Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Some of Denver's biggest misses in scouting the Draft include: Ted Gregory (1988); Marcus Nash (1998); Willie Middlebrooks (2001); Paul Toviessi (2001); Jarvis Moss (2007); Montee Ball (2013); and, Paxton Lynch (2016)
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Some of Denver's biggest misses in scouting the Draft include: Ted Gregory (1988); Marcus Nash (1998); Willie Middlebrooks (2001); Paul Toviessi (2001); Jarvis Moss (2007); Montee Ball (2013); and, Paxton Lynch (2016)
    Gregory was probably the biggest miss. He was drafted in the top 3 and never saw a down for the Broncos, if Iím remembering correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Gregory was probably the biggest miss. He was drafted in the top 3 and never saw a down for the Broncos, if I’m remembering correctly.
    Gregory was a terrible pick even as the #26 player drafted. Not sure what Reeves saw in him.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Gregory was a terrible pick even as the #26 player drafted. Not sure what Reeves saw in him.
    I believe no one had watched any of his tape but he was drafted by a recommendation of one of Reevesí friends.

Robert Ayers. When we drafted him I thought he was the next Reggie White.

I wanted Steven Jackson more than anything the year we took DJ Williams. I called DJ trash and a bust, he actually turned out to be a pretty good LB for us.

Jonathan Stewart. I wanted this guy badly, when we didnít take him I said he was gonna be the next Earl Campbell and we whiffed on a hall of famer.

Chad Kelly. I could not believe he lasted 7 rounds and was begging for us to draft him from round 3 on. When we got him I was so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    If I'm being honest, the Broncos pick I've been most upset with in the last 10 years was Von Miller. Coming out of the 2010 season where Denver was horrendous at everything on defense I thought they needed to shore up the middle of the line with a guy who could stop the run, and rush the passer. I wanted Marcel Dareus, he was a can't miss prospect. I thought Miller was too small to play DE and teams would be able to go up the middle or to the other side.

Now to be fair Dareus' first 4 years in Buffalo made him look exactly like the difference maker I wanted. And then the suspensions started (two of them so far) and the returns started to diminish quite a bit.

Meanwhile I was pretty wrong about Von Miller. Turns out he can change games, and him being on the field makes offences have to scheme around him. And he seems to have a knack for making a big play (sack or strip sack) late in the game when the other team is trying to drive to tie it or win.
    We shared a brain that year..haha Glad we were wrong..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

I was high on Paxton Lynch. Whoops.
    I wasn't big on Demaryius Thomas.

Around the league, I thought the Giants got a steal in 2011 when Prince Amukamara fell to them at #19. I thought he was a sure fire top 10 pick and would be a stud CB.
    I also thought Zach Ertz would end up being a mediocre TE.

I was a big fan of Montee Ball and glad they drafted him, I really thought he could be the next TD. Maybe things would have been different if he wasn't drowning in a bottle... sad.