Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Now we need a new nose tackle.

According to 9NEWS Denverís Mike Klis, the Denver Broncos have informed impending free agent nose tackle Domata Peko that they do not plan on re-signing him prior to the start of free agency. Klis says that they plan on to seek out a younger replacement to be their nose tackle in newly hired Head Coach Vic Fangioís defense.

https://www.milehighreport.com/platf...mpression=true
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    According to 9NEWS Denverís Mike Klis, the Denver Broncos have informed impending free agent nose tackle Domata Peko that they do not plan on re-signing him prior to the start of free agency. Klis says that they plan on to seek out a younger replacement to be their nose tackle in newly hired Head Coach Vic Fangioís defense.

https://www.milehighreport.com/platf...mpression=true
    To be fair, we always needed Interior linemen since Jackson left. I looked at Peko as a guy that stopped the bleeding but didnít fix the wound.

That sucks. Found him to be quite cost effective. Saves about 2 mill I do suppose, but he was so easily likeable off the field too. Next man up. Hope you find a good home.

I’m ok. He did the job... Shelby Harris should get more snaps. And hopefully and effective rook.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Oh man. I don't get this move. He was the heart and soul of the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    Oh man. I don't get this move. He was the heart and soul of the defense.
    He's 34, isn't what he was when he was younger and took a lot of late penalties in the last two seasons. He's been good for what the Broncos needed, but he's not going to get any better than he's been and probably starts getting worse. Time to get younger.

After only reading the OPs title, Iím going to say we already have a good nose tackle in Shelby Harris!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    After only reading the OPs title, I’m going to say we already have a good nose tackle in Shelby Harris!
    YES, and they have many young (BIG) men available in the draft. Lets keep this in the down low.

Reports are coming out that Denver is going to persue Hankins.

Source: #Broncos to pursue NT Johnathan Hankins in free agency. - Benjamin Allbright

J. Hankins has a total of 12 Career sacks. I am concerned that even with K.Mack on his team he had a total of 5.0 sacks in 2017 & 2016. IMO - I think this is a position where we should see how S.Harris does and IMO go after a top NT in the draft. I'd even be OK if we traded up a spot or two if we felt it was needed to get Q.Williams.

On Peko - how can anyone really say anything bad or negative about him? He seems like he is an outstanding person and even at his age and above average football player. That said he is no longer an elite level player. He is no longer able to push back a double team in the middle and collapse the pocket like he used to be able to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    J. Hankins has a total of 12 Career sacks. I am concerned that even with K.Mack on his team he had a total of 5.0 sacks in 2017 & 2016. IMO - I think this is a position where we should see how S.Harris does and IMO go after a top NT in the draft. I'd even be OK if we traded up a spot or two if we felt it was needed to get Q.Williams.

On Peko - how can anyone really say anything bad or negative about him? He seems like he is an outstanding person and even at his age and above average football player. That said he is no longer an elite level player. He is no longer able to push back a double team in the middle and collapse the pocket like he used to be able to do.
    I donít like it, if they want a big body to plug holes, theyíve already got Zach Kerr so why spend the money!

Iím not so sure. I think they want to roll with Wolfe Gostis and Harris, and use Walker as a Malik Jackson type pass rusher....we should 100% get a draft pick on the DL though......i cant say for sure if thatís a good or bad call, cause our coaching was so bad the last 2 years on defense......

Also Kerr has mentioned they have interest in bringing him back....the beat writers have heard Denver wants to get younger on the DL, so they donít have to rotate as much....

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I donít like it, if they want a big body to plug holes, theyíve already got Zach Kerr so why spend the money!
    Kerr is also a FA not expected to be brought back.

The DL on the roster consists of the 3 DEs Wolfe/Gotsis/Walker and a DE/NT tweener in Harris.

Hankins was with the Giants in 2016 and the Colts in 2017 and was released 1 year into a 3 year 30 million dollar deal. He never got to play with Mack. Hankins was good back when he was actually 320, Iíd say heís closer to 350 with a lot of bad weight now which is why heís been largely ineffective as a pass rusher ever since his 7 sack season in his 2nd year.

He's a run defender and would be played on base downs. When rushing the passer they go to the smaller front which would see someone like Harris in as the NT.

Hankins makes sense if the Broncos do plan to use some two gapping (Harris can't 2 gap from the NT spot).