Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 626
  1. #586
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    First and foremost, thanks for your service both in the USCG and in civilian law enforcement - over worked and under appreciated.

    Now, I'm not a lawyer, but as I understand it these "sneak & peak" warrants are only allowed in the case of felonies and are pretty limited in scope. I understand good faith, but at some point when there was no evidence of human trafficking, the cameras should have been shut down. Or am I misunderstanding the applicable laws?
    You aren't misunderstanding the law.... But, the intent in this case was to catch the human trafficking. Depending on how the warrant was written, it can still be used for other offenses.

  2. #587
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Wrong, this has NOTHING to do with actual football, so there is no reason for you to post it other than to troll. You should have posted in the NFL thread since it’s NOT smack.

    And of course, you would misquote me - I said this type of sneak and peak surveillance does not happen often in Florida - meaning this is new to Florida courts. Again, read the Judge's opinion if you want. I never said it was illegal in other states or jurisdictions or in general, just in Florida, where this case is happening. Since you are a law enforcement officer, you ought to know that something that is legal in one state does not mean it is legal in another. You are basing your decision on your experience in Kansas or as a federal employee outside the state of Florida, which is a different federal jurisdiction than Kansas. And why so upset about this? No one cares. You thought this thread was another way to take a shot at NE and it has failed miserably.

    Oh, and your new nickname is Trollhouser! Congratulations!

    Okay.... First of all, threads do not have to do with the game of football..... It is related to a football team. Thread exists, get over it.

    Second.... I did not misquote you at all. Did you not type, "surveillance does not happen often in the state of Florida and struck it down on 4th Amendment grounds?"...... Yes, you did.

    Third..... You can't claim that it doesn't happen all that OFTEN in Florida and turn to say it's illegal there and shouldn't/doesn't happen. If it doesn't happen at all, then remove OFTEN.

    Fourth..... A Judges Opinion means NOTHING if it's an opinion. Rulings can and will change. Was it a ruling that closed the case or an opinion of a Judge to try and throw it out with the opportunity of appeal???

    Lastly..... Did you really just say different Federal jurisdiction? You do know what Federal Law is right? Not state by state, but the whole country? When I did Federal LE, I didn't have to learn new laws at every duty station I was at being it was FEDERAL Law that I enforced. It doesn't change from Kansas to Florida or even Guam........

    Oh, and thanks for the nickname, as weak as it is to steal others game being you've already inherited the "Troll" moniker, but whatever makes you feel better at night. Whats cool is that Everyone else in here will use your Lil Troll name but they won't use your weak, stolen, term of endearment for me!!!
    Last edited by Stackhouser; 05-24-2019 at 02:13 PM.

  3. #588
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,484
    Everyone have a great Memorial Day Weekend!!! I'm out... Will be back on here on Wednesday!!!! Thank a Veteran!!

  4. #589
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Okay.... First of all, threads do not have to do with the game of football..... It is related to a football team. Thread exists, get over it.

    Second.... I did not misquote you at all. Did you not type, "surveillance does not happen often in the state of Florida and struck it down on 4th Amendment grounds?"...... Yes, you did.

    Third..... You can't claim that it doesn't happen all that OFTEN in Florida and turn to say it's illegal there and shouldn't/doesn't happen. If it doesn't happen at all, then remove OFTEN.

    Fourth..... A Judges Opinion means NOTHING if it's an opinion. Rulings can and will change. Was it a ruling that closed the case or an opinion of a Judge to try and throw it out with the opportunity of appeal???

    Lastly..... Did you really just say different Federal jurisdiction? You do know what Federal Law is right? Not state by state, but the whole country? When I did Federal LE, I didn't have to learn new laws at every duty station I was at being it was FEDERAL Law that I enforced. It doesn't change from Kansas to Florida or even Guam........

    Oh, and thanks for the nickname, as weak as it is to steal others game being you've already inherited the "Troll" moniker, but whatever makes you feel better at night. Whats cool is that Everyone else in here will use your Lil Troll name but they won't use your weak, stolen, term of endearment for me!!!
    I'm sorry...I thought this was a football forum. It was my assumption that all smack talk had to do with the actual teams on the field and not some tirade against an NFL owner.

    You absolutely misquoted me as you took only a piece of my quote and then proceed to misinterpret that. Try again.

    And stop trying to be a lawyer - it's comical. A judge's opinion/decision is final unless it gets overturned on appeal. Here, the Judge has said he is throwing the evidence out based on a motion by Kraft's lawyers to suppress the evidence. This evidentiary ruling is being appealed by the Florida DA. How can you say a judge's opinion means nothing? You think the guy wrote a 40 page opinion for fun?

    And yes there are different federal jurisdictions. Our nation is divided into multiple federal jurisdiction called circuits. Kansas is in the 10th circuit, and Florida is in the 11th circuit. While federal statutes are the same across the nation, they are interpreted differently in each circuit. This is why circuit splits arise and cases go to the Supreme Court for ultimate resolution. Get it? In any event, the judge here is a STATE court judge, not federal, and the cops were acting under state law. The judge has applied Florida law to this matter and decided to throw the evidence out. Therefore, what a state court judge in Kansas (or your neck of the woods) would have done is irrelevant. I will repeat that you are not some great expert on criminal matters in the state of Florida but are acting like you are one. It may work out the way you hope (Kraft found guilty) but right now the evidence the cops have will not be considered.

    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...rt_map.svg.png
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 05-24-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none)

  5. #590
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    I'm sorry...I thought this was a football forum. It was my assumption that all smack talk had to do with the actual teams on the field and not some tirade against an NFL owner.

    You absolutely misquoted me as you took only a piece of my quote and then proceed to misinterpret that. Try again.

    And stop trying to be a lawyer - it's comical. A judge's opinion/decision is final unless it gets overturned on appeal. Here, the Judge has said he is throwing the evidence out based on a motion by Kraft's lawyers to suppress the evidence. This evidentiary ruling is being appealed by the Florida DA. How can you say a judge's opinion means nothing? You think the guy wrote a 40 page opinion for fun?

    And yes there are different federal jurisdictions. Our nation is divided into multiple federal jurisdiction called circuits. Kansas is in the 10th circuit, and Florida is in the 11th circuit. While federal statutes are the same across the nation, they are interpreted differently in each circuit. This is why circuit splits arise and cases go to the Supreme Court for ultimate resolution. Get it? In any event, the judge here is a STATE court judge, not federal, and the cops were acting under state law. The judge has applied Florida law to this matter and decided to throw the evidence out. Therefore, what a state court judge in Kansas (or your neck of the woods) would have done is irrelevant. I will repeat that you are not some great expert on criminal matters in the state of Florida but are acting like you are one. It may work out the way you hope (Kraft found guilty) but right now the evidence the cops have will not be considered.

    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...rt_map.svg.png
    The circuits dont have anything to do with the federal laws that are enforced by the LE..... The laws dont change state by state.

    Glad you can hack the web pages on lawyer and court info..... you're no legal professional....

    "Hi, I'm Tammy Brady from the Law offices of Tammy, Peat, and SMR81". SILLY Lil Troll.

  6. #591
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    17,540
    The stupidity is strong with that ones posts.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

  7. #592
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    The circuits dont have anything to do with the federal laws that are enforced by the LE..... The laws dont change state by state.

    Glad you can hack the web pages on lawyer and court info..... you're no legal professional....

    "Hi, I'm Tammy Brady from the Law offices of Tammy, Peat, and SMR81". SILLY Lil Troll.
    The federal laws don't change state-by-state but their INTERPRETATION by judges varies by circuit. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_split

    And in any event, the Kraft matter is NOT federal for the 1000th time. This is a FLORIDA court issue before a FLORIDA judge based on surveillance that was conducted by FLORIDA police. These judges are going to interpret their own STATE laws different than a Kansas judge would a Kansas law. Stop trying to act like a judge.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 05-25-2019 at 04:06 PM.

  8. #593
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,913
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    The federal laws don't change state-by-state but their INTERPRETATION by judges varies by circuit. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_split

    And in any event, the Kraft matter is NOT federal for the 1000th time. This is a FLORIDA court issue before a FLORIDA judge based on surveillance that was conducted by FLORIDA police. These judges are going to interpret their own STATE laws different than a Kansas judge would a Kansas law. Stop trying to act like a judge.
    WTH! Really

    Have you said thank you to a veteran?

    I know your a pansy fan but they arenít real patriots...

    Go out and show some appreciation to those whoíve given you the right to troll here!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-25-2019 at 09:14 PM.

  9. #594
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    WTH! Really

    Have you said thank you to a veteran?

    I know your a pansy fan but they aren’t real patriots...

    Go out and show some appreciation to those who’ve given you the right to troll here!
    Sammy, you should be thanking veterans every day, And technically, Memorial Day is a day for remembering those who DIED in combat, while Veterans Day is for honoring our troops who are still with us. Nothing wrong with thanking a vet any day of the week though.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none)

  10. #595
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    WTH! Really

    Have you said thank you to a veteran?

    I know your a pansy fan but they arenít real patriots...

    Go out and show some appreciation to those whoíve given you the right to troll here!
    Sammy, you should be thanking veterans every day. And technically, Memorial Day is a day for remembering those who DIED in combat, while Veterans Day (in November) is the day for honoring our troops who are still with us. Nothing wrong with thanking a vet any day of the week though.

    https://www.sheknows.com/living/arti...-for-veterans/
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 05-26-2019 at 06:23 AM.

  11. #596
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,913
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Sammy, you should be thanking veterans every day. And technically, Memorial Day is a day for remembering those who DIED in combat, while Veterans Day (in November) is the day for honoring our troops who are still with us. Nothing wrong with thanking a vet any day of the week though.

    https://www.sheknows.com/living/arti...-for-veterans/
    Yeah sure you have tam anyway hereís some more bad news out of planet ass.

    Ben Watson suspended for first four games of the 2019 season. Give us your asinine analysis on the subject.
    https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-ha...our-games-2019
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-26-2019 at 05:15 PM.

  12. #597
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Yeah sure you have tam anyway hereís some more bad news out of planet ass.

    Ben Watson suspended for first four games of the 2019 season. Give us your asinine analysis on the subject.
    https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-ha...our-games-2019
    He was just signed a few weeks ago. He must have done his PEDs before the Pats signed him. Besides, it's no different than Derek Wolfe getting busted.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 05-27-2019 at 07:44 AM.

  13. #598
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    17,540
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    He was just a few weeks ago. He must have done his PEDs before the Pats signed him. Besides, it's no different than Derek Wolfe getting busted.
    No different than Brady’s 4 games for cheating too...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

  14. #599
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,901
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    No different than Bradyís 4 games for cheating too...
    Some people are naive and will believe anything.

  15. #600
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    No different than Bradyís 4 games for cheating too...
    Hopefully this season ends as well as that one did...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •