Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The WR and TE Class this season

my Early read is both of these are really strong this year. the top of WR may not be there but there are some really good prospects who can be stars and even more that will be good complimentary pieces. but this TE class looks top notch. i think there are 3 TE worth first round picks. Hockerson may be a top 10-15 guy who the broncos like. but this TE class with T.J. Hockerson Noah Fant and Irv Smith. it looks super strong.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I am a Hawkeye fan so I would absolutely love either Fant or Hockenson but they will both be 1st round picks, I'm not sure Elway goes for TE with so many other pressing needs. My best hope for a stud TE would be for Smith in a fingers crossed scenario in the 2nd.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I wouldn't be mad if we took Hockenson at #10. I can't even remember the last time we had a complete TE who was a threat in the passing game and a beast run blocking. It may be a slight reach but anytime you can take a guy in the draft and forget about the position for 10 years it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I am a Hawkeye fan so I would absolutely love either Fant or Hockenson but they will both be 1st round picks, I'm not sure Elway goes for TE with so many other pressing needs. My best hope for a stud TE would be for Smith in a fingers crossed scenario in the 2nd.
    I'm a Hawks fan as well, but I could see Fant slipping to rd 2 especially since TE isnt really a round 1 commodity

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I wouldn't be mad if we took Hockenson at #10. I can't even remember the last time we had a complete TE who was a threat in the passing game and a beast run blocking. It may be a slight reach but anytime you can take a guy in the draft and forget about the position for 10 years it's worth it.
    Even if it looked like a reach on draft day 2-3 years in if he develops to the top 5 te in the NFL I think he can. Then it won't be a reach. Especially sense I feel any of these guys could end up being 1000 yard receivers as te

Hakeem Butler would be just fine too.

I seen this talked about in the other thread with you JvDub, and I agree with you. I could look very foolish saying this, but Hockenson is the safest player in the draft, and I see no way in the world barring injuries of course, that he doesn't succeed. I never say this, but I think he is a perennial pro bowler and a top 5 tight-end throughout the majority of his career. TJ is sneaky athletic, he is white, so it is a shock whenever a white boy can move like that, he can block as well as anyone in this draft, he can catch the ball as well as anyone in this draft, he plays with a competitive edge like he is a walk on, and although I wouldn't want to take him at 10, I think he would be the safest pick in the draft.

I also see Noah Fant as another prospect I'd be willing to take in round 1. Fant moves so well, he is smooth, is competitive, and although he isn't a great blocker, he understands angles and is clearly a smart football player. I don't know if I would take Fant in round 1, I don't see him as a safe pick, or a lock to be at least solid, but he is a great prospect and my 3rd rated tight end this year.

My 2nd rated guy is the Alabama tight end, Irv Smith Jr. It is looking like right now, his range is late first round, to the early 2nd, and he would be my target with that second round pick. I am all in on addressing the offensive line in round 1 and 2, or adding a tight end with that second pick. Smith Jr is an athletic tight end who can also really move, he is so smooth in his route running, and he can really block as well. I would love to come away from the top 3 rounds with one of these top three tight end prospects, the group is going to be great in the future in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    Hakeem Butler would be just fine too.
    As an iowa state fan he reminds me of a Brandon lloyd in a big body. Can make amazing catches with his crazy catch radius but than drops some real easy ones. Plus I wonder how his separation in the nfl will be since he wasn't great at getting it in college. But his catch radius made it irrelevant as he would catch it with guys draped over him and break those tackles. Be interesting to see how high he climbs or how far he drops.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Separation issues in college usually don't change in the NFL, early on at least. That is my biggest worry with Courtland Sutton. At SMU Sutton had issues with getting separation, and although he made his name by making tough, contested catches in traffic, he was forced to adapt his game because he struggled to gain separation. On Hakeem Butler, I think he is actually pretty comparable to Courtland Sutton. I haven't watched a whole heap of him, but he has some of the same issues, and really excels in those 50-50 ball situations, I wouldn't draft him personally though as we have a guy to play the same role, but I like him as a prospect.

Just saw path to the draft and loved Nkeal Harry. WOW

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    N'Keal Harry looks like the real deal to me. I also really like Deebo Samuel who is my pick for WR in this years draft.

Harry is a guy I really like in this draft but prob wonít be avail for when we pick again. He is a late first early second. Fingers crossed though, right?

OK...Seeway just called him his number 1 receiver in this draft. I respect that dudes opinion. I haven't watched WR at all as this is not a priority for us.......but I do believe I can pick out the cream of the crop.....and when I saw Harry last night.......I was impressed. There's really not a scenario where I see him landing on our team, but I do like him. ALOT !

OK...Seeway just called him his number 1 receiver in this draft. I respect that dudes opinion. I haven't watched WR at all as this is not a priority for us.......but I do believe I can pick out the cream of the crop.....and when I saw Harry last night.......I was impressed. There's really not a scenario where I see him landing on our team, but I do like him. ALOT !
    I don't think we will take a WR high either. I'm seeing the reasons for the hype on DK metcalf. He looks like he has potential but some people are calling him a top 10 prospect. He reminds me of Darrius Heyward-Bey...all speed and few skills.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I don't think we will take a WR high either. I'm seeing the reasons for the hype on DK metcalf. He looks like he has potential but some people are calling him a top 10 prospect. He reminds me of Darrius Heyward-Bey...all speed and few skills.
    75% of Calvin Johnsonís routes were slants, go, digs, and curls. Johnson could run any route but as is the case with Metcalf thereís not much reason to have him run a complete route tree. His speed and size will force CBs to back off opening up 3 of those 4 routes. Even if they do come up heís physical enough to create separation at the point of attack.

Iím not saying Metcalf will be the next Calvin Johnson, but there is a blueprint out there for Metcalf to be an effective WR.