Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: D.K. Metcalf

D.K. Metcalf

Any takers ? New mock draft has us taking another big stud receiver to pair with Sutton and keep Hamilton in the slot. I could see the logic here. Get Flacco some play makers....I think we all wanted Defense....as I said in an earlier thread.....Free Agency can fill all our defensive needs, and draft our offense. I could see a TE and a few lineman as well in this draft.

{side note, that mock draft has Wash. moving up to # 3 and nabbing Murray....big move....LOVE draft time !! }
    Last edited by skeeter01; 02-22-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Any takers ? New mock draft has us taking another big stud receiver to pair with Sutton and keep Hamilton in the slot. I could see the logic here. Get Flacco some play makers....I think we all wanted Defense....as I said in an earlier thread.....Free Agency can fill all our defensive needs, and draft our offense. I could see a TE and a few lineman as well in this draft.

{side note, that mock draft has Wash. moving up to # 3 and nabbing Murray....big move....LOVE draft time !! }
    I do not believe that we have enough cap room this season to go up and target enough Defensive talent to make a big enough impact to NOT capitalize on this defensive rich draft class. Again at some point I think we will need to do a draft re-tool. This year might be that year to do it.

For example:

I see our biggest needs as more scenario based.

1. Covering TE's & RB's on the second level

2. Interior DL pressure

3. OT (RT & LT) blocking in the Passing game

4. Pass catching TE (who can stay healthy)

5. DB/CB to pair with CHJ

6. A young QB

For me I believe that we can potentially target #5 in the off-season. I also think that we can likely target #1 with one of the ILB's in FA. So for me that leaves #2 - #4. IMO I think the biggest thing we need is the interior pressure on the DL. S.Harris has been a truly special player for us BUT we need another guy who can either be better or at least as good as him to help ensure that our middle of the line can get to the QB or at least push back the pocket on a more regular basis. Again for me I just see this as a value to pick number balancing act. That said I also think that this is the year which we should trade back up into the 1st. This may end up being DEJA VU for Flacco but IMO the QB is the most important position on the field. If we think that we can even possibly get a QB of the future at the back-end of the 1st then we should trade back up to get him.

I’d take him, Harry, or Brown. All of them are going to be real good wr

our WR would be to slow. we need a speed deep threat. not another 6'4 possession guy. we have what he is in sutton. what we need is speed. a guy like brown i feel would be better.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

If Paris Campbell runs as fast as people expect I would love to have him. Not as high as 10 but maybe in the early second

No, not at 10, absolutely not. Unless we have one hell of a FA hall.

We need QB, OL, ILB, NT, CB, and we probably need more than one of a couple of those. If we go WR at 10 I think I will throw my tv farther then Keenum can throw a football.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    No, not at 10, absolutely not. Unless we have one hell of a FA hall.

We need QB, OL, ILB, NT, CB, and we probably need more than one of a couple of those. If we go WR at 10 I think I will throw my tv farther then Keenum can throw a football.
    Well we do need a deep threat. In fact the only WR I like who looks good and would be a "different" type of guy for us is Jaylen Hurd. So many teams out there have RBs they are trying to convert to WR's....he's already done it. That said I think he has proven that his hands are EXACTLY what we'd need. Another thing I like is his ability to take a hand-off and run the ball if and when needed. So for example I do think we need a speed guy but IMO I think we'd have one heck of a WR room is it looked like this:

1. C.Sutton/ T.Patrick
    2. E.Sanders/ J.Hurd
    3. D.Hamilton

My issue is that I believe T.Patrick really showed he was a great pick-up for us. In fact when I look at D.Hamilton I was disappointed by comparison.

Stats:

D.Hamilton:
    Targets: 46
    Catches: 30
    Yards: 243
    YPC: 8.1
    TDs: 2

T.Patrick:
    Targets: 41
    Catches: 23
    Yards: 315
    YPC: 13.7
    TDs: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Well we do need a deep threat. In fact the only WR I like who looks good and would be a "different" type of guy for us is Jaylen Hurd. So many teams out there have RBs they are trying to convert to WR's....he's already done it. That said I think he has proven that his hands are EXACTLY what we'd need. Another thing I like is his ability to take a hand-off and run the ball if and when needed. So for example I do think we need a speed guy but IMO I think we'd have one heck of a WR room is it looked like this:

1. C.Sutton/ T.Patrick
    2. E.Sanders/ J.Hurd
    3. D.Hamilton

My issue is that I believe T.Patrick really showed he was a great pick-up for us. In fact when I look at D.Hamilton I was disappointed by comparison.

Stats:

D.Hamilton:

T.Patrick:
    It's not fair to compare a guy who's been in the NFL for a year or two to a guy who is a rookie. Coaching is better in the pros and you need to be alot more technical

Ran a 4.33 and a 4.38 in his 40s today. Combination of size and speed, he's going to fly up the draft boards.

We have other needs, as others have pointed out but would be a nice piece on our offense. Too lazy, but curious how he stacks up to Megatron.
    Last edited by skeeter01; 03-02-2019 at 01:34 PM.

We have other needs, as others have pointed out but would be a nice piece on our offense. Too lazy, but curious how he stacks up to Megatron.
    Johnson is 6'5 238. Metcalf is 6'3 228. Johnson also ran a 4.33. So Metcalf is a little smaller, but the same speed. Not many guys their size can run that fast.

my biggest worry with MEtcalf right now. with those number he should have been the best WR in at college and he wasn't and his production is really lacking in college.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    my biggest worry with MEtcalf right now. with those number he should have been the best WR in at college and he wasn't and his production is really lacking in college.
    Was his QB any good ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post

1. C.Sutton/ T.Patrick
    2. E.Sanders/ J.Hurd
    3. D.Hamilton

Stats:

D.Hamilton:

T.Patrick:
    I am with you on Hurd. If we are going to go after a reciever in the draft, I hope it is Hurd in the middle rounds. I want to use earlier picks on much bigger needs, but I wouldn't be upset if we went Hurd then, We certainly would have a nice cast of recievers. I am also thinking that with new coaches, new offense, new qb and another year of experience under their belts, we will see marked improvements from our young guys.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

DK, imo, will be out of reach for us but 1 WR we could target would be Deebo Samuel.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco