Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    no i didn't say the same things. i doubted manning was physically able to be an elite QB in the league anymore due to missing the season before with 4 neck surgeries or whatever it was. i said that was a good pick up by elway, i said that was literally the only guy elway could have brought in that the broncos fans would have accepted over tim tebow......as crazy as that sounds now, it was true.

i never doubted he couldn't come in and be at least a decent starter for the broncos, i doubted he could stay elite.

yeah i was wrong and he did remain elite but joe flacco is healthy and has been stinking up the NFL the last 5 years, not even close to the same thing.

now........you guys have said the same things about every QB since manning has left and every time you all have been wrong. at what point in time do you all learn from your mistakes? i wont say all of you, it seems frey has learned for example, but other than him i see the same gullible homerism running rampant around here over yet another bad QB that was brought in.

yes, we will get to see what happens with flacco and you will get to rub it in my face if i'm wrong. i will honestly be quite surprised if flacco has a good year but if the broncos win a decent amputate of games, it will be despite him sucking, not because hes playing good again.

mark my words......
    First of all....... Not once have I been excited about the QB's we've had post Manning, so don't lump me in with that crowd. I've thought the patch work done there has been horrible. Now, I have had a lot of hope for the unknown, (Lynch, Siemian), but it's only been hope. I actually wanted to see Kelly get a chance but that is a whole other story.

Now, again, I don't see Flacco as the savior but I want to see him on a new team with a different vision. He has been good. He can play. He's not Manning or Brady, but he can play put in the right situaion. I want to see the games play before I pass judgement on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    First of all....... Not once have I been excited about the QB's we've had post Manning, so don't lump me in with that crowd. I've thought the patch work done there has been horrible. Now, I have had a lot of hope for the unknown, (Lynch, Siemian), but it's only been hope. I actually wanted to see Kelly get a chance but that is a whole other story.

Now, again, I don't see Flacco as the savior but I want to see him on a new team with a different vision. He has been good. He can play. He's not Manning or Brady, but he can play put in the right situaion. I want to see the games play before I pass judgement on him.
    I know your position on waiting to see but this is smack!!!!

my non smack opinion is they need to give that dude really good protection, run the ball effectively, and continue to have a good defense in order for flacco to have any success. basically things must be near perfect for him so he can just manage things. but again, he's had great defenses in Baltimore, he's also had a good running game from time to time as well. it hasn't helped that much.

but yeah, we will see.

Welcome Back! #85

I know your position on waiting to see but this is smack!!!!

my non smack opinion is they need to give that dude really good protection, run the ball effectively, and continue to have a good defense in order for flacco to have any success. basically things must be near perfect for him so he can just manage things. but again, he's had great defenses in Baltimore, he's also had a good running game from time to time as well. it hasn't helped that much.

but yeah, we will see.
    We've got a good run game and a good defense. Hoping the moves already done and through the rest of the off season will provide help on the o-line. Losing Paradis hurts, but I think they can still make a move there. I believe the pieces are there, but we'll see.

this is for those of you who claim flacco has more class than rivers.........

"Listen, I have so many things to worry about. I'm trying to go out there and play the best football of my life,'' Flacco told reporters Monday following the Broncos' first day of organized team activities. "As far as a time constraint and all of that stuff, I'm not worried about developing guys or any of that. That is what it is. I hope he does it well. I don't look at that as my job. My job is to go win football games for this football team.''
    this is what separates the "me first" mentality (flacco)from the ultimate team leader (rivers). not only would rivers always take the young QB's under his wing, he's actually built that mentality throughout the entire team. every single position group is selfless and all help each other, even if they are competing for jobs.

a perfect example of this was last year when jahleel addai took derwin james under his wing even when he knew that james was going to replace him and he did. addai learned that from the other vets who all learned it from rivers. rivers is the ultimate teammate and pro and flacco is just a terrible QB who is scared to death to lose his job so he wont help his teammate get better.

ya'll cry about the way rivers acts during the games but you can have your terrible QB that won a ring who is a bad teammate, have fun with that!

Welcome Back! #85

this is for those of you who claim flacco has more class than rivers.........

this is what separates the "me first" mentality (flacco)from the ultimate team leader (rivers). not only would rivers always take the young QB's under his wing, he's actually built that mentality throughout the entire team. every single position group is selfless and all help each other, even if they are competing for jobs.

a perfect example of this was last year when jahleel addai took derwin james under his wing even when he knew that james was going to replace him and he did. addai learned that from the other vets who all learned it from rivers. rivers is the ultimate teammate and pro and flacco is just a terrible QB who is scared to death to lose his job so he wont help his teammate get better.

ya'll cry about the way rivers acts during the games but you can have your terrible QB that won a ring who is a bad teammate, have fun with that!
    I figured you'd be jumping all over this salivating at the chance for pointless smack.

Look, he's right. He's learning a brand new offense too. It's his job to learn and win games. It's coaches job to coach. Name me a time a long time starting QB in the league actually went out of his way to mentor the kid who was going to replace him? This is much ado about nothing.

Even coach Fangio is saying the same thing, it's not his job to coach up Lock, it's his job to learn the system.

You think Montana, Brady, Manning, Favre, ect... (not saying he's in that category of player, just using them as examples) were just eager to train their replacements?

Do you think when the Broncos drafted Maddox that Elway was just chomping at the bit with his horse teeth to teach Maddox everything he knows? Of course not....

Weak smack is weak....

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I figured you'd be jumping all over this salivating at the chance for pointless smack.

Look, he's right. He's learning a brand new offense too. It's his job to learn and win games. It's coaches job to coach. Name me a time a long time starting QB in the league actually went out of his way to mentor the kid who was going to replace him? This is much ado about nothing.

Even coach Fangio is saying the same thing, it's not his job to coach up Lock, it's his job to learn the system.

You think Montana, Brady, Manning, Favre, ect... (not saying he's in that category of player, just using them as examples) were just eager to train their replacements?

Do you think when the Broncos drafted Maddox that Elway was just chomping at the bit with his horse teeth to teach Maddox everything he knows? Of course not....

Weak smack is weak....
    being a pro is being a pro. he is a veteran that can at least help him to adjust to the NFL, show him how to prepare and be a pro, and at least be helpful. some guys are just scared to lose their jobs and others just want whats best for the team and their teammates, who realize healthy competition brings out the best in everyone.. we both know which category flacco falls under. I know favre was for sure not helping Rodgers, I couldn't tell you about the others.

you want to know what rivers response is when asked about his eventual replacement?

"I think it's to be expected, and shoot, to be honest, they've been on this quarterback tour for the last few years," Rivers said during an appearance on KLSD-AM in San Diego. "...You'd expect at some point they're going to get a younger guy in the room to try to start to develop him and groom him. It doesn't by any means really affect me. I think it's healthy for me to know, 'Hey look, this thing doesn't last forever. Get playing better and keep this thing going as long as you can.' I think as long as I do that, then whoever it is they bring in here, they're going to sit for a while."
    "I don't think it's my job or anything I owe somebody," Rivers said, "but it is my nature -- coaching -- and I like to think I'm pretty charitable in the sense that I like to help people out and share and talk football and do those things.

"So I think if a young guy comes in here, I'm not on the top of my mind going to go, 'Oh, I need to teach this guy.' And yet I'm not going to be a recluse and say, 'Shoot, I'm not helping him out.' I'm going to share whatever he wants and let him take whatever he can that he likes and how he can learn to be a pro."

Welcome Back! #85

being a pro is being a pro. he is a veteran that can at least help him to adjust to the NFL, show him how to prepare and be a pro, and at least be helpful. some guys are just scared to lose their jobs and others just want whats best for the team and their teammates, who realize healthy competition brings out the best in everyone.. we both know which category flacco falls under. I know favre was for sure not helping Rodgers, I couldn't tell you about the others.

you want to know what rivers response is when asked about his eventual replacement?
    Flacco’s job is to study the playbook, study the opposition and work on timing with his Recievers...

It’s the coaching staff’s job to develope the young guys.

Perhaps that is why Phillips has yet to win anything, because he’s being “classy”

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Flacco’s job is to study the playbook, study the opposition and work on timing with his Recievers...

Perhaps that is why Phillips has yet to win anything, because he’s being “classy”
    Well you know what they say.

Those who can, do.

Those who can't teach.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Well you know what they say.

Those who can, do.

Those who can't teach.
    is that why flacco has been among the worst starting QB's in the NFL since 2013?

dude is scared out of his mind and knows this is his last shot if he doesn't improve dramatically. unless drew lock really struggles to develop, he's going to end up the starter at some point this season when the broncos struggle on offense like they did for years in Baltimore.

Welcome Back! #85

This is absurd. Flacco's job is to prepare himself to be the starting QB - not help develop a back-up.

is that why flacco has been among the worst starting QB's in the NFL since 2013?

dude is scared out of his mind and knows this is his last shot if he doesn't improve dramatically. unless drew lock really struggles to develop, he's going to end up the starter at some point this season when the broncos struggle on offense like they did for years in Baltimore.
    I tend to look at things in a far more positive light. For one Flacco has had a different offensive coordinator every season since super bowl 47.

Flacco also put up some pretty good numbers last season before his injury.

Perhaps Flacco under Scangarello and Mike Munchak will be the come back player of the year. Laugh if you want but I have a feeling Flacco and the Broncos are going to have a pretty season in 2019!

I tend to look at things in a far more positive light. For one Flacco has had a different offensive coordinator every season since super bowl 47.

Flacco also put up some pretty good numbers last season before his injury.

Perhaps Flacco under Scangarello and Mike Munchak will be the come back player of the year. Laugh if you want but I have a feeling Flacco and the Broncos are going to have a pretty season in 2019!

how many were fired because they were blamed for the bad offense? who's your OC now? some guy named Scangarello that's never been an NFL OC before? and you're optimistic??

Welcome Back! #85

Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    This is absurd. Flacco's job is to prepare himself to be the starting QB - not help develop a back-up.
    The related topic would be - how well does Flacco have to perform to keep his QB1 status?

I think Flacco had done very little over the last 3-4 years to suggest he's of QB1 quality. I appreciate Denver fans positive outlook, when he's proven himself to be absolutely mediocre. Perhaps a different offensive system will will prove helpful...

With that said, I don't ding Elway for grabbing Flacco. With Denver's D, Flacco might very well be good enough to make them a playoff team.

how many were fired because they were blamed for the bad offense? who's your OC now? some guy named Scangarello that's never been an NFL OC before? and you're optimistic??

You're a Chargers fan and you're optimistic every year, so why is it so surprising?

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    You're a Chargers fan and you're optimistic every year, so why is it so surprising?
    well, when there is a situation where the chargers have no QB worth a carp, you may be surprised.

Welcome Back! #85