Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,887
    So far there are more olineman leaving the building then walking into it. That is concerning to me.

    James is a nice addition but with the loss of Paradis, Turner and Garcia and the uncertain health of Leary...are they better?

    Broncos need both starter or two and depth. At some point they need to sign a couple just to fill the room.

    Elway has work to do to fill the oline group. Nice to hear that there are so many quality lineman in the draft but how many can realistically step in this year?

    Not opposed to oline at #10 just think it unlikely. Thinking defense or QB as the long shot pick.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,818
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    So far there are more olineman leaving the building then walking into it. That is concerning to me.

    James is a nice addition but with the loss of Paradis, Turner and Garcia and the uncertain health of Leary...are they better?

    Broncos need both starter or two and depth. At some point they need to sign a couple just to fill the room.

    Elway has work to do to fill the oline group. Nice to hear that there are so many quality lineman in the draft but how many can realistically step in this year?

    Not opposed to oline at #10 just think it unlikely. Thinking defense or QB as the long shot pick.
    Losing Garcia is addition by subtraction. The line just got better because there is no way that Garcia will be on it. The future of Paradis as a Bronco has been a question mark for a while as he had those surgeries and he wasn't necessarily exactly what the Broncos wanted at Center. I liked him but I can understand the Broncos not going all out to keep him. Losing Turner is crappy. I wanted him to stick because I thought he did a good job here when given a shot. I'd like to think that Munchak had/has a lot of influence over who stays/who goes/who we get. If (a big if) our Tackles are set and McGovern is our new Center then I don't feel terrible about where we are right now.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,887
    Losing players is a negative until they are replaced by competent players. IMO they have taken one step forward and then two steps back so far.

    Paradis played at a high level even with his injuries. Turner was a valuable back up that could play multiple positions. Garcia had his moments good and bad but at least was a experienced professional player. As I mentioned, Leary is an unknown at this point. Last I read he will not even be available until summer. How prepared will he be for the start of the season?

    I agree with having some faith in Munchak developing the oline group. But he needs players to do so. Quality professional players .I would feel a lot better seeing some being added before the draft or especially the leftovers of free agency. Then you are just wasting money on someones else's failed project. Their fans happy to see that guy that sucked leave. similar to some response to our olinemen signing elsewhere.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,818
    I'd rather have Nico Filah and/or Austin Schlottman than Max Garcia. That's how bad Max Garcia is. We have three solid pieces, some young guys, and a great coach. We still have the rest of free agency and the draft before Training Camp starts. I'm stoked. Getting Leary and/or Veldheer back out there would be icing on the cake.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    20,977
    Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I'd rather have Nico Filah and/or Austin Schlottman than Max Garcia. That's how bad Max Garcia is. We have three solid pieces, some young guys, and a great coach. We still have the rest of free agency and the draft before Training Camp starts. I'm stoked. Getting Leary and/or Veldheer back out there would be icing on the cake.
    Veldheer is a FA, I believe.

    I don't know who you are counting in the 3 solid pieces. I see maybe 1. The best piece of the Oline is Munchak. I am hoping he can work wonders with the players we have.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 03-15-2019 at 08:29 AM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,659
    Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I'd rather have Nico Filah and/or Austin Schlottman than Max Garcia. That's how bad Max Garcia is. We have three solid pieces, some young guys, and a great coach. We still have the rest of free agency and the draft before Training Camp starts. I'm stoked. Getting Leary and/or Veldheer back out there would be icing on the cake.
    There are currently ten O-Linemen under contract including Sclottmann and Falah. At least fifteen are needed for TC. I expect Denver to sign another FA O-Lineman and probably draft a couple. IMO Veldheer would make a great game day Swing Tackle, but don't know if he can be re-signed. Leary is coming back from rehabbing a torn Achilles 14 October 2018. If he can return to practice and play, that would be good. It will be interesting to see what happens for the O-Line.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,659
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Veldheer is a FA, I believe.

    I don't know who you are counting in the 3 solid pieces. I see maybe 1.
    I'll guess he meant Bolles, McGovern and James.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,818
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I'll guess he meant Bolles, McGovern and James.
    Yes, exactly so. It is certainly possible that I am overestimating Munchak's ability to coach up Bolles but I do consider McGovern and James to be solid even as they are.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,818
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    There are currently ten O-Linemen under contract including Sclottmann and Falah. At least fifteen are needed for TC. I expect Denver to sign another FA O-Lineman and probably draft a couple. IMO Veldheer would make a great game day Swing Tackle, but don't know if he can be re-signed. Leary is coming back from rehabbing a torn Achilles 14 October 2018. If he can return to practice and play, that would be good. It will be interesting to see what happens for the O-Line.
    Yeah. We'll be getting more linemen through the door over the next few months or so. I am looking forward to it. And I think Veldheer would make sense at swing as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •