Page 98 of 209 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 3122

Thread: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Cant believe this thread still has steam lol
    I thought it would lose steam for a while, but then again, possibly pick up once the season begins. My suggestion would be to change the title to "Joe Flacco Thread"....given we will likely be talking about him for as long as he is a Bronco, and the trade part is kind of a given I suppose..
    Last edited by CanDB; 08-12-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I thought it would lose steam for a while, but then again, possibly pick up once the season begins. My suggestion would be to change the title to "The Joe Flacco Thread"....given we will likely be talking about him for as long as he is a Bronco, and the trade part is kind of a given I suppose..
    Opinions on QBs has been a hot topic in Bronco country going back to Plummer/ Cutler or you could go back to Brister/Griese.
    Other fun ones:
    Tebow/Orton
    Osweiler/ Manning
    Siemien/ Lynch
    Kelly/ Keenum
    Now itís Flacco/Lock or anybody but Flacco.

Yes we are ever so searching for our new "Elway" . Those are very hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Same coaching tree, and was the best offensive season heís had, lost a shootout at New England that year. May not be Kubes but if heís gonna be successful this will be the scheme he can pick up the quickest.
    You know who else is in the same Bill Walsh coaching tree? Marty Mornhinweg, who was Flacco's OC the last 3 years. How did Flacco do from 2016-2018 and why is that more recent, larger sample size ignored in lieu of 2014?
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 08-12-2019 at 07:59 AM.

Itís a QB friendly offense. The same guys who doubt Flacco would have doubted Elway going into 1995 with Shannahan at 35. Elway would go onto have his 4 best seasons at age 35-38 playing in an offense that fit his strengths.
    Thatís why Elway views Flacco as not done and in his prime, he only has his career to compare it to, and he knows what itís like to have a team built around you instead of playing for a coach who views you as expendable. Reeves wanted to trade Elway, drafted Maddox instead of a weapon like Carl Pickens, and the Ravens did trade Flacco instead off getting him another weapon they moved up for Jackson.
    Flacco May be done but I understand Elways gamble at bringing him in, one teams trash is another teams gold.
    You can't be serious. Elway, in 95, was coming off of two straight pro bowl years including being top 3 in yards, completion %, TDs, passer rating in 93, and top 10 in all of those in 94. He was also bottom 10 in interception % both of those years as well.

Elway very obviously was still playing at a high level, a level that Flacco has never even reached for a full season. Flacco has never been top 3 in yards, comp%, rating, TDs, but he has been bottom 3 in several of those more than once- and recently, too.

It is sickening when fans try to compare Flacco to all time greats like Elway or Manning. Yes, they had success at an older age. That is because they are great, Flacco is well below average at this point.

Flacco's ceiling, best case scenario, is pretty similar to what we got from Case Keenum last year. Maybe add a TD or two.
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 08-12-2019 at 08:02 AM.

Opinions on QBs has been a hot topic in Bronco country going back to Plummer/ Cutler or you could go back to Brister/Griese.
    Other fun ones:
    Tebow/Orton
    Osweiler/ Manning
    Siemien/ Lynch
    Kelly/ Keenum
    Now itís Flacco/Lock or anybody but Flacco.
    Don't forget Briscoe/Tensi/Liske.

Other fun ones:
    Tebow/Orton
    Osweiler/ Manning
    Siemien/ Lynch
    Kelly/ Keenum
    Now it’s Flacco/Lock or anybody but Flacco.
    Yes....there is no doubt that QB controversies can be a highly toxic formula on this site, and plenty others I'm sure. You can feel the division, and sadly, some folks want their guy so badly that they are not happy if the other does well, which can distort one's feelings towards a team.

But that's probably a no brainer assessment on my part.

I envy fans who have their Franchise QB under lock and key!! IMO...it is easily one of the most critical positions in all of sports, if not #1.

And if I am being totally honest, it makes a difference for me whether or not I like/dislike the QB, and whether or not he is a reasonably good player, vs sub par.
    Last edited by CanDB; 08-12-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Flacco has been average or slightly below average almost his entire career, outside of catching lightening in a playoff run.

That's fine though. Honestly, if this defense can be top 5 scoring defense and get lots of takeaways, offense can somehow be top 15... I think we have a definite chance for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Yes....there is no doubt that QB controversies can be a highly toxic formula on this site, and plenty others I'm sure. You can feel the division, and sadly, some folks want their guy so badly that they are not happy if the other does well, which can distort one's feelings towards a team.

But that's probably a no brainer assessment on my part.

I envy fans who have their Franchise QB under lock and key!! IMO...it is easily one of the most critical positions in all of sports, if not #1.

And if I am being totally honest, it makes a difference for me whether or not I like/dislike the QB, and whether or not he is a reasonably good player, vs sub par.

So very True the QB Position is by far the most critical position on a Football Team.

Now with Joe Flacco I really think that he could throw for 4000 Yards this year and I do have hope that Joe can take Denver to the Playoffs. Now I did have hope last year that Case was going to be Anwser at the the QB Position however by Week 4 I knew that Case was nothing but Fools Gold and we were the Buyers now once again I am going to down the path of Hope and in the end that is all we have is Hope. I Hope that Joe Flacco tears it up this year and gets Denver back in the Mix of the Play Offs and once we get in Von Miller can wreck it again and lead us to the Super Bowl. I think Joe by far will be 1000 times better than Case was last year for us and I think with the new OC and HC Joe Flacco will indeed lead Denver to the Playoffs at least that is my Hope !!

Flacco in a whole new environment and offense, in addition to the new, rookie coaching staff and rookie players, are unknown commodities at this point about which I will reserve judgement until a much later date this year, mid season or 3/4 of the way at least. It's possible that Flacco will be the same, worse, or better than he was in Baltimore -only time will tell- but as a Broncos fan I will root for the latter obviously as I root for everyone on our team!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    You can't be serious. Elway, in 95, was coming off of two straight pro bowl years including being top 3 in yards, completion %, TDs, passer rating in 93, and top 10 in all of those in 94. He was also bottom 10 in interception % both of those years as well.

Elway very obviously was still playing at a high level, a level that Flacco has never even reached for a full season. Flacco has never been top 3 in yards, comp%, rating, TDs, but he has been bottom 3 in several of those more than once- and recently, too.

It is sickening when fans try to compare Flacco to all time greats like Elway or Manning. Yes, they had success at an older age. That is because they are great, Flacco is well below average at this point.

Flacco's ceiling, best case scenario, is pretty similar to what we got from Case Keenum last year. Maybe add a TD or two.
    The broncos were 7-9 in 1994 and Elway miser 2 games going 7-7 as a starter.
    He threw 16 tds and 10 ints, his first year with Shannahan he threw 26 tds ( a career high he would break again with 27 in 1997).
    And i said he put his 4 best seasons together in a row. Please help me understand what offense Elway had better than the 97 & 98 teams.
    And yes i will compare them, not their talent but the position in their careers both mid 30ís and at a crossroads.
    A lot like when Elway brought in Peyton.
    You may not like Flacco, but Elway believes in Flacco, and Iím sure sees exactly what Iím speaking of.
    Flacco has accomplished More than any QB in our division, heís won a title, a SB MVP, and has shown he can win on the road in the playoffs ( @ NE & Denver).

The broncos were 7-9 in 1994 and Elway miser 2 games going 7-7 as a starter.
    He threw 16 tds and 10 ints, his first year with Shannahan he threw 26 tds ( a career high he would break again with 27 in 1997).
    And i said he put his 4 best seasons together in a row. Please help me understand what offense Elway had better than the 97 & 98 teams.
    And yes i will compare them, not their talent but the position in their careers both mid 30ís and at a crossroads.
    A lot like when Elway brought in Peyton.
    You may not like Flacco, but Elway believes in Flacco, and Iím sure sees exactly what Iím speaking of.
    Flacco has accomplished More than any QB in our division, heís won a title, a SB MVP, and has shown he can win on the road in the playoffs ( @ NE & Denver).
    he needs to make throws like that fade moving forward. or we will end up with another losing season and moving towards lock.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Other fun ones:
    Tebow/Orton
    Osweiler/ Manning
    Siemien/ Lynch
    Kelly/ Keenum
    Now it’s Flacco/Lock or anybody but Flacco.
    My favorite was alternating Shawn Moore and Tom Maddox every play.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Flacco in a whole new environment and offense, in addition to the new, rookie coaching staff and rookie players, are unknown commodities at this point about which I will reserve judgement until a much later date this year, mid season or 3/4 of the way at least. It's possible that Flacco will be the same, worse, or better than he was in Baltimore -only time will tell- but as a Broncos fan I will root for the latter obviously as I root for everyone on our team!
    This. Even if it's Flacco.

It's no secret that the Ravens are my most disliked team. Flacco had a big part in that dislike. And to see him on my favorite team? I'm still dealing with that. But, he is a Bronco now and I so want him to be successful.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I agree. Shoot if they win a ring or maybe even a few playoff games I will root for them forever as long as they not playing against the Broncos
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die