Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ed Oliver Makes Some Sense at #10

Open thoughts.

Sell me on why I am right or wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Clause View Post
    Open thoughts.

Sell me on why I am right or wrong...
    he makes alot of sense, but i feel he is gone by the time we pick. he is arguebly the number 1 DT in this draft. it is like 1A and 1b between Williams and Oliver. both have the make up to be completely dominate interior pass rushers. well maybe not Donalds level, but i feel they could be able to consistantly hit the 5-10 sack mark and get really good interior pressure.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

It depends on who else is still there. My guess would be if Lock is still there he will be a Bronco... still a lot of things to still happen though. If Lock isn't there then maybe White is and that is who I prefer. If neither is there, I think they should move back, if they can find a trade partner and hopefully get another 2nd and some mid round next season or a 3rd and 5th this season.
    Oliver is fine but I just prefer White, if there. If they move back and Oliver is still there, take him.
    There are a number of good prospects including OT too. An OT would be a priority, in my view if they were to move back. It all depends on how things play out before the Broncos pick.
    Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 02-17-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    It depends on who else is still there. My guess would be if Lock is still there he will be a Bronco... still a lot of things to still happen though. If Lock isn't there then maybe White is and that is who I prefer. If neither is there, I think they should move back, if they can find a trade partner and hopefully get another 2nd and some mid round next season or a 3rd and 5th this season.
    Oliver is fine but I just prefer White, if there. If they move back and Oliver is still there, take him.
    There are a number of good prospects including OT too. An OT would be a priority, in my view if they were to move back. I all depends on how things play out before the Broncos pick.
    when oliver runs a 4.6-4.7 at 290 and crushes the cone drills he will end up out of our reach. his atheletic abilities are crazy.

oliver is the closest thing i have seen to donald sense donald come out. Williams looks to be in the same bred. these guys remind me of at worst case a Geno Atkins. but who wouldn't take a Atkins at his prime. he was a BEAST. man still is a beast.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 02-17-2019 at 03:58 PM.

oakland raders gm

If Denver goes DL in round 1,
    I prefer Christian Wilkins as he's an accomplishment student too.

Then double dip in round 2 with Jeffery Simmons or Dexter Lawrence.

DL would be set for years.

But alas, Denver needs OL help too.

I would rather wait on a d-linemen and take Daylon Mack in the mid rounds.

If #10 is a non QB I want it to be for White

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I believe our coaches likely think that with their pedigree they can coach up a young ILB to be great as long as they possess certain traits.

It seems were approaching things from film and "the eye test" level. So if that is the case then OT may well be on the board as well as the NT position. If our coach and team identity is to be defense...again...then I see a NT going early maybe even at 10 for us. We are also in the market for a speed WR. My bet is the NT so Oliver or William's if available.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    If #10 is a non QB I want it to be for White
    I agree!!!
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

I doubt if it's going to be a QB, as we are trading for Flacco. I doubt if it's going to be an ILB (White), .................. because Elway doesn't value that position, .............. and many on this Board have us picking up Moseley (which I highly doubt for the same reason) in Free Agency.

Depending on which QBs go ahead of us at #10, Ed Oliver could be a real possibility. But, I think he is likely to be gone. OTs, Jawaan Taylor, and Jonah Williams, or CB Byron Murphy are the most likely picks as they are at Positions of need and are at Positions that Elway values.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    I doubt if it's going to be a QB, as we are trading for Flacco. I doubt if it's going to be an ILB (White), .................. because Elway doesn't value that position, .............. and many on this Board have us picking up Moseley (which I highly doubt for the same reason) in Free Agency.

Depending on which QBs go ahead of us at #10, Ed Oliver could be a real possibility. But, I think he is likely to be gone. OTs, Jawaan Taylor, and Jonah Williams, or CB Byron Murphy are the most likely picks as they are at Positions of need and are at Positions that Elway values.
    Well CJ Moseley was the guy that it was rumored Elway wanted to move back into the first for so if he hits the open market then I could see Elway making a push.

Although with Craig Robertson, KJ Wright, Jordan Hicks, Kwon Alexander, Denzel Perryman currently set to be free agents he will have a lot to choose from. Not to mention potential cuts like Zach Brown, Alec Ogletree, and Sean Lee.

fangio does value that position so i wonder if that changes anything.

oakland raders gm

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Well CJ Moseley was the guy that it was rumored Elway wanted to move back into the first for so if he hits the open market then I could see Elway making a push.

Although with Craig Robertson, KJ Wright, Jordan Hicks, Kwon Alexander, Denzel Perryman currently set to be free agents he will have a lot to choose from. Not to mention potential cuts like Zach Brown, Alec Ogletree, and Sean Lee.
    With this list of Free Agents......I'm sure Fangio will pick his best option with the money Elway allows him to spend. That's what free agency is for. You plug all your wholes so that the options are much more open once the draft hits, as you never know how the board falls. I have my choices @ 10.....but who ever it is, I just want them to be a no questions asked .....blue chip producer. { unless Lock is there...he'll be a crap shoot, but, I'd support the pick }

Trading for a 34 year old quarterback with no cap commitments other than this year tells me it probably will be a quarterback

Plus, I think fangio has a lot more say than people think too and he loves defensive players obviously. I can easily see him taking white.......if it's not a QB