fly and Flacco actually be at least average? We shall see

Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    Im not much for stats, but I have watched Joe his whole NFL career. He is a winner. He will beat Kansas city in Kansas city. That's what he does.
    As Patriots head coach Bill Belichick once said, "Stats are for losers."
    Interesting statement when Flacco has heen more "loser" than "winner" as of late, and the first season the Ravens make a QB change is the season that they make the playoffs. Funny how that works.

The only time the "he's a winner" argument carries any weight is when said player actually displays average performance, at least. Rather than the below average that Flacco has been for most of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Interesting statement when Flacco has heen more "loser" than "winner" as of late, and the first season the Ravens make a QB change is the season that they make the playoffs. Funny how that works.

The only time the "he's a winner" argument carries any weight is when said player actually displays average performance, at least. Rather than the below average that Flacco has been for most of his career.
    Well since you have this whole flacco thing figured out & know exactly how it's going to go, then why don't you go out on the field & play QB for the broncos...i mean after all as bad as flacco is you surely would make a better QB than he ever could

That's a fair and reasonable take. I try to maintain the same levelheadedness, but it is hard to ignore some players' obvious deficiencies. I think the rest of the team offers a ton to he excited about, will they cover for the glaring weakness at QB? Will Lock develop quicker than expected and be our knight in shining armor? Will pigs fly and Flacco actually be at least average? We shall see
    That's what scouting is all about. One must have something to scout. Otherwise, what one thinks is pure conjecture.

I think the Ravens made the playoffs because there existed little tape on Lamar Jackson. Heck, the Broncos could have made the playoffs with Lamarr Jackson. Rushing alone he added 695 yards and 5 TDs to his 1,201 passing yards, 6 TDs to 3INTs. Last year Jackson's Pct was 58.2% to Flacco's 61.2%.

Your notion that Jackson is a "better" QB than Flacco is false because even Lamarr recently stated his throws have "been everywhere."

For me, Flacco will always be that Ravens QB who killed the Broncos Super Bowl dreams.
    That was a big time throw that led to a Lombardi. I'm glad he's our current QB. Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    I think the Ravens made the playoffs because there existed little tape on Lamar Jackson. Heck, the Broncos could have made the playoffs with Lamarr Jackson. Rushing alone he added 695 yards and 5 TDs to his 1,201 passing yards, 6 TDs to 3INTs. Last year Jackson's Pct was 58.2% to Flacco's 61.2%.

Your notion that Jackson is a "better" QB than Flacco is false because even Lamarr recently stated his throws have "been everywhere."

For me, Flacco will always be that Ravens QB who killed the Broncos Super Bowl dreams.
    That was a big time throw that led to a Lombardi. I'm glad he's our current QB. Hope.
    I donít think that throw was anything special. Now the choke job put in by Carter and Moore, that was a big time choke and that is what led to their Super Bowl.

I am glad to have Flacco though. CK needed to go and imo Flacco is definitely an improvement. Hopefully Lock learns quickly.

So if the Broncos have a winning record this year, will you agree to change your avatar to Flaccos picture for one year?

Thereís no telling how the Broncos will play with Flacco however, I believe Elway upgraded the roster through free agency, the draft and coaching staff. The offensive line is improved, at least on paper with the addition of James, Risner and Leary returning healthy. If the line builds cohesion Flacco has a good chance to play well.

Sutton is off to a good start building on his rookie season and Sanders appears to be recovering well. Looks like the TE position could be a strength. Reports are that Freeman is sharp after the off season. Lindsay is on track for camp.

Long way to go however I think the odds favor Flacco playing well.

Freeman looked sharp at the beginning of the year but tapered off fast after teams started loading the box, daring Keenum to throw down the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    There’s no telling how the Broncos will play with Flacco however, I believe Elway upgraded the roster through free agency, the draft and coaching staff. The offensive line is improved, at least on paper with the addition of James, Risner and Leary returning healthy. If the line builds cohesion Flacco has a good chance to play well.

Sutton is off to a good start building on his rookie season and Sanders appears to be recovering well. Looks like the TE position could be a strength. Reports are that Freeman is sharp after the off season. Lindsay is on track for camp.

Long way to go however I think the odds favor Flacco playing well.
    If I had to bet on JF being the starter in 2020 or being gone. I would put my money on him starting next year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    If I had to bet on JF being the starter in 2020 or being gone. I would put my money on him starting next year as well.
    You must really think we missed on Drew Lock. Flacco isn't much better than your average rookie QB, if Lock can't supplant him in 2020 then we may need to start looking at QBs early again. That would take up 2 years of Lock's 4 year deal. He only plays the 3rd year and we have to try to extend him on one year of play or wait u till his contract expires after the 4th and final year and risk losing him.

Flacco starting in 2020 would be a disaster for the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by crabcruncher View Post
    So if the Broncos have a winning record this year, will you agree to change your avatar to Flaccos picture for one year?
    No. I don't think it is unheard of for Denver to have a winning record, the rest of the team is quite possibly strong enough to cover for Flacco's deficiencies. We have made the playoffs with bad QB play before.

What is more likely,

1) Flacco continues to be a poor QB like he has been for years, putting up his normal starliner of 18-20TDs and 15INTs much like Keenum last year except being near the worst in the league in completion percentage and YPA. All while the young core of the team continues its upswing development and growth that they have displayed for years thus winning 9 or 10 games?

or

2) Flacco changes into an above average QB and carries a weak team to a winning record? If the latter is what occurs then I will definitely change my tune, though it stands the same chance of happening as Fitzpatrick/Keenum/ect carrying their teams. QBs of that talent level are the ones who get carried, especially when they are 34 and developing injury issues.

No. I don't think it is unheard of for Denver to have a winning record, the rest of the team is quite possibly strong enough to cover for Flacco's deficiencies. We have made the playoffs with bad QB play before.

What is more likely,

1) Flacco continues to be a poor QB like he has been for years, putting up his normal starliner of 18-20TDs and 15INTs much like Keenum last year except being near the worst in the league in completion percentage and YPA. All while the young core of the team continues its upswing development and growth that they have displayed for years thus winning 9 or 10 games?

or

2) Flacco changes into an above average QB and carries a weak team to a winning record? If the latter is what occurs then I will definitely change my tune, though it stands the same chance of happening as Fitzpatrick/Keenum/ect carrying their teams. QBs of that talent level are the ones who get carried, especially when they are 34 and developing injury issues.
    It is quite clear that you have an axe to grind, but are you so fond of your own words that you feel it is necessary to copy and pasts your posts from other threads into this one. You have displayed that you don't actually understand how different parts of the football team functions and interrelates, and you think that a QBs stat sheet tells the whole story.

Comparing Flacco to Fitzpatrick is frankly offensive and utterly stupid. Fitz has been in the league for 18 years and has one winning season, where his total collapse in week 17 cost the Jets their playoff spot.

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    The key will be staying healthy with solid protection from the O-line. The running game should also help with Lindsay and Freeman building on their rookie season. I hope he remains the starter as that would likely mean the Broncos are winning consistently!