Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Flacco to Broncos

Trade just happened for a mid-round pick. Jump Ball Joe coming to Mile High!
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 02-13-2019 at 09:35 AM.

This discussion should be good. :popcorn:

Haaaaaaaaaa

I'm okay with this trade. Now, cut Keenum and draft a young guy to groom even if its in next years draft... Flacco is a strong armed QB with a lot of success. He's been in big games and can play well with a strong defense. I think this is a good move.

HILARIOUS!

another year, another mediocre QB comes to Denver. can't wait to see all the broncos fans talk about how great they will be with flacco. dude went 4-5 with the best defense in the league with better pass protection too. is he an upgrade over keenum? probably slightly but not by much.

Welcome Back! #85

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    I'm okay with this trade. Now, cut Keenum and draft a young guy to groom even if its in next years draft... Flacco is a strong armed QB with a lot of success. He's been in big games and can play well with a strong defense. I think this is a good move.
    4-5 with the best defense in the league last season,......have fun with that.

Welcome Back! #85

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Cutting Keenum is going to cost you though...he has a 10 million cap hit
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 02-13-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    This discussion should be good. :popcorn:
    It's a great trade- not sure what your expecting.....Cutting Keenum and signing Flacco to a new deal will likely be a 7 mil increase over Keenum for 2019. Pretty minimal risk if you ask me.

If a QB slides to 10 that we like we can still take him. The other option was likely to be giving up higher picks and starting the year with Case. It's a great saavy move and gives us draft leverage now.

they won't cut keenum IMO

Welcome Back! #85

Classic sideways step by Elway. smh
    "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

So have the starting QBs for Denver been since 2015?

-Mark Sanchez
    -Trevor Siemian
    -Paxton Lynch
    -Case Keenum
    -Joe Flacco

Am I missing anybody?

I like this move. Mahomes vs Flacco two times a year? No worries here.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    HILARIOUS!

another year, another mediocre QB comes to Denver. can't wait to see all the broncos fans talk about how great they will be with flacco. dude went 4-5 with the best defense in the league with better pass protection too. is he an upgrade over keenum? probably slightly but not by much.
    He is an upgrade to a team built around defense and a running game. Pretty sure that's how Denver is being built.

You can call him mediocre all you want but we can compare if you'd like???

Rivers 56.73 winning %
    Flacco 58.9 winning %

Rivers 11-11 in playoffs
    Flacco 10-5 in playoffs PLUS A RING

Rivers 8 winning seasons out of 13 total..... We'll go with 13 here being he didn't play the first 2 years
    Flacco 7 winning seasons out of 10.5 total...... We'll go with 10.5 here being he didn't play all last season

Now, Flacco isn't the same tier as the top QB's in the league but this is a smart move. A good QB that is smart and should have all the help surrounding him once it's all said and done. This will allow a young QB to learn rather than being thrown to the wolves for a year or two. Denver doesn't even have to draft a QB this year now. The QB class isn't even that strong this year to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    So have the starting QBs for Denver been since 2015?

-Mark Sanchez
    -Trevor Siemian
    -Paxton Lynch
    -Case Keenum
    -Joe Flacco

Am I missing anybody?
    Never was a starter. Only played in 4 preseason games and was never projected a starter, even in the preseason depth charts..... Nice try though.