Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    We are fortunate to have a higher pick than Indy and Cleveland as they would select white in the first round IMO. Collins is unlikely to be franchised by the Giants. Same with Mosley. Two big time LB's in FA and where they land will likely determine the path we take in the draft. I'd take Metcalf at 10 if White is off the board.

Collins to Indy and Mosley to Denver or Cleveland. Surely you would still steer clear of the Raiders, regardless of the $$$ on offer?
    [URL]www.nrlhub.com[/URL] NRL HUB

Quote Originally Posted by legend View Post
    We are fortunate to have a higher pick than Indy and Cleveland as they would select white in the first round IMO. Collins is unlikely to be franchised by the Giants. Same with Mosley. Two big time LB's in FA and where they land will likely determine the path we take in the draft. I'd take Metcalf at 10 if White is off the board.

Collins to Indy and Mosley to Denver or Cleveland. Surely you would still steer clear of the Raiders, regardless of the $$$ on offer?
    Collins is a safety.....

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    Why? We have other needs we should adress with our 1st pick.
    to get 2 very good prospects at ILB. I agree that we have other needs but Devin White looks like the best player to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    I'd rather get the best player available that fits a need or get a franchise QB
    I agree... cps
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Fangio makes the statement that Denver "needs a new inside backer or 2"......then a meets with White at the combine today.

I know they will meet with all kinds of 1st round talent while in Indy but his ties to great LBs everywhere hes been makes this one seem more serious to me
    Fangio being a LB guy and then having Von Miller, Bradley Chubb and possibly Devin White to work with? Holy smokes.

Not a guarantee of anything, I get the concerns brought up in this thread. We also have to address the future at QB. Flip a second this year and pick up an extra 1st next year? That'll give us ammo for a franchise QB. Either way, should be fun to see.
    You've got to know when to sack em...

I am a Michigan fan as well as a Broncos fan. What does White do better then Bush? I personally want Devin Bush in a trade back. One other intersesting fact is Vic was on Harbaughs staff in SF. So I am sure he knows exactly what he would be getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pdtimm View Post
    I am a Michigan fan as well as a Broncos fan. What does White do better then Bush? I personally want Devin Bush in a trade back. One other intersesting fact is Vic was on Harbaughs staff in SF. So I am sure he knows exactly what he would be getting.
    better length and he sheds blockers better. i'd rated bush as a better tackler.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Thank you for the insight. I read that Bush was a better tackler as well. I guess I don't see after the combine a huge difference between the two. One comparison I read said White had higher ceiling as he is just learning the position. While Bush had the higher floor. Either way I hope Denver goes Defense with first pick, too much high end talent.

Imagine being an ILB in the upcoming draft knowing you have Miller, Chubb and Fangio to work with? You'd be foaming at the mouth to go to the Broncos!
    [URL]www.nrlhub.com[/URL] NRL HUB

Quote Originally Posted by Pdtimm View Post
    Thank you for the insight. I read that Bush was a better tackler as well. I guess I don't see after the combine a huge difference between the two. One comparison I read said White had higher ceiling as he is just learning the position. While Bush had the higher floor. Either way I hope Denver goes Defense with first pick, too much high end talent.
    if white goes top 5. bush may end up in the 10-15. Fangio has worked with smaller Lbers and succeeded with them AKa Sam Mills. he also values tackling so i wouldn't rule out bush at all. plus Bush's tape is really good i feel. White is still a work in progess and a bit of a work out warrior. Bush actually looked really good and was a natural leader at Michigan. i am not sure i can say the same with White.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    I have seen the video and agree that it is very good. My other concern with White is that ILB is not a premium draft spot or pay for most teams. If we pick someone at #10, I hope it is not a guy that has several attributes "that need to be coached out of him"

I don't think White will be a bust, although there is always a possibility. I think there is a legitimate chance he will be average or below average. If we pick an ILB at #10 we need him to be a perennial pro bowler. I would take almost any other position before ILB given our needs across the board. I think we could use an upgrade at almost every position (Edge rusher an obvious exception).
    Brett Kollman also thought Brock Osweiler was going to be a franchise QB with the Texans, so there's that for his "in-depth" analysis. He makes a lot of observations, but how relevant they are to the overall picture hasn't been proven.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    What are some of the sources you've looked at? I honestly hadn't heard those criticisms of him. Here's one report that is sort of the opposite.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2019dwhite.php
    Weaknesses

Instincts are very average
    Can be fooled by key fakes and misdirection
    Coaxed out of position two different times by the same run play versus Alabama
    Diagnosis can run behind
    Too many false steps in initial movement
    Gets caught behind climbing linemen and doesn't always fight to disengage
    Not a natural knee-bender in space
    Running backs consistently finish under his pads
    Take-on technique needs plenty of work
    Uses shoulder challenges with hands as an afterthought
    Misses tackles when footwork and scrape balance get too loose
    Hard flows to sideline lack leverage and patience
    Relatively unchallenged as a coverage option

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/devin-...e-8aace4ba0d48

Strengths

Shorter legs, longer torso improves center of gravity
    Well put together with excellent musculation throughout his limbs
    Unorthodox, but finds the football
    Voracious student of the game
    Major spikes in production over last two seasons
    Quick-twitch trigger with big burst to close
    Shoots gaps looking to makes plays into the backfield
    Quick sink and drive for effective change of direction
    Agility to sift from gap to gap to track bouncing runners
    Lose upper body to spin and pivot around moving blocks
    Weight-room champ with impressive strength numbers across the board
    Pursuit speed closes the gap allowing for additional tackle opportunities
    Aggressive and purposeful in tugging the ball loose from running backs
    Active hands in space to challenge throws in space

Devin White is still learning to play LB, you have to remember he was a RB coming to college. He still reads plays like a RB and thatís where a lot of his weaknesses come from

Well, crap. After that speed in the 40 at the combine I'm worried that he wo't be there at #10. And it's not like I've got a draft crush on the guy. I just thought he'd be good value at our pick.