Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    SMR is turning some people absolutely inside/out. And doing it with facts. Personally, I'd put Elway 2-4 historically. Both Manning and Marino have some great claims. They could be easily interchangeable depending on the criteria.
    So if you’d put Elway at 2 and you also agree with SMR28 or whatever the heck his name is, you’d have to put Manning above him at 1

Where’s that leave the cheetah in your book???

The majority of people take Manning over Elway...another link that backs that up.

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...3EAEAEA&sr=amp

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    The majority of people take Manning over Elway...another link that backs that up.

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...3EAEAEA&sr=amp
    Are you having trouble believing your own argument?

I’m only asking because you keep posting links.

Thread so full of troll fail.....

Oh wait I’d I post a link.... but that seems like a troll manoever.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Thread so full of troll fail.....

Oh wait I’d I post a link.... but that seems like a troll manoever.
    You are correct, you and the rest of the Elway Fan Boy Club have not had much to add, which in turn has resorted to trolling out of frustration on your parts

But hey, I’ll see if I can find another link just for you

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Are you having trouble believing your own argument?

I’m only asking because you keep posting links.

John Elway: Why He's the Most Overrated NFL Quarterback of All Time

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...te-of-all-time

So if you’d put Elway at 2 and you also agree with SMR28 or whatever the heck his name is, you’d have to put Manning above him at 1

I thought this thread was about Manning & Elway? Why are you talking about TB?

I thought this thread was about Manning & Elway? Why are you talking about TB?
    Because you put at Elway between 2-4 but agreed with SMR81 that Manning was better.

So that must mean Manning is at number 1!

As far as Brady, you said “2-4” when we are only talking about two QBs so that leaves everyone curious where you’d rank others.

It’s just a question, dont let it ruin your day!

SMR is turning some people absolutely inside/out. And doing it with facts. Personally, I'd put Elway 2-4 historically. Both Manning and Marino have some great claims. They could be easily interchangeable depending on the criteria.
    So, posting articles written by individuals with an opinion on their own rankings is fact? Yes, Manning put up numbers due to the "passer league" he played in and I won't take any of that away from him. Just as SMRTommy has his own opinion, so do others. You can't support a ranking system of who's the greatest by using facts. The numbers aren't the only thing that makes players great. This is an opinion based debate, and that's the only fact. He's just gotten to the point of creating names for those who choose differently than him and trolling at this point. You are right with your last sentence...... Every single player is interchangeable depending on the criteria but he doesn't want to hear any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post

John Elway: Why He's the Most Overrated NFL Quarterback of All Time

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...te-of-all-time
    Bleacher Report, the perfect go to site when you have no arguement and you need some amatuer writer to back you up.

What facts? He's posting skewed stats and comparing apples to apples when Manning is an apple and Elway is an orange. They cannot be compared on equal footing because they are from entirely different eras of football. I'd have no issues with Manning being ahead of Elway in the top five, personal bias has elway ahead, but to say elway is "fringe top 10" that's just asinine and his rational completely throws out the window that they are from different eras.

I don't see how anyone wouldn't put brady at #1 best all time considering the winning and production over his career, nobody else is even close unless you're talking about just stats and production.

Welcome Back! #85

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    I don't see how anyone wouldn't put brady at #1 best all time considering the winning and production over his career, nobody else is even close unless you're talking about just stats and production.
    I begrudgingly have him at #1. I don't want to, but the latest win makes it hard to do anything else.

That said, I still feel like he's a glorified system QB and wouldn't have been nearly the same outside of the extremely favorable system he's had the luxury of playing under.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I begrudgingly have him at #1. I don't want to, but the latest win makes it hard to do anything else.

That said, I still feel like he's a glorified system QB and wouldn't have been nearly the same outside of the extremely favorable system he's had the luxury of playing under.
    that's very possible, if he was drafted by the chargers he would probably still be ringless

Welcome Back! #85

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Hey Baph, I just saw this. Never had heard this story. Just thought it was interesting.

Al Saunders: I was a young coach in San Diego, about 34 years old. Don Coryell calls Ernie Zampese and I into the office and says he wants to fly us up to San Jose to have dinner with Jack Elway, John's dad. Jack was coaching at San Jose State at the time, and John was playing at Stanford. Don says, "We are going to make a trade, and we are going to select John as our quarterback." So, Ernie and I flew up there. We had dinner two nights before the draft with Jack Elway at Original Joe's restaurant in San Jose. Boy, we're drinking wine, we're eating spaghetti, we're just having a great time. Ernie and I are so excited. We get on the plane, and we see Don when we get back. "Coach, everything is great, Jack is real excited, this thing is going to work." The next day, Baltimore works out that deal with Denver and we didn't get him.
    Hey Baph, never heard from you on this.... Had you ever heard this story? Thought it was interesting.