Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 190
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,329
    broncos fans reading the news that elway signed yet another mediocre QB.


  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Cutting Keenum is going to cost you though...he has a 10 million cap hit
    Still puts 11 mil back in the cap, and it's only one year hit. I'd say it's worth it. Plus, Denver has about 8.3 mil they will get to carry over from 2018 that will cover majority of this.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    12,934
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    So have the starting QBs for Denver been since 2015?

    -Mark Sanchez
    -Trevor Siemian
    -Paxton Lynch
    -Case Keenum
    -Joe Flacco



    Am I missing anybody?
    Sanchez never started and your forgot Brock Osweiler. For shame

    Pretty awful how quickly things can go south without a QB in this league.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    He is an upgrade to a team built around defense and a running game. Pretty sure that's how Denver is being built.

    You can call him mediocre all you want but we can compare if you'd like???

    Rivers 56.73 winning %
    Flacco 58.9 winning %

    Rivers 11-11 in playoffs
    Flacco 10-5 in playoffs PLUS A RING

    Rivers 8 winning seasons out of 13 total..... We'll go with 13 here being he didn't play the first 2 years
    Flacco 7 winning seasons out of 10.5 total...... We'll go with 10.5 here being he didn't play all last season

    Now, Flacco isn't the same tier as the top QB's in the league but this is a smart move. A good QB that is smart and should have all the help surrounding him once it's all said and done. This will allow a young QB to learn rather than being thrown to the wolves for a year or two. Denver doesn't even have to draft a QB this year now. The QB class isn't even that strong this year to be honest.
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

    FLACCO COULDN'T HOLD RIVERS' JOCK STRAP.

    one thing is for sure, rivers isn't getting kicked off his team at 34 years old. the ravens team, especially defense has been good over the years, they have won despite flacco, not because of him. why don't you tell me how great eli manning is too while you're at it?

    by the way, rivers isn't 11-11 (he's actually 5-6) in the playoffs. peyton manning is 14-13 in the playoffs......so i guess flacco is better than him too?

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Sanchez never started and your forgot Brock Osweiler. For shame

    Pretty awful how quickly things can go south without a QB in this league.
    not looking forward to the chargers being in the same boat.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,213
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    they won't cut keenum IMO
    Klis is reporting that denver is talking trade options with both Jax & NYG.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    12,934
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    not looking forward to the chargers being in the same boat.
    He has a couple of years in him I bet, barring anything unforeseen or the voices in his helmet tell him to quit.


  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,329
    You have to respect John Elway for trying to preserve his legacy as the greatest Broncos quarterback of all time.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    12,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Klis is reporting that denver is talking trade options with both Jax & NYG.
    Please, please, please, please, please, please....



  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    12,934
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    You have to respect John Elway for trying to preserve his legacy as the greatest Broncos quarterback of all time.
    Hahahaha, well played

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,095
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    You have to respect John Elway for trying to preserve his legacy as the greatest Broncos quarterback of all time.
    Good one


  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

    FLACCO COULDN'T HOLD RIVERS' JOCK STRAP.

    one thing is for sure, rivers isn't getting kicked off his team at 34 years old. the ravens team, especially defense has been good over the years, they have won despite flacco, not because of him. why don't you tell me how great eli manning is too while you're at it?

    by the way, rivers isn't 11-11 (he's actually 5-6) in the playoffs. peyton manning is 14-13 in the playoffs......so i guess flacco is better than him too?
    I never said he was a good as Rivers, in fact my last paragraph stated he's not a top tier QB, but saying he's mediocre is laughable. If that were the case then I will say Rivers is too then. He has nothing to show that he's anything more than mediocre if you want to argue as such. Not as much success as Flacco, even in the regular season. You can have all the stats, (and Flacco's stats aren't bad), you want but he's played smart and has been successful.

    As for the playoff record, I stand corrected. It's a total of 11 games. Not sure why I typed it that way. But that again shows the success difference. Flacco plays some of his best football when it counts!!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    He is an upgrade to a team built around defense and a running game. Pretty sure that's how Denver is being built.

    You can call him mediocre all you want but we can compare if you'd like???

    Rivers 56.73 winning %
    Flacco 58.9 winning %

    Rivers 11-11 in playoffs
    Flacco 10-5 in playoffs PLUS A RING

    Rivers 8 winning seasons out of 13 total..... We'll go with 13 here being he didn't play the first 2 years
    Flacco 7 winning seasons out of 10.5 total...... We'll go with 10.5 here being he didn't play all last season

    Now, Flacco isn't the same tier as the top QB's in the league but this is a smart move. A good QB that is smart and should have all the help surrounding him once it's all said and done. This will allow a young QB to learn rather than being thrown to the wolves for a year or two. Denver doesn't even have to draft a QB this year now. The QB class isn't even that strong this year to be honest.
    Denver could even trade down in the first for multiple picks in order to get more O-line help which would be a big plus. Also find a couple more guys in the Andy Janovich tough guy mold such as TJ Hockenson or Dalton Risner.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 02-13-2019 at 10:50 AM.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Klis is reporting that denver is talking trade options with both Jax & NYG.
    that is a much more likely scenario than keenum getting cut. that's just too harsh a hit IMO for a team that needs depth at the QB position anyways..

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    I never said he was a good as Rivers, in fact my last paragraph stated he's not a top tier QB, but saying he's mediocre is laughable. If that were the case then I will say Rivers is too then. He has nothing to show that he's anything more than mediocre if you want to argue as such. Not as much success as Flacco, even in the regular season. You can have all the stats, (and Flacco's stats aren't bad), you want but he's played smart and has been successful.

    As for the playoff record, I stand corrected. It's a total of 11 games. Not sure why I typed it that way. But that again shows the success difference. Flacco plays some of his best football when it counts!!
    dude, to say flacco is "mediocre" as a starting NFL QB is giving him more praise than he probably deserves. he's closer to one of the worst starting QB's than he is to one of the best. he is lucky to be considered a top 20 QB in the league at this point, i don't see how anyone can disagree with that honestly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •