Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48

Thread: D.K. Metcalf

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    699

    D.K. Metcalf

    Any takers ? New mock draft has us taking another big stud receiver to pair with Sutton and keep Hamilton in the slot. I could see the logic here. Get Flacco some play makers....I think we all wanted Defense....as I said in an earlier thread.....Free Agency can fill all our defensive needs, and draft our offense. I could see a TE and a few lineman as well in this draft.

    {side note, that mock draft has Wash. moving up to # 3 and nabbing Murray....big move....LOVE draft time !! }
    Last edited by skeeter01; 02-22-2019 at 10:11 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,563
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Any takers ? New mock draft has us taking another big stud receiver to pair with Sutton and keep Hamilton in the slot. I could see the logic here. Get Flacco some play makers....I think we all wanted Defense....as I said in an earlier thread.....Free Agency can fill all our defensive needs, and draft our offense. I could see a TE and a few lineman as well in this draft.

    {side note, that mock draft has Wash. moving up to # 3 and nabbing Murray....big move....LOVE draft time !! }
    I do not believe that we have enough cap room this season to go up and target enough Defensive talent to make a big enough impact to NOT capitalize on this defensive rich draft class. Again at some point I think we will need to do a draft re-tool. This year might be that year to do it.

    For example:

    I see our biggest needs as more scenario based.

    1. Covering TE's & RB's on the second level

    2. Interior DL pressure

    3. OT (RT & LT) blocking in the Passing game

    4. Pass catching TE (who can stay healthy)

    5. DB/CB to pair with CHJ

    6. A young QB


    For me I believe that we can potentially target #5 in the off-season. I also think that we can likely target #1 with one of the ILB's in FA. So for me that leaves #2 - #4. IMO I think the biggest thing we need is the interior pressure on the DL. S.Harris has been a truly special player for us BUT we need another guy who can either be better or at least as good as him to help ensure that our middle of the line can get to the QB or at least push back the pocket on a more regular basis. Again for me I just see this as a value to pick number balancing act. That said I also think that this is the year which we should trade back up into the 1st. This may end up being DEJA VU for Flacco but IMO the QB is the most important position on the field. If we think that we can even possibly get a QB of the future at the back-end of the 1st then we should trade back up to get him.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,547
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Any takers ? New mock draft has us taking another big stud receiver to pair with Sutton and keep Hamilton in the slot. I could see the logic here. Get Flacco some play makers....I think we all wanted Defense....as I said in an earlier thread.....Free Agency can fill all our defensive needs, and draft our offense. I could see a TE and a few lineman as well in this draft.

    {side note, that mock draft has Wash. moving up to # 3 and nabbing Murray....big move....LOVE draft time !! }
    I’d take him, Harry, or Brown. All of them are going to be real good wr

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,557
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Any takers ? New mock draft has us taking another big stud receiver to pair with Sutton and keep Hamilton in the slot. I could see the logic here. Get Flacco some play makers....I think we all wanted Defense....as I said in an earlier thread.....Free Agency can fill all our defensive needs, and draft our offense. I could see a TE and a few lineman as well in this draft.

    {side note, that mock draft has Wash. moving up to # 3 and nabbing Murray....big move....LOVE draft time !! }
    our WR would be to slow. we need a speed deep threat. not another 6'4 possession guy. we have what he is in sutton. what we need is speed. a guy like brown i feel would be better.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,707
    If Paris Campbell runs as fast as people expect I would love to have him. Not as high as 10 but maybe in the early second

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    13,044
    No, not at 10, absolutely not. Unless we have one hell of a FA hall.

    We need QB, OL, ILB, NT, CB, and we probably need more than one of a couple of those. If we go WR at 10 I think I will throw my tv farther then Keenum can throw a football.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

    ― Mark Twain



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,563
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    No, not at 10, absolutely not. Unless we have one hell of a FA hall.

    We need QB, OL, ILB, NT, CB, and we probably need more than one of a couple of those. If we go WR at 10 I think I will throw my tv farther then Keenum can throw a football.
    Well we do need a deep threat. In fact the only WR I like who looks good and would be a "different" type of guy for us is Jaylen Hurd. So many teams out there have RBs they are trying to convert to WR's....he's already done it. That said I think he has proven that his hands are EXACTLY what we'd need. Another thing I like is his ability to take a hand-off and run the ball if and when needed. So for example I do think we need a speed guy but IMO I think we'd have one heck of a WR room is it looked like this:

    1. C.Sutton/ T.Patrick
    2. E.Sanders/ J.Hurd
    3. D.Hamilton


    My issue is that I believe T.Patrick really showed he was a great pick-up for us. In fact when I look at D.Hamilton I was disappointed by comparison.

    Stats:

    D.Hamilton:
    Targets: 46
    Catches: 30
    Yards: 243
    YPC: 8.1
    TDs: 2

    T.Patrick:
    Targets: 41
    Catches: 23
    Yards: 315
    YPC: 13.7
    TDs: 1

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Well we do need a deep threat. In fact the only WR I like who looks good and would be a "different" type of guy for us is Jaylen Hurd. So many teams out there have RBs they are trying to convert to WR's....he's already done it. That said I think he has proven that his hands are EXACTLY what we'd need. Another thing I like is his ability to take a hand-off and run the ball if and when needed. So for example I do think we need a speed guy but IMO I think we'd have one heck of a WR room is it looked like this:

    1. C.Sutton/ T.Patrick
    2. E.Sanders/ J.Hurd
    3. D.Hamilton


    My issue is that I believe T.Patrick really showed he was a great pick-up for us. In fact when I look at D.Hamilton I was disappointed by comparison.

    Stats:

    D.Hamilton:
    Targets: 46
    Catches: 30
    Yards: 243
    YPC: 8.1
    TDs: 2

    T.Patrick:
    Targets: 41
    Catches: 23
    Yards: 315
    YPC: 13.7
    TDs: 1
    It's not fair to compare a guy who's been in the NFL for a year or two to a guy who is a rookie. Coaching is better in the pros and you need to be alot more technical

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,297
    Ran a 4.33 and a 4.38 in his 40s today. Combination of size and speed, he's going to fly up the draft boards.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    699
    We have other needs, as others have pointed out but would be a nice piece on our offense. Too lazy, but curious how he stacks up to Megatron.
    Last edited by skeeter01; 03-02-2019 at 01:34 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,297
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    We have other needs, as others have pointed out but would be a nice piece on our offense. Too lazy, but curious how he stacks up to Megatron.
    Johnson is 6'5 238. Metcalf is 6'3 228. Johnson also ran a 4.33. So Metcalf is a little smaller, but the same speed. Not many guys their size can run that fast.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,557
    my biggest worry with MEtcalf right now. with those number he should have been the best WR in at college and he wasn't and his production is really lacking in college.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    my biggest worry with MEtcalf right now. with those number he should have been the best WR in at college and he wasn't and his production is really lacking in college.
    Was his QB any good ?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    13,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Well we do need a deep threat. In fact the only WR I like who looks good and would be a "different" type of guy for us is Jaylen Hurd. So many teams out there have RBs they are trying to convert to WR's....he's already done it. That said I think he has proven that his hands are EXACTLY what we'd need. Another thing I like is his ability to take a hand-off and run the ball if and when needed. So for example I do think we need a speed guy but IMO I think we'd have one heck of a WR room is it looked like this:

    1. C.Sutton/ T.Patrick
    2. E.Sanders/ J.Hurd
    3. D.Hamilton


    My issue is that I believe T.Patrick really showed he was a great pick-up for us. In fact when I look at D.Hamilton I was disappointed by comparison.

    Stats:

    D.Hamilton:
    Targets: 46
    Catches: 30
    Yards: 243
    YPC: 8.1
    TDs: 2

    T.Patrick:
    Targets: 41
    Catches: 23
    Yards: 315
    YPC: 13.7
    TDs: 1
    I am with you on Hurd. If we are going to go after a reciever in the draft, I hope it is Hurd in the middle rounds. I want to use earlier picks on much bigger needs, but I wouldn't be upset if we went Hurd then, We certainly would have a nice cast of recievers. I am also thinking that with new coaches, new offense, new qb and another year of experience under their belts, we will see marked improvements from our young guys.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

    ― Mark Twain



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,545
    DK, imo, will be out of reach for us but 1 WR we could target would be Deebo Samuel.


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •