Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 76
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,911

    Free agent wish list?

    I know we are still a month away but who should John target in free agency?

    Flacco, Keenum and Von are eating up a huge chunk of the salary cap so something will obviously have to be done there But
    Iíd like to see John target a lot of offense, add some more fire power along with some O-line men. Dedicate some money to that side of the football so we can truely be contenders again.

    However Iím sure John will target defense to a much greater extent than most realize. Iíd expect to see Bryce Callahan, perhaps Cj Mosley, maybe Terrell Suggs to replace Shane Ray if he decides to continue playing.

    I know there is a lot of hype for Adrian Amos who Iíd love to have in Denver as well but with Simmons, Parks, Cravens and Stewart itís really hard to see Elway dedicate more money to the position unless one of them is cut. The most likely would be Steward, (cap casualty) but why cut a pretty solid player (gets beat in coverage I know) to pay big money to another.
    Miller Ware Chubb 1.jpg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I know we are still a month away but who should John target in free agency?

    Flacco, Keenum and Von are eating up a huge chunk of the salary cap so something will obviously have to be done there But
    I’d like to see John target a lot of offense, add some more fire power along with some O-line men. Dedicate some money to that side of the football so we can truely be contenders again.

    However I’m sure John will target defense to a much greater extent than most realize. I’d expect to see Bryce Callahan, perhaps Cj Mosley, maybe Terrell Suggs to replace Shane Ray if he decides to continue playing.

    I know there is a lot of hype for Adrian Amos who I’d love to have in Denver as well but with Simmons, Parks, Cravens and Stewart it’s really hard to see Elway dedicate more money to the position unless one of them is cut. The most likely would be Steward, (cap casualty) but why cut a pretty solid player (gets beat in coverage I know) to pay big money to another.

    Because Amos is that Good!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    260
    Interior offensive line help and a right tackle for offense and middle linebacker along with a safety on defense. Let Marshall, Stewart, Sanders, Wolfe, Keenum go. Collins or Amos as safeties, Callahan if Roby isn't cheaper. Get a receiver if Sanders is let go, AB if it works with cap, he can probably be had for a 4th with how bad he wants out of Pitt. John Brown would be good if Sanders is let go, gives us that speed along with the physical play of Sutton.

    All this is pretty much a wish list, all it takes is one team to overpay for a guy and the market price is set.
    So...

    Oline: Foster or sign Paradis
    RT: Ju'waun James or Williams

    MLB: Mosley
    DB: Amos or Collins, Callahan or Roby
    If you can't get a safety or DB go after Jarrett for interior D-line and target a DB in first round

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by OurHouse View Post
    Interior offensive line help and a right tackle for offense and middle linebacker along with a safety on defense. Let Marshall, Stewart, Sanders, Wolfe, Keenum go. Collins or Amos as safeties, Callahan if Roby isn't cheaper. Get a receiver if Sanders is let go, AB if it works with cap, he can probably be had for a 4th with how bad he wants out of Pitt. John Brown would be good if Sanders is let go, gives us that speed along with the physical play of Sutton.

    All this is pretty much a wish list, all it takes is one team to overpay for a guy and the market price is set.
    So...

    Oline: Foster or sign Paradis
    RT: Ju'waun James or Williams

    MLB: Mosley
    DB: Amos or Collins, Callahan or Roby
    If you can't get a safety or DB go after Jarrett for interior D-line and target a DB in first round
    When you start as our new GM? I like those upgrades!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,474
    Inside linebacker for me needs to be addressed in free agency. This free agency group of inside linebackers is as good as it gets, and I would be looking to spend money at that position. There are several guys who are under 28 years old, who are athletic, have put together great resumes in the NFL, who would come in here, start and be an upgrade from day 1, that needs to be the priority.

    Offensive line will be addressed, however I like the approach of adding the veteran in Foster, and targeting day 1 starters in rounds 1 and 2 at tackle and guard in the draft. This free agency class of offensive lineman is weak, and the guys salaries are going to be severely inflated, so I would go with youth at those positions. I would reach out to James though and see what kind of money he is looking for, but would probably spend that money on the back end of the defense.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,476
    Jawan james
    Mosley kwon Alexander Deone Bucchanon or Jordan hicks

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I know we are still a month away but who should John target in free agency?

    Flacco, Keenum and Von are eating up a huge chunk of the salary cap so something will obviously have to be done there But
    Iíd like to see John target a lot of offense, add some more fire power along with some O-line men. Dedicate some money to that side of the football so we can truely be contenders again.

    However Iím sure John will target defense to a much greater extent than most realize. Iíd expect to see Bryce Callahan, perhaps Cj Mosley, maybe Terrell Suggs to replace Shane Ray if he decides to continue playing.

    I know there is a lot of hype for Adrian Amos who Iíd love to have in Denver as well but with Simmons, Parks, Cravens and Stewart itís really hard to see Elway dedicate more money to the position unless one of them is cut. The most likely would be Steward, (cap casualty) but why cut a pretty solid player (gets beat in coverage I know) to pay big money to another.
    Youíve given the answer on why Stewart will most likely be cut. Amos would be a great addition but heís going to want top 5 safety money. If we canít get Amos I wouldnít mind Ha Ha Clinton-Dix as a slightly cheaper option would give us a play maker in the secondary or a even cheap option Tre Boston really good in coverage not quite as good against the run but Would be an improvement in our secondary

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,489
    Mine is basically similar to others.
    Sign:
    T James
    G Foster
    CB Callahan
    S Amos
    I would like Mosley but would have to make cap room

    Cuts:
    S Stewart
    LB Marsh
    QB Keenum
    Restructure: Wolfe

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,063
    Quote Originally Posted by 15thebeast View Post
    Youíve given the answer on why Stewart will most likely be cut. Amos would be a great addition but heís going to want top 5 safety money. If we canít get Amos I wouldnít mind Ha Ha Clinton-Dix as a slightly cheaper option would give us a play maker in the secondary or a even cheap option Tre Boston really good in coverage not quite as good against the run but Would be an improvement in our secondary
    Top 5 money for a S with 3 INTs in 4 years and averages 4.5 pass deflections a season? Amos is fast but he doesnít make many plays on the ball.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,720
    WR Cole Beasley (a true slot guy who can serve the role of Edelman for us)
    G Ramon Foster (Munchak knows how to get the best out of him)
    T Trent Brown (doubt Pats let him go, but if they do what a score)
    NT Grady Jarrett (a true penetrating force inside)
    ILB Navarro Bowman (he loves Fangio and wants to play for him, he will come cheap and is still an upgrade over anything we have)
    ILB Deonne Bucannon (speed is what Vic wants, Buc has it)
    ILB CJ Mosley (not gonna happen but I can dream)
    CB Bryce Callahan (I would sign him and Roby but thats just me)
    S Adrian Amos
    S Landon Collins
    S Earl Thomas (I would take any of these 3, instant upgrade)

    Now I know we can't sign them all, but give me 5 of these 11 and I'm a happy man!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    13,731
    Quote Originally Posted by OurHouse View Post
    John Brown would be good if Sanders is let go, gives us that speed along with the physical play of Sutton.
    I wondered if anyone was looking at John Brown with the addition of Flacco. I think he'd be a really nice addition to the offense. He and Flacco showed some good chemistry before ......... the dumb Ravens tried to change into whatever it is they are now.

    Even if Sanders is healthy it wouldn't be a bad idea to go ahead and sign Brown. I know we have some good talent up and down the depth chart at receiver, but at the price he'd demand, it's just a good idea
    Red 98

    The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,911
    Quote Originally Posted by 15thebeast View Post
    You’ve given the answer on why Stewart will most likely be cut. Amos would be a great addition but he’s going to want top 5 safety money. If we can’t get Amos I wouldn’t mind Ha Ha Clinton-Dix as a slightly cheaper option would give us a play maker in the secondary or a even cheap option Tre Boston really good in coverage not quite as good against the run but Would be an improvement in our secondary
    Tre Boston would be a very interesting signing, he’s played for three teams in 4 years but the guy has 266 career tackles and 10 interceptions in that time. However the fact that he’s weak against the run could be why he has not caught on long term with any particular team. I think the patriots try to sign him.
    Miller Ware Chubb 1.jpg

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,063
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I wondered if anyone was looking at John Brown with the addition of Flacco. I think he'd be a really nice addition to the offense. He and Flacco showed some good chemistry before ......... the dumb Ravens tried to change into whatever it is they are now.

    Even if Sanders is healthy it wouldn't be a bad idea to go ahead and sign Brown. I know we have some good talent up and down the depth chart at receiver, but at the price he'd demand, it's just a good idea
    Doesnít Brown have sickle cell? Usually guys with sickle cell donít play in Denver unless theyíre on a snap count.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,809
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Top 5 money for a S with 3 INTs in 4 years and averages 4.5 pass deflections a season? Amos is fast but he doesnít make many plays on the ball.
    I still think he gets it. Roughly 12 million a season

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,311
    Primary positions I am hoping for are ILB, Boundary corner, S, WR, TE, DT, and C/G Depending on what they want McGovern playing.

    ILB - I like Jordan Hicks, only 26, extremely smart. Think he is just coming into his own.
    CB - Steven Nelson, only 26, and was tested often last year and performed well. CHJ mans the slot, so Callahan is not a great option for what we need imo.
    S - Adrian Amos, only 25 and already a familiar piece
    WR - Tyrell Williams, At 6'4 he adds another tall target to the outside. I see Hamilton and Cracraft developing into slot guys.
    TE - Cameron Brate (if released), Solid TE
    G - Ramon Foster, Much gets his guy for the room and solidifies interior
    DT - Danny Shelton, get younger at the NT position

    Left off OT, because frankly do not like the options out there based on what we know they are going to get paid. Really need to facilitate a trade or go OT early (maybe a couple times), and give Munch something to work with.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •